Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ambient pads synth

edited November 2020 in Creations

Anyone know of a good synth for ambient pads? Something compatible with Atom Piano roll would be amazing!

Edit: This might be the most helpful forum i've seen!

Comments

• I love sugar bytes factory
    Audio damage Continua
    Imaginando FRMS
    Some really great ones for free as in app download in sunrizer too

Be sure to get some reverb and delay too

• Well I'm I big fan of the pad sounds that Sunriser can do (especially with a dab of Crystals and Velvet Machine) but also have a look at AutoPad.

• In addition to @david_2017’s suggestions, take a look at SynthScaper. Extremely deep albeit a bit hard to tame.

• In addition to all of the above,

Synthmaster One
    Aparillo
    DRC
    Lagrange
    Pure Synth Platinum
    Magellan 2

Any of the Moog apps (Model D, Model 15, Animoog)

And again, as @david_2017 mentioned, grab some reverbs and delays (I’d highly recommend Eventide’s Blackhole and FAC Alteza for reverbs, and Kosmonaut is a “must have” delay, especially if you’re into ambient stuff)

• LayR is a phenomenal synth for any sound and extra exceptional with for pads. its not the simplest synth on the market to program as it has, as the name suggests, layers ... but the presets available for it are enough for a life time of recording’s. its an ios classic synth, can’t go wrong. it can get high on the cpu but just depends

• KQ Dixie, just add layers and fx, especially reverb and delay.

• Sunrizer has some of the fattest pads on ios. Loads of free soundbanks too.

• Are there any pad soundbanks available for Sunrizer that you can link me to? I mostly use pads in my church worship services and Sunrizer is amazing. However, I only have a single pad sound for it and am desperately looking for more.

• @Grobles87 said:
    Are there any pad soundbanks available for Sunrizer that you can link me to? I mostly use pads in my church worship services and Sunrizer is amazing. However, I only have a single pad sound for it and am desperately looking for more.

Have you downloaded preset from Sunrizer web library? There is tons of presets. Vintage Analog as some nice pads. If you don’t know how to accès the web library let me know I’ll make a couple screen capture.

• edited November 2020

basically just use a lot of huge reverb like FAC Alteza and then synth itself is not that important... Any random sound send throug cool reverb (and eventually also filtered delay with long taps before reverb), with reverb wet 60% and more will make great ambient pad ...

it works good with FM and WaveTable synthesis, but as i said source sound isn't thst important, 80% is in reverb

generally, even farts sent throuh Alteza (or if you're lucky, through Strymon BigSky) will do great ambient pad :lol:

for dark ambient use lot of ovedrive/distortion before reverb :)

• @ecou said:

@Grobles87 said:
    Are there any pad soundbanks available for Sunrizer that you can link me to? I mostly use pads in my church worship services and Sunrizer is amazing. However, I only have a single pad sound for it and am desperately looking for more.

Have you downloaded preset from Sunrizer web library? There is tons of presets. Vintage Analog as some nice pads. If you don’t know how to accès the web library let me know I’ll make a couple screen capture.

That would be great. I didn't even know there was a web library. I have always gotten sound packs and transferred them from my pc to Sunrizer through iTunes.

• @dendy said:
    basically just use a lot of huge reverb like FAC Alteza and then synth itself is not that important... Any random sound send throug cool reverb (and eventually also filtered delay with long taps before reverb), with reverb wet 60% and more will make great ambient pad ...

it works good with FM and WaveTable synthesis, but as i said source sound isn't thst important, 80% is in reverb

generally, even farts sent throuh Alteza (or if you're lucky, through Strymon BigSky) will do great ambient pad :lol:

for dark ambient use lot of ovedrive/distortion before reverb :)

you can’t beat a good old fashion shimmery fart drone

• Not AU but still wonderful
    Mitosynth

• @Grobles87 said:

@ecou said:

@Grobles87 said:

That would be great. I didn't even know there was a web library. I have always gotten sound packs and transferred them from my pc to Sunrizer through iTunes.

