Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiokit released their 909 app

Comments

• I make it 23ms behind. (Comparison RM Noir. Delay Noir in Drambo, lined up using oscilloscope in mirack.)

• Unfortunately @analog_matt hasn't commented on this forum since June when people were over the edge with criticism. I don't blame his departure. But I do hope that we can see progress on the apps that are out. I think the limited editions need a break and some serious R&D need to be put into what's currently available. I think this will help turn people's minds around about them. I've been an avid supporter of Audiokit, but I admit that I'm growing frustrated at the lack of upkeep on their current offerings. I just really want D1 fixed.

• Sounds quite satisfying in that old school drum machine way though. Favourite processing, FAC Transient > Saturn 2 > MDE. All the presets are insanely hot, I don't know how that happens, pretty sure the little red box isn't supposed to mean great job guys keep cranking it.
    Hope the timing gets fixed that's a big deal, few UI glitches. Straightforward FR would be switching off tracks on the sequencer is unique to pattern. It's independent to mute so it would be a bonus functionality.

• edited November 2020

When I open it, it shows the splash screen and then closes. Or shows it, blinks, shows it once more and then closes. I have reinstalled, same thing happens again.

Any ideas anyone?

e2a: opens fine in AUM. Guessing it's not standalone then?

• @ashh said:
    When I open it, it shows the splash screen and then closes. Or shows it, blinks, shows it once more and then closes. I have reinstalled, same thing happens again.

Any ideas anyone?

e2a: opens fine in AUM. Guessing it's not standalone then?

Opens fine in standalone for me. iPad 6th gen 13.7.

• Opens fine in AUM, timing is off, output extremely hot.
    Crashes in stand alone.
    Air 2, 13.7

Sounds very, very good though.

• I've not checked timing yet, but no crashes on iPad Air 2, iPadOS14.2 or iOS14.2

• Timing definitely out on my Air 2 and just checked on mates Air 3 , it’s off there too

• The timing to me seems ok... there is a constant lag, but at least it’s easy enough to work around that

• I’ve always been a big supporter of Audiokit and their apps, ask all that I chat with daily but this is getting out of hand. The timing issue is too noticeable. This is a drum app!!!!!! Maybe for the next app they will allow more beta testers because as a better tester for other apps I feel bad when a bug is missed by us but this was an easy one to catch. Just saying.

• What puzzles me are all these 'Youtubers' and 'Producers' who promote the app and those who have been part of the beta.
    Are they too 'up in the blue' over a new app that they forget to check its actual core functionality?

Yes the output is far from rock solid when it comes to timing...
    Maybe it's some kind of 'emulated latency' just like the simulate 808 timing in Rozeta X0X?

Cheers!

• I agree that the timing issue has to be solved but I think that this app sounds very good.

The output is very loud (+9db). What is the best strategy to normalise the sound? Would you add a limiter directly on the 909 track or would you send the signal to the master add the limiter at this moment ?

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@tja said:
    I don't buy fucking lies.

Sir, this is an Arby’s.

@Gavinski said:

@tja said:

Please explain

@anickt said:

@tja said:

Talk about unnecessary posts...

@wim said:
    Deleted. Harsh.

@wim said:
    I think he’s pissed off about the pricing “lies”.

I don’t see any lies when I read this FAQ: https://audiokitpro.com/appdrops/
    But for some reason the limited edition pricing thing really gets under some people’s skin. :D

The topic has been done to death, and AK isn’t changing their tune. Good on them, I say. But it seems to be immensely irritating for some.

@gusgranite said:
    This is out of character for you @tja - take a break dude.

Yes, this was harsher from me than I'm normally.
    But still, it is true.

AudioKit sells those Limited Edition Apps as "limited editions", which means that 10 Apps will only be sold for a short time and then never again.

And this is the lie!

They sold them over and over again, for some "special event" (like .... just publishing some arbitrary other App)!

So they are plain and simply lying!
    And i will not support a lying developer in any way!

BTW, i never liked this idea of limited editions anyway, it is unfair for all those who come later.

And AudioKit seem to understand that, as we see in their "special event sales".

But instead of removing this concent and simply allowing all of their apps to be bought at any time, as for any other App in the store, they continue with this concept and are not willing to simply admit the mistake and change it!

Any comment, @analog_matt or others?

• FPCFPC
    edited November 2020

True i guess but (and I really don't mean to belittle you here) so what? They're just cheap apps the end of the day. Buy 'em or don't buy 'em, nothing to get worked up about.

As I said I really don't want to dis you or anyone else, just opinions on the internet after all :)

More concerning to me are the performance issue. Love the 808 bass machine, the lo-fi piano and the 909 but why are they so crashy, resource hungry? And will Synth One EVER get AUv3?

• @FPC said:
    True i guess but (and I really don't mean to belittle you here) so what? They're just cheap apps the end of the day. Buy 'em or don't buy 'em, nothing to get worked up about.

As I said I really don't want to dis you or anyone else, just opinions on the internet after all :)

More concerning to me are the performance issue. Love the 808 bass machine, the lo-fi piano and the 909 but why are they so crashy, resource hungry? And will Synth One EVER get AUv3?

