Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Step poly arp

JebJeb
edited April 2014 in General App Discussion

Hi has anyone had any success at sending midi into step poly arp? There's a video showing the midin going in from SP Pro and the arp'ing SP's selected chord , however it's an old vid and I can't get it to work. Was wanting to pump a sequencer into arp then have poly arp ISem

Thanks in advance

Comments

• I can get midiSequencer driving StepPolyArp driving iSem.

SPA needs to be in ARP mode (latch just ignores midi stop/start as you would expect) - was also using sync (BPM in SPA same as midiSequencer). Need a slow tempo in midiSequencer to be able to play a resonable length arp in SPA.

SPA has a good intuitive midi dialog for connecting.
    iSem needs to have background Audio on.

• Hi

Thanks for the response.. the delay in replying is because I've been trying to get it working.. No matter what I do Poly Arp doesn't appear to be acting on a midi in.

Taking AB2 out of the equation and just using midi ( with Bkg Audio on, I've tried sunrizer and other apps without any success).

My poor understanding of midi is simple that you define what midi goes out from the app and what goes in. so in theory starting from the sound source, this should receive from Poly Arp and Poly Arp should receive from the sequencer ( or what ever master control.. e.g. Genome/ SoundPrism / Midi Sequencer)

Does this sound Right? --- using iPad Air ( and I tried a hard boot.. just in case).

Thanks

• I can load audiobus with a synth and Cubasis, and have Cubasis drive StepPolyArp, which then drives the synth, which then gets recorded into Cubasis. It works really well. :-)

Try not using Sunrizer--I believe Sunrizer doesn't send Midi out, which may be a problem in your setup...or maybe not...

• Ipad 3 IOS 7.1 16G AB2
    Isem connect ch1 midi ON stepPolyarp (off midisequencer)

StepPolyArp (select tabs) midi out Isem; midi in MidiSequencer (select preset)

MidiSequencer
    Devices select only StepPolyArp
    Start MShis

• @jeb SPA lit up the keys at the bottom - that's how I knew midiSequencer was driving it.
    You need a sequencer app - not many synths send midi out as AudioJunkie saya. Little Midi Machine (free) would do if you don't own my app.

• Hi All

Thanks for all the replies.

After another hour spent trying get it to work I found my huge mistake .... At some point I must have disabled channel 1 input in SPA.. Once I enabled it every thing worked like a charm

Thanks again to everyone