Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Rock Drum Machine - Version 6 Update Demo & Tutorial for the iPad - Lots Of New Features

This Version 6 update brings the original Rock Drum Machine up to date with a load of new features including a couple of new drummers called Mike & John, the new drummers are IAPs
Hope you enjoy the video.

Comments

• Great overview, my favourite drum app just got better and the new drummers are right up my street.

• Thank you, Doug!

I knew we could count on you! 🙌🏻

(Be sure to watch Doug's earlier Rock Drum Machine videos. Tons f good stuff there as well.)

• Wow awesome detailed review a d tutorial! I like both new drummers!

• Another update just popped up with assignable midi mapping, virtual ports seem to be working now as well.

• @GrimLucky said:
    Another update just popped up with assignable midi mapping, virtual ports seem to be working now as well.

Wooo hooo! Hopefully this helps with the midi opaqueness I personally experience with this app, which by the way I love as well as the rest of LumBeats.

• Everything about midi/sync/"sound module thing" drive me crazy in Lumbeat's apps 😩🥴... these drummers would SO much deserve a SO much better UI and "user guide"... and for this particular one RDM, I would SO much need/wish having more "tracks" to be able to use multiple cymbals in the kit (splash + crash + ride + china) ! 🤷‍♂️

• I still don't understand what exactly the IAP drummers will get you. an extra kit? different fills? a different "feel? New drum patterns?

Also I wonder what price range we're talking about...

• I have purchased both drummers for the drum machine… And it’s on my phone, however, I can’t get the iPad to recognize that I purchased them… It’s frustrating

• Hi guys, I’m looking for a good acoustic drum machine for my iPhone.

I want to use it live along with my guitar (through Midi Guitar 2 + Synth pads) so Midi-learn (to include Start/Stop and Preset switching) is essential.

Anyone know if this would work for me, and if not any suggestions.

Many thanks!

• @MikeFloutier said:
    Hi guys, I’m looking for a good acoustic drum machine for my iPhone.

I want to use it live along with my guitar (through Midi Guitar 2 + Synth pads) so Midi-learn (to include Start/Stop and Preset switching) is essential.

Many thanks!

If it were me I'd buy Audiolayer and one of the Drumdops kits (Single Hits Packs), probably Mapex Heavy Rock Kit or 1970s Slingerland Classic Rock Kit.

• edited February 2022

@Ailerom said:

>

If it were me I'd buy Audiolayer and one of the Drumdops kits (Single Hits Packs), probably Mapex Heavy Rock Kit or 1970s Slingerland Classic Rock Kit.

Many thanks, will check it out!

Which I did, no mention of midi learn??

• @MikeFloutier said:

@Ailerom said:

>

Many thanks, will check it out!

Which I did, no mention of midi learn??

What do you want it to learn?

• Start/Stop and Preset/Pattern selection (for fills and alternates)

• @MikeFloutier said:
    Start/Stop and Preset/Pattern selection (for fills and alternates)

Oh, no I think you'd have to get more complex for that. And I think I agree a single app would be most reliable.

• I love Rock Drum Machine’s ability to sound like real drummer playing, so i send its Midi out notes to Drum Session App and use the several kits available there. I really like the Stems Out Kit in Drum Session.

I believe you could achieve the same if using AudioLayer by sending RDM midi out to drive AudioLayer drumkit.

@Ailerom said:

@MikeFloutier said:

Many thanks!

• Thanks guys, I’ll check them out!

• @Tones4Christ said:
    I love Rock Drum Machine’s ability to sound like real drummer playing, so i send its Midi out notes to Drum Session App and use the several kits available there. I really like the Stems Out Kit in Drum Session.

I believe you could achieve the same if using AudioLayer by sending RDM midi out to drive AudioLayer drumkit.

@Ailerom said:

@MikeFloutier said:

Many thanks!

I like what RDM does but the sound is average at best (in my oh so humble opinion)

• edited February 2022

@Tones4Christ said:
    I love Rock Drum Machine’s ability to sound like real drummer playing, so i send its Midi out notes to Drum Session App and use the several kits available there. I really like the Stems Out Kit in Drum Session.

@Ailerom said:

@MikeFloutier said:

Many thanks!