All valid points.

I bought any and all Apps of them, regardless of the problems.

But I did not buy "HOUSE: Mark I" or LE04 and will never buy something from them again, until they make the LE Apps generally available.

Waiting for them to not sell those Apps again is futile, as they may change this at any time and sell those App again and again.

Cannot support such behavior and stance.

• @FPC said:

+1

Yeah I have no problem with their pricing tbh. They are trying something new and different with the pricing of their apps. If anything, I’m glad they bring back their limited edition apps so others have the opportunity to try them. And they are really cheap too, they probably dont make much money off of them.

Definitely performance issues are a concern though. They’re synths always cut out a note or two for me and they crash too often so I just rarely touch them. It’s a shame because they sound incredible to me at least.

• edited November 2020

I just bought 909 for sampling into my ancient EPS16 Plus, Logic etc or to make loops to feed the insatiable BlocsWave.

It's a fun little drum machine that can make really nice, nasty sounds. Or is that nasty, nice? Anyways. Worth it to make samples to order I reckon.

But I do like a good drum machine... Can't have too many. I doubt they'll ever get 909 to be CPU efficient but they have to fix the timing. If I wanted out of time drums I'd get a drummer. :lol:

• @itsaghost said:

@FPC said:

+1

Yeah I have no problem with their pricing tbh. They are trying something new and different with the pricing of their apps. If anything, I’m glad they bring back their limited edition apps so others have the opportunity to try them. And they are really cheap too, they probably dont make much money off of them.

Definitely performance issues are a concern though. They’re synths always cut out a note or two for me and they crash too often so I just rarely touch them. It’s a shame because they sound incredible to me at least.

For me, the price of the Apps is totally irrelevant.

My point would also be true, when all of their Apps would be free and cost nothing.

They are lying.
    Without any need at all.

This is incorrect behavior.

• I find the whole limited edition silliness a bit of a whatever. As if it's a big deal, I don't buy an app in the hope that I might be part of a select few that have it. No doubt they'll pop up from time to time, or buy them at $999 (no don't).

• The 909 is quite usable and a bit of light relief in that it's incredibly simple to use. Sounds great, especially with a bit of help. Could just run all other tracks through a delay bus, 23ms isn't the end of the world. I doubt a lot of people would notice until it's pointed out anyway. I'd be pretty pissed off if I'd have spent 10x on it but it's not much more than a big bag of sweets, so yeah..

• Is anyone using this app on a 2020 Pro? There’s a guy in iPad Musicians on Facebook saying that it just won’t open and crashes immediately. I don’t know how to help him because my iPad is a donkey and it works fine.

• You can get a flam effect by using 32nd notes btw

• @Jamie_Mallender said:
    Is anyone using this app on a 2020 Pro? There’s a guy in iPad Musicians on Facebook saying that it just won’t open and crashes immediately. I don’t know how to help him because my iPad is a donkey and it works fine.

Yes, working perfectly on my iPad Pro 2020

• @Charlesalbert said:

@Jamie_Mallender said:
    Is anyone using this app on a 2020 Pro? There’s a guy in iPad Musicians on Facebook saying that it just won’t open and crashes immediately. I don’t know how to help him because my iPad is a donkey and it works fine.

Thank you dude! :)

• edited November 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @winconway said:
    @analog_matt you should listen up to @hansjbs he is an amazing beta tester, or pop in to my discord channel, there are guys in their that will help with real testing too.
    I don't want to pile on but the name Audiokit is a running joke right now, sales tactics aside, grab some real testers.

Wow...

• @winconway said:
    @analog_matt you should listen up to @hansjbs he is an amazing beta tester, or pop in to my discord channel, there are guys in their that will help with real testing too.
    I don't want to pile on but the name Audiokit is a running joke right now, sales tactics aside, grab some real testers.

Thanks Win. Definitely plenty of guys that are willing to help.

• @Jamie_Mallender said:

@Charlesalbert said:

@Jamie_Mallender said:

I suspect this may be related more to the OS version than to the device. The stand-alone version works fine on my iPad Air, iOS 12.4.9, latest version for this venerable device. It fails reliably on startup, logging SIGABRT, on iPad 6, iPadOS 14.2. Works fine in AB3 tho'.

• @uncledave said:

@Jamie_Mallender said:

@Charlesalbert said:

@Jamie_Mallender said:

I suspect this may be related more to the OS version than to the device. The stand-alone version works fine on my iPad Air, iOS 12.4.9, latest version for this venerable device. It fails reliably on startup, logging SIGABRT, on iPad 6, iPadOS 14.2. Works fine in AB3 tho'.

Thanks very much for the insight. With a new app I guess it’s inevitable there will be little teething issues with iOS versions and iDevice sizes. I can mostly help everyone with their app issues but it’s tricky to help people with those kinds of issues.

• Loving the sounds, but when I try to record in GarageBand via AU, the timeline is empty despite being able to hear what was just recorded. What am I missing?