Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• They sound good but zero connectivity made me never use it

• The devs sure keeping @Gavinski busy

• Someone stop this genius dev from releasing 0 connectivity apps. Someone has to tell him 2nd world war is over.

• @Yalexein said:
    Someone stop this genius dev from releasing 0 connectivity apps. Someone has to tell him 2nd world war is over.

Lmao

• @Yalexein said:
    Someone stop this genius dev from releasing 0 connectivity apps. Someone has to tell him 2nd world war is over.

+1

• +2

Can’t understand why he do this.

Zero demo video as always.

@Gravitas yes standalone only both 3

• The first two have never been updated since the release

• edited November 2020

@Charlesalbert said:
    +2

Can’t understand why he do this.

Zero demo video as always.

@Gravitas yes standalone only both 3

With zero connectivity??

No.

It's a pity because all three from the
    descriptions look like they would be worth it

Still, the WT-1 looks like it's turned up in time
    for the wavetable oscillator trend at the moment.

• I still use his SynthDrum Kick Audio Unit. Shame nothing else has connectivity, he’s a good dev.

• Ha , I know, I use the fm alot and I just gangster record out! So dope and interface is amazing!

• @I_sip_cupps said:
    I still use his SynthDrum Kick Audio Unit. Shame nothing else has connectivity, he’s a good dev.

SynthDrumKick kicks ass

• @oceansinspace said:
    Ha , I know, I use the fm alot and I just gangster record out! So dope and interface is amazing!

@oceansinspace said:
    Ha , I know, I use the fm alot and I just gangster record out! So dope and interface is amazing!

I totally agree. But record video is a pain.

• Hey, long time not here but he released videos about it.

• Bought and I’m enjoying it so far. If he adds connectivity these apps would be real bombs

• /it puts the money in the basket....

• Yea, so despite the old school analog no sync approach this sounds great and I can already see using it! The funny thing is the app has to be so good that I literally just record headphone jack out or screen recording and export to audio only. This Paul dude is maybe on a weird universe, but his kick drum and fm app are so good I feel sick I cant even midi barf haha. Man, lets hack it just for midi sync jk.

• So what do you reckon it is with Mr Paul? He makes the apps for himself? Only uses an audio interface into a desktop DAW? Prefers to code DSP over connectivity? Gets bored?

I find it so strange that he doesn’t let his grooveboxes get used in a track in any conventional way.

• @gusgranite said:
    So what do you reckon it is with Mr Paul? He makes the apps for himself? Only uses an audio interface into a desktop DAW? Prefers to code DSP over connectivity? Gets bored?

I find it so strange that he doesn’t let his grooveboxes get used in a track in any conventional way.

Agreed. I admire and grumble all in one.

• The biggest question of all... Has anyone ever had contact with him? Don't recall seeing him here or in any FB group.
    Maybe he's a myth. Or an AI making apps

• @senhorlampada said:
    The biggest question of all... Has anyone ever had contact with him? Don't recall seeing him here or in any FB group.

I beta tested Drum Synth which is an AU so he knows what’s what.

• I tried to reach him writing some mails but got no reply

• @gusgranite said:

@senhorlampada said:
    The biggest question of all... Has anyone ever had contact with him? Don't recall seeing him here or in any FB group.

I beta tested Drum Synth which is an AU so he knows what’s what.

Ah, a true contrarian. Good man :)

• The 3 synth options are top notch! Pleeeease add AU.

• :lol: @gusgranite Thanks for showing us reality, brother. Sometimes I get some Wizard of Oz vibes :lol:

But jokes aside, his apps are cool. Good UIs on RS-08, eTheremin, Synthdrum pads... And I recall them having Audiobus 3 support from the get go

• Well, I had Analog, and just bought Wavetable, so I knew what I was going into. The apps are absolutely brilliant for tweaking with a sequence (or 3) all running, so it’s a damn shame they are so defiantly standalone. I have emailed the dev to praise the Grooveboxes and to beg for some connectivity, with no real expectation of anything, and in the meantime will rely on screen recording and wav stripping. Ah well!

• I’ve been quite intrigued by his FM one for a bit, so I emailed him to see if it supported sequencing the algorithm as well as other parameters, but never got a response, so never dived in...

• Bought Wavetable - after a couple of false starts I'm really getting into it. Very versatile and a whole lot of fun. Agree that it would be awesome as an AU and if you could import waveforms, but for few quid I'm a happy bunny...