Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drum computer is out!!!!

Comments

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Full IAP is $26.99

Is this intro price?

• I just love this app so much so far...it pairs so nicely with everything. Here's a little DC and DigiTone to kick off a glorious God Fueled Blessed DAY!!!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • So far this is pretty cool. I just tried hooking it up to my Digitakt, as well as Patterning 2, and the MIDI note routing is all weird. DC says that the default kick drum note is C0, but on both the DT and P2, it's actually C1. This difference applies to all of the channels - they're all an octave off. I find this happens a lot, actually, with gear. It's so annoying.

• @auxmux said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    Full IAP is $26.99

Is this intro price?

I suspect it's full price. I've never known SB to launch an app with an intro price. It will be on sale at some future point but not for a long while.

• @tk32 said:
    Finally found a fix for standalone