In Sunrizer click on the preset window and at the bottom right you will see the Web Library. Click on a library to install in your Sunrizer.

• @ecou said:

@Grobles87 said:

@ecou said:

@Grobles87 said:

In Sunrizer click on the preset window and at the bottom right you will see the Web Library. Click on a library to install in your Sunrizer.

Awesome, never noticed that. Thanks

• @FPC said:

@ecou said:

@Grobles87 said:

@ecou said:

@Grobles87 said:

Awesome, never noticed that. Thanks

My pleasure 😎👍

• Klevgrand's Hillman is also fantastic for pads.

• Here’s a free patch bank I made for Sunrizer. Plenty of pads in there, mostly set up as chords. You can turn the chord off if you wish. Jhttps://forum.audiob.us/discussion/15566/64-sunrizer-presets-free/p1

• @richardyot said:
    Klevgrand's Hillman is also fantastic for pads.

Plus some plugins (ALTEZA, Black hole etc) YES!!! Hilman gets the job done big time

• @reasOne said:
    you can’t beat a good old fashion shimmery fart drone

:+1:

• @ecou said:
    Vintage Analog as some nice pads.

Indeed, some nice pads there. Thanks.

@LeeB said:
    Here’s a free patch bank I made for Sunrizer. Plenty of pads in there, mostly set up as chords. You can turn the chord off if you wish. Jhttps://forum.audiob.us/discussion/15566/64-sunrizer-presets-free/p1

Thanks, sounding good. What do you mean by “set up as chords”? Are you referring to the mode as Poly?

• @bleep said:

@ecou said:
    Vintage Analog as some nice pads.

Indeed, some nice pads there. Thanks.

@LeeB said:
    Here’s a free patch bank I made for Sunrizer. Plenty of pads in there, mostly set up as chords. You can turn the chord off if you wish. Jhttps://forum.audiob.us/discussion/15566/64-sunrizer-presets-free/p1

Thanks, sounding good. What do you mean by “set up as chords”? Are you referring to the mode as Poly?

Hi, on the main screen you have the chord button where you can set up one finger chords. Many of my patches have that engaged, but it can be disabled so that in poly mode you can play the keys as normal.

• Oh, I had forgotten about that feature (or perhaps never seen it!). Need to spend more time with Sunrizer, these pads will help.

• edited November 2020

There are way too many, but here’s a few. I’m sure I missed some, these are in no particular order.

Soundscapes

SynthScaper - IAA
    SynthScaper LE - AUv3 but not as much control as full version

Granular

Quanta
    FRMS
    Borderlands
    Tardigrain

Synths with great Pads

OBXD
    Mela
    Moog - Model D & Model 15
    iKaspar
    PureSynth Platinum
    Sunrizer
    Volt
    Mood
    DRC
    Bleass Alpha
    SynthMaster One
    Moodunits
    Hillman

Monophonic - but still good atmospheric pad stuff

Shockwave

And of course Drambo, especially with New Wavetable IAP

• @LeeB said:

These are nice. Had them for awhile, I have 90% starred as a favorite.

• Also AutoPad which is now AUv3, and loads samples, though there was an issue with that, and I haven’t checked to see if it’s been fixed.

Yea also there’s a few FX that will turn many sounds into great pads. Velvet Machine. FAC Alteza. Black hole Reverb.

• Anything + FAC Alteza = Pad

• @bleep said:
    Oh, I had forgotten about that feature (or perhaps never seen it!). Need to spend more time with Sunrizer, these pads will help.

👍🏼

@Poppadocrock said:

@LeeB said:

These are nice. Had them for awhile, I have 90% starred as a favorite.

Cheers 👍🏼

• @wim said:
    Anything + FAC Alteza = Pad

Lol. But true.

• @Poppadocrock said:

@wim said:
    Anything + FAC Alteza = Pad

Lol. But true.

Add after anything Yuri‘s Velvet machine :-)