Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Agonizer (Haq/Numerical) Mono MPE Bass Synth super quick overview (winners announced!)

Agonizer Numerical Audio Mono MPE Bass Synth SuperQuick Walkthrough (3 FREE COPIES TO GIVE AWAY!) for IOS

This is a VERY brief overview of Agonizer - a monophonic ‘MPE’ bass synth for iOS - which has two main goals - a) to give you a quick overview of the interface and how to dial in sounds b) how to set up modulation to make the sounds more expressive when playing as MPE. If you want a run through a whole bunch of presets etc, other videos will be more suitable. I have 3 copies of the app to give away to subscribers to the channel watching in the first 2 days of release. To have a chance to win, follow the instructions in the pinned comment at the top of the YouTube comments section. If you find this video useful, please do give it a like and subscribe for more. Thanks folks!

Comments

• Has to be said, this sounds damn good. Plenty here for those who don't like wubbage!

• Thanks @Gavinski. I’m not so into monophonic, but You know me well and I can’t resist😂

• The low creaking bass sounds are very compelling. Not sure I've heard anything similar.

• Charles, I do hate that it is monophonic, but polythemus to the rescue.

@gkillmaster definitely Jakob and Kai, based on this and their Shockwave collab, really know how to make some atmospheric synth sounds 👍

• @Gavinski : there are a couple of Mozaic mono-to-Poly scripts for those that have it and don’t want to buy Polyphemus:

https://patchstorage.com/roll-a-poly/

https://patchstorage.com/poly-it-up-channel-rotator/

• @espiegel123 said:
    @Gavinski : there are a couple of Mozaic mono-to-Poly scripts for those that have it and don’t want to buy Polyphemus:

Nice, thank you Ed. Which of these three would be your personal choice or does it depend?

• @Gavinski said:

@espiegel123 said:
    @Gavinski : there are a couple of Mozaic mono-to-Poly scripts for those that have it and don’t want to buy Polyphemus:

Nice, thank you Ed. Which of these three would be your personal choice or does it depend?

I haven’t used them enough to have an opinion.

• As usual thanks for the informative vid and polythemus looks interesting also, didn’t know that existed

• @espiegel123 said:

Yup.

• Yea I feel like monophonic only synths, unnecessarily limit themselves. Especially on modern plugins.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Yea I feel like monophonic only synths, unnecessarily limit themselves. Especially on modern plugins.

I feel differently. I think there is a need for both mono and poly synths. With mono synths, you have more clear control over the modulation and expression of each note. You also don’t waste resources on voices you aren’t using. There are subtle differences in architecture for the best mono and poly synths. Just adding a poly option to something designed as a mono synth might not make it a great poly synth.

• F*****g yeah! Just been having so much fun with this, just feeding it a simple bassline and then twiddling the knobs. Oh, my, I'm in heaven! Techno heaven 😁

• Mono/Poly, doesn't everything break down to overtones, partials, etc anyway? Isn't a fat chord just a type of additive synthesis? So I'm finding the sounds that work best for polyphony are generally a bit sparser or uncluttered. Gives the harmonies some space to do their thing. With monophonic instruments that voice has the stage to itself, so it's a very different proposition. Yeah just a thought. Completely different beasts. I don't mind monos being monos.

• I like the mono only synths. If they sound good it makes for an easy choice when looking for lead or bass etc.

• Instabuy ! :smiley:

• The UI needs more work.
    At least add pan/scroll so we can access all UI objects when using the AUv3 on smaller iPads. Guess none of the beta people used smaller ipads since this issue is pretty obvious...
    ...not everyone has a 12.9” iPad...

• Even with portamento set to zero there’s a short annoying or should I say agonizing pitch-glide present. Hope it’s not by design...

Oh well, good try, remains to be seen how long it stays on my iPad...

• @Samu said:
    The UI needs more work.
    At least add pan/scroll so we can access all UI objects when using the AUv3 on smaller iPads. Guess none of the beta people used smaller ipads since this issue is pretty obvious...

I don't have a 12.9" iPad either. Mine is a 10.5 Pro and it works great on it. Not noticing the portamento issue you describe, but you could simply send the dev a note. He's always been very quick and responsive with post-launch fixes and tweaks.

• edited November 2020

@Samu said:
    The UI needs more work.

Try using two fingers to scroll the interface when using Agonizer in Aum on an ipad air.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    Yea I feel like monophonic only synths, unnecessarily limit themselves. Especially on modern plugins.

.....You also don’t waste resources on voices you aren’t using......

Exactly. Only children are the best.

• edited November 2020

Kicks arse!

• @skiphunt said:

@Samu said:
    The UI needs more work.

I don't have a 12.9" iPad either. Mine is a 10.5 Pro and it works great on it. Not noticing the portamento issue you describe, but you could simply send the dev a note. He's always been very quick and responsive with post-launch fixes and tweaks.

Wouldn't devs themselves normally have a few devices of different sizes? If not, then yes, they may need a wider pool of testers.

• @Gavinski said:

@skiphunt said:

@Samu said:
    The UI needs more work.

Wouldn't devs themselves normally have a few devices of different sizes? If not, then yes, they may need a wider pool of testers.

Whatever dude. The point is, why get all bent out of shape if there might be an issue with the layout on an iPad mini... especially on the day of launch when you know it’s a dev who’ll make it right if the layout needs to be tweaked. He always does. Just send him a note and I’m sure it’ll be addressed.

• Wow. I did my first preset. There is a LOT of fun packed in to this thing. That is for sure 😃🤘🏼

• @Lorichs said:
    Wow. I did my first preset. There is a LOT of fun packed in to this thing. That is for sure 😃🤘🏼

Definitely! And best of all, it's very easy to dial in complex, highly expressive sounds l 👍👍

• @hacked_to_pieces said:
    Try using two fingers to scroll the interface when using Agonizer in Aum on an ipad air.

Thanks for that :)
    Cheers!

• Edit: the lucky winners are!

Russ8889
    Norman Lacaud
    Llena Lunas

Big congrats! 🎉🎉🎉

• edited November 2020

Nice guys. The more I play with this beast the more I like it.

• Me too, it's great. Does anyone get a crash in the AUv3 in aum though while moving the wobbulator direction knob while playing?

• @Gavinski i will try soon and I let you know