Pardon my language but I’ve tried multiple time and ways to get midi out of RockDrum and into another sound source. I’m no midi noob, but how and the heck do you do it besides exporting the midi? I’ve failed every time.

• Zombie thread. Stab in in the head.

• @audiblevideo said:
    Pardon my language but I’ve tried multiple time and ways to get midi out of RockDrum and into another sound source. I’m no midi noob, but how and the heck do you do it besides exporting the midi? I’ve failed every time.

Don't stab it in the head. I want to know the answer too.

• @dokwok2 said:

@audiblevideo said:

Don't stab it in the head. I want to know the answer too.

@Tones4Christ and I had a discussion about just that not too long ago. Lemme see if I can dig it up.

• wimwim
    edited February 2022

Oh ... it was via PM, and it wasn't so much a step-by-step as I was remembering. I'll quote some of it below. @audiblevideo and @dokwok2 - maybe post some direct questions or issues if this doesn't help:

By Session Drummer, do you mean the app Drum Session? If so, I'm pretty sure you can make it work fairly easily. If I try to do it for you I might not make the same choices for sounds that you would.

You'll see three columns of notes in RD, one for each type of hit in the sequencer (dark, light, and red). Notice that sometimes the notes aren't the same for all three. What you need to do display the keyboard view in Drum Session to see what notes it uses for each sound. Then go to RD and change any notes you need.

For instance, in my RD, the Ride uses note Eb2 for the first two hit types and E2 for the "red" hit type. In DS that's "hi crash edge" and "ride tip". I'm thinking I'd either make all those E2, or maybe use E2 and F2. One easy way to about it is start a pattern running in RD, then adjust notes up and down until it sounds right.

Basically, you need to:

1. Make sure MIDI Out is set properly (and midi-in on the receiving side. If you set AUM as the midi output, you set 'AUM Destination' not Rock DM as the input in AUM).
    2. Check that the channel is correct.
    3. Set up the mapping properly so that the sounds you want are triggered in the target app.
  • THANKS @wim I'll blame/get back to you with results :wink:

• So sorry for late response. Yes, Wim really helped me to get it going. It really works. Make sure in RDM the tab “send notes” is highlighted. Otherwise no midi notes will output. I also noticed that this worked better while hosting both apps in AUM. Hope it helps.

@audiblevideo said:

@Tones4Christ said:

@Ailerom said:

@MikeFloutier said:

Many thanks!

• edited February 2022

Thank you, @Tones4Christ and @wim. I just tested successfully with RDM hosted in AUM and did the following:

In RDM:

1. Go to MIDI page. (The button looks like a tiny DIN socket.)
    2. Under MIDI Out, make sure AUM is selected.
    3. Press NOTES MIDI MAP. On this tab, you need to do two things. First, and most important, press SEND NOTES so that it lights up in red. (I think this is the piece I was missing.) Second, you might want to LOAD a MIDI map. I started with GM or GM2, where GM stands for General MIDI.)

In AUM:
    1. For the app that's going to be receiving MIDI notes from RDM, make a MIDI connection to "'AUM' Destination."
    2. Make sure that the receiving app is set to the same MIDI channel as RDM (or is set to Global/all channels.)
    3. If you set RDM to send GM (General MIDI) notes, set your receiving app to do the same. (Ruismaker and Digistix2, which I just tested, both have GM buttons.) You might still need to tweak the note mapping between the two apps, but if you start RDM going now you should be getting sound from the second app too. You can check this by muting RDM in AUM. You should also see MIDI activity on the "'AUM' Destination" MIDI source.

• ( Slaps head multiple multiple times )

Send Notes <—- totes forgot to do this

• It used to be in the open before Luis made big updates to the midi out. But i really love the AI playing the drums into other apps. You can adjust the note out of the cymbals and that made a huge difference for me. Wim taught me that one! He’s a real blessing!

• Could one of the owners please see if there is a cowbell available in RDM?

• edited January 18

@filo01 said:
    Could one of the owners please see if there is a cowbell available in RDM?

Don't see any in RDM... But there are quite a few in AfroLatin DM... and the Send Groove will knock your socks off...
    Edit... Don't think it is shown in this video... Someone should show off this Send Groove thing..