Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• No Arm version yet sadly

• MPE Whooooppeeeeeeeeeee

• Now that's what I call a game changer.

• Wonder if Live Lite will also get a version based on Live 11 just like previous versions have been updated from 9 to 10 etc?

• Looking forward to the scale & randomisation options. The ‘takes’ ability to mess with a recorded track looks cool too. Great overview here:

• FINALLY
    🙌🏿🙌🏿🙌🏿🙌🏿🙌🏿🙌🏿🙌🏿🙌🏿🙌🏿🙌🏿

• Fortunately I sold my Suite 10 few months ago, I'd be really frustrated if I had to pay for an upgrade for MPE

• So does MPE support mean that the polyphonic aftertouch built into Push 2 will finally be supported? That took a while! 😂

• Comping looks good but otherwise I’m happy with 10. Solid update though.

• edited November 2020

The PROBABILITY... Nice

Let us see if Maschine implements..

• Some nice features including follow actions on scenes, finally.

• To cost as much as it does maybe they should spend some effort upgrading the GUI too. One of the ugliest and least inspiring music software on the market. I’ll stick with Lite.

• @Korakios said:
    Fortunately I sold my Suite 10 few months ago, I'd be really frustrated if I had to pay for an upgrade for MPE

I chopped my fingers off and now I can wear socks as gloves :)

• Next year, so will have to be patient...

• So, looks like free upgrade if you have 10 already?

• edited November 2020

I think it’s a free upgrade if you buy 10 now, not if you already have it

• @Korakios said:
    Fortunately I sold my Suite 10 few months ago, I'd be really frustrated if I had to pay for an upgrade for MPE

As someone who has fiddled but not committed to Ableton, can you share why you gave up on it?

• edited November 2020

If you are an existing 10 Live Suite owner, it is a £143 upgrade, which is apparently 20% off the retail upgrade price for pre orders ‘for a limited time only’.

You can ‘buy’ it now, and they will debit your card on download day, promised for first quarter 2021. As the Beta is out for download now, hopefully this means an earlier rather than later release. As I am a big fan of the Max For Live gadgets, and more are promised, alongside some kind of included content from the excellent Spitfire Audio, plus there are some cool updates to the existing instrument selections, I’m in for the upgrade as soon as.

• I haven't used Live in almost a year, should download the beta. If they don't charge you now for upgrade, it's not a bad price.

I've been using VCVRack as a VST host on an old 2012 desktop and it's working suprisingly well. I wonder if I'll use the upgrade that much.

• edited November 2020

Looks like a solid release, depending on what you need. For me, after the lingering feeling of disappointment with Live 10 not having enough to justify the upgrade price, Live 11 is no instabuy. Don't need comping or MPE, though these are great for users who've been chomping at the bit for these. Tempo following looks great but again I don't need it. Great for live work though.

The workflow upgrades i.e. Increase to 16 Macros + snapshots may well be the most useful, along with the clip probability settings and the upgrade to Follow Actions look interesting. The Spitfire Audio instruments look good.

Quite happy with Live 10 for now. If I'm buying any DAW right now, it might well be Bitwig as their modular workflow and crazy modulation options leave Live in the dust frankly.

• @Samu said:
    Wonder if Live Lite will also get a version based on Live 11 just like previous versions have been updated from 9 to 10 etc?

Yep, this will happen closer to release date.

• @yowza said:
    To cost as much as it does maybe they should spend some effort upgrading the GUI too. One of the ugliest and least inspiring music software on the market. I’ll stick with Lite.

I love the look. Clean, consistent, and not like anything else. Compared to Logic, where every feature looks different, it’s a beauty!

• Nice new features. I think it has everything now that I missed.

@Tarekith said:
    Yep, this will happen closer to release date.

Can you please confirm if the current sysex implementation is considered done?
    I was hoping to see improvements... :(

• @mistercharlie said:

@yowza said:
    To cost as much as it does maybe they should spend some effort upgrading the GUI too. One of the ugliest and least inspiring music software on the market. I’ll stick with Lite.

I love the look. Clean, consistent, and not like anything else. Compared to Logic, where every feature looks different, it’s a beauty!

+1. Clean, uncluttered, pleasing on the eye, intuitive.

• edited November 2020

Looks like a great update. Some really nice touches and improvements to the workflow. I really love 10, and will be happy to upgrade to 11. Nice work as always Ableton 👊🏼™️

Also agree on the UI. One of the nicest out there but BitWig really outshines it in areas for sure.

• @craftycurate said:

@mistercharlie said:

@yowza said:

+1. Clean, uncluttered, pleasing on the eye, intuitive.

Totally agree. I love that they ignored the paradigms that other DAWs copied and then made it their own.

• edited November 2020

No Push 3 standalone.... damn a brother has to keep dreaming or buy that Force I guess.

Also +1 love the UI in Live
    I will probably upgrade to suite for the sale and get the free 11 upgrade

~~Looks like free upgrade for existing owners~

• I was wrong

• It's a free upgrade to 11 if you purchase 10 now, not for existing owners of 10, just to clarify.

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    Can you please confirm if the current sysex implementation is considered done?
    I was hoping to see improvements... :(

I honestly have no idea about that, but there will definitely be some refining of things as we move through the public beta process. There's a more to the update than all the videos are showing so far too.