Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Nautilus workstation coming soon.....

Korgs latest looks like a revamped Kronos. The specs don't seem to show anything new at first glance.

Wondering if the Korg Module pro IAP's are from their workstations?

https://www.korg.com/uk/products/synthesizers/nautilus/specifications.php

Comments

• Yes...can’t be for iOS.
    Yet another Kronos...watered down ...
    Let’s see what NAMM brings..but not expecting anything.
    Too slow for sampling and editing...
    I’ll wait..

• Korg killin it lately damn

• Bring Kronos into 21st century..with I pad like control I screen....I could be interested....
    Easier sample editing...
    Add PA4x vocal input capabilities!
    No one machine does it all....and Fantom doesn’t either....

• @IOSSOS said:
    Bring Kronos into 21st century..with I pad like control I screen....I could be interested....
    Easier sample editing...
    Add PA4x vocal input capabilities!
    No one machine does it all....and Fantom doesn’t either....

Seems like the workstation keyboard is a dying out! Shame really, I loved my Roland Fantom X but with the power of the Ipad now they all seem redundant especially considering the high price tag.

• I thought workstations were the way. Then I discovered the iPad. No comparison.

• @LinearLineman said:
    I thought workstations were the way. Then I discovered the iPad. No comparison.

Exactly!
    Had my first workstation in 1988 Roland D20 and then over the years Roland XP50, Korg N364, Roland Fantom X6 and now Yamaha MOXF8 which still , imho, has the best piano sounds and better than Ravenscroft 275. But I'm not knocking the Ravenscroft as it is very good. But I mainly use the Ipad now and Cubasis 3 so for the large part the MOXF never gets that much use.

The last Korg sale I bought Module pro upgrade and a ton of the IAP's and have to say they are outstanding in places, the orchestral dreams is really up there in terms of sound quality so I just can't see the need for workstations anymore.

• And the small screen!

• edited November 2020

Yes the musical posibilities with the Ipad are absolutely amazing, but do you really play live with the iPad?
    That is what I have wanted to do for a long time and now with the AUv3 plugins it is all more controllable and stable, but I still find that my Ipad (pro 10.5) and my Iphone XR at times can spare with the plugins that I use in AUM (I play guitar with amps, effects, midi guitar and synths), but suddenly I have clicks and pops and the AUM cpu meter turns red, let alone when I open the interface of some plugin, then the cpu meter always turns red and the clicks explode.
    What is outrageous is that it does not happen in a consistent way, sometimes everything sounds perfect and AUM shows 60% cpu and after a while the clicks and cracks begin.
    Does not matter if I have avion mode, its so inestable sometimes.
    I think the real culprit here is the Realtime work.
    How do you solve this problem?

• edited November 2020

@jassy said:
    Yes the musical posibilities with the Ipad are absolutely amazing, but do you really play live with the iPad?
    That is what I have wanted to do for a long time and now with the AUv3 plugins it is all more controllable and stable, but I still find that my Ipad (pro 10.5) and my Iphone XR at times can spare with the plugins that I use in AUM (I play guitar with amps, effects, midi guitar and synths), but suddenly I have clicks and pops and the AUM cpu meter turns red, let alone when I open the interface of some plugin, then the cpu meter always turns red and the clicks explode.
    What is outrageous is that it does not happen in a consistent way, sometimes everything sounds perfect and AUM shows 60% cpu and after a while the clicks and cracks begin.
    Does not matter if I have avion mode, its so inestable sometimes.
    I think the real culprit here is the Realtime work.
    How do you solve this problem?

Have you tried changing buffer settings in AUM? When I use Ravenscroft piano app in AUM and using Eventide Blackhole effect I sometimes get the odd glitch. I change the buffer setting from 128 to 256 and I can play much more complicated riffs with the sustain pedal down. I have a Ipad Pro 12.9 2nd gen.

That's a good point, hadn't thought of that regarding live playing.

The plus point of a hardware workstation is they are normally rock solid, durable and reliable which in turn leaves you confident to play your best live.

• Yes increment the buffer is the only way, but not that much margin and more than 128 is too much, at least when playing audio through the IPad (you need to account the whole round trip) or playing synths with midi guitar.
    But What I cant understand is why is so voluble the cpu in IOS, I can play a lot of instruments at 64 buffer an then it starts to click and pop, its throttling or what? We can’t force the CPU to stay at maximum?

• What IOS are you on? I'm still on 13.5.1. I was going to update to 14.2 but as usual with an Apple update it seems to break things rather than improve them and the fact it's 2.25GB!

That is a hell of a lot of user memory lost. Why can't Apple let us choose what we want to upgrade as most of the update has nothing to do with music production.

I often get issues when laying tracks in Cubasis 3. My last recording session had only 8 tracks each running an AUV3 synth and using 1 or 2 AUV3 effects on each track and no audio tracks. I start playback and I get stuttering, clicks etc.

Does IOS 14.2 improve efficiency within music apps?..................Hmmm?

• I have IOS 13.4.

• @jassy said:
    I have IOS 13.4.

So like me your unsure of the IOS 14 update? What is stopping you updating? The size of the update and the fact things seem to stop working stops me. IS there anything else I should consider?

• edited November 2020

I saw them still talking about modes in 2020 in a video last week. Fantom eliminated modes over a year ago.

I think a usable workstation with user-friendly interface is what makes a huge difference. Sounds can be downloaded, purchased, sampled, etc later. It’s like buying lenses for a camera.

• @Sandstorm said:

@jassy said:
    I think the real culprit here is the Realtime work?

That's a good point, hadn't thought of that regarding live playing.

The plus point of a hardware workstation is they are normally rock solid, durable and reliable which in turn leaves you confident to play your best live.

Yes workstations are rock solid and reliable. What if your app dies, laptop dies or the connected DAW dies during live? Your workstation is still up and running.