Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drum computer is out!!!!

Comments

• all the preset sequences are so busy! sheesh calm down 🤣 this is pretty standard for drum machines tho, groovebox and others do the same thing.
    i’m going to attempt to make a collection of chill/downtempo sequences for future use and inspiration, i like flipping thru presets for inspiration but 99% of these are just too dang busy...
    fyi you don’t need a drum to trigger on every 16th note 🤣 less is more!

• @reasOne said:
    all the preset sequences are so busy! sheesh calm down 🤣 this is pretty standard for drum machines tho, groovebox and others do the same thing.
    i’m going to attempt to make a collection of chill/downtempo sequences for future use and inspiration, i like flipping thru presets for inspiration but 99% of these are just too dang busy...

Yeah its like they got Animal in to program the beats.🤪
    Luckily its all readily and easily tameable in the sequencer section.

• edited November 2020

I had a similar experience with Factory... for me it's not at all the synth I first thought it was based on flipping through the presets. Going through the presets on this trial left me cold, but I can see how versatile it is and I'm sure I'll eventually get it. To each their own!

Speaking of Factory, not sure I can unsee these higher res graphics now and not dream of Factory being updated with a nicer skin.

• Hi @tk32! Yup it’s crashing on me too while trying to open it up in standalone and also by scrolling through the presets! I just send in 4 crash reports on this to SB. Please everyone affected do contact the Dev on these issues too so that much the sooner we can get all these annoying issues resolved. I’m on 1st gen IPad Pro 12.9 running on apples latest 14.2. Software. Cheers, ED

@tk32 said:

@tk32 said:

@tk32 said:
    I installed the demo and I'm getting an instant crash on launch about 1 second after seeing the Sugarbytes splash screen, every time. even after a reboot/reinstall.

Now the UI is loading, but touching any of the controls leads to instant crash

Anyone else having problems running this on iPadOS 14.2?

Just discovered, with some advice from a friend, that disabling all midi outputs in Drum Computer's settings stop the crashes.

...that is ...until you switch presets :(

I'm calling standalone mode broken in iPadOS 14.2

Perhaps the AUv3 is more stable, but this standalone demo version is completely borked in the latest iOS. Were all the testers using iOS13???

• @reasOne said:
    all the preset sequences are so busy! sheesh calm down 🤣 this is pretty standard for drum machines tho, groovebox and others do the same thing.

Maybe a PatchPool preset account?

https://dropbox.com/s/9kqwo24rjcogdvg/Bed%20Bath%202.sbb?dl=0

• @Jes said:

@reasOne said:

Yeah its like they got Animal in to program the beats.🤪
    Luckily its all readily and easily tameable in the sequencer section.

haha ol animal and dr teeth did all the sequences

• @RajahP said:

@reasOne said:

is that a link to share presets?? sorry on my phone can’t tell rn

• Looking at SB's sale history on App Sliced and it looks like they do app sales around Black Friday at the end of November. If you can wait until then, that may be a good deal.

• @reasOne said:

@RajahP said:

@reasOne said:

It's a DropBox link for a DC preset... Hope it works... May have to download...

• @wim said:

@sch said:

@tk32 said:
    Finally found a fix for standalone mode on iOS 14.2

You have to disable Network session 1 output in the advanced settings:

I still can’t get past the splash screen... instant crash on 14.2, 3rd gen 12.9 iPad Pro. How did you manage to get to the settings???

If its a problem with Network Session, maybe going to Airplane mode will let it launch. Just a hunch.

Thanx Wim, I just tried going over to Airplane mode. Still no go. I just rebooted, re-installed the app free version, and I tried 10 more times to open app up but all crashing upon opening up in the standalone. And I can’t find the app in my home screen app list so I have to do a search for it to find it! ~ED

• For this alone I will stay on 13.7.

• It looks like this is their first release with high (or higher, at least) resolution UI, right?

• reason one : that's odd I think its more bananas and trippy. There are alot of mad hatter drums but this is pretty out there.

• Omg this app is awesome. Just 5 minutes in, I hit the buy button.
    Just making a beat en jamming for 15 minutes with this one loop changing kits and messing with the remix slider is so much fun

• Terrific app. Sounds great and the sequencer is top notch. Hats off to SB for providing a demo.

• i pressed buy before i pressed any other buttons. its an obvious app for me. 30$ is a great deal for something of this caliber.

• @RajahP said:

@reasOne said:

@RajahP said:

@reasOne said:

It's a DropBox link for a DC preset... Hope it works... May have to download...

nice! when i get back to my ipad i’ll look it up!

• @RajahP said:

@reasOne said:

I know I should read the manual but how the heck you load presets?? Do I have to go to stand-alone first? Where is the user folder?

• @reasOne said:
    i pressed buy before i pressed any other buttons. its an obvious app for me. 30$ is a great deal for something of this caliber.

Lol same!

• @onerez said:
    I know I should read the manual but how the heck you load presets?? Do I have to go to stand-alone first? Where is the user folder?

in advanced settings there's icloud sync option, then you can see the DC user folders in icloud drive, in the Files app

• @Carnbot said:

@onerez said:

in advanced settings there's icloud sync option, then you can see the DC user folders in icloud drive, in the Files app

thank you!!!!!

• edited November 2020

@onerez said:

@RajahP said:

@reasOne said:

I guess you can download the file (preset) to anywhere in the files app... and load it from the ‘user’ folder in DC.

Edit... Looks like you can load from the AU too..

• Nice. I have this for desktop. The sequencer is kind of weak, but it's got a good number of ways to generate sounds.

• edited November 2020

iOS 14.2 is out officially now. I wonder when the app will get updated.

• edited November 2020

Some bad crashes under 14.2. I get crashes whenever I select the Note pad/square buttons on the bottom of the Kits.

I’m sure they’ll update soon. They are good that way.

• @echoopera said:
    Some bad crashes under 14.2. I get crashes whenever I select the Note pad/square buttons on the bottom of the Kits.

Public release or beta?

• edited November 2020

Public release of 14.2...so hold off if you want to enjoy DC.

• @echoopera said:
    Public release of 14.2...so hold off if you want to enjoy DC.

Cheers. Yep I’m in a holding pattern.

• it really is Lovely :]]

i'm always happy when my fingers can move around, and play with sound :]]

i Love the 'remix' strip = instant ear candy for me :]] (((and the undo / redo buttons!)))

DC has been bleepin'boppin'n'stompin' away ,, inviting other sounds,, other flavours to the stew

(as has been said) it's fun to layer up drum machines, get them singing together, DC is like a choir almost unto itself

• @tahiche said:

@tahiche said:
    Downloaded, looks amazing.

@tahiche said:

Excuse me for repeating the same question, but still no answer...
    No Rec mode?. You can’t record anything live?.

I tried the desktop demo when it came out and as far as I can remember you can’t, you can only insert steps in to the step sequencer and playing notes on a midi controller only triggered loops not one shots when I tried to use Logic to sequence parts instead of Drum Computers sequencer,unless I didn’t look deep enough and figure out how to play one shots. I do remember I didn’t use the demo for more than a day or 2 before I deleted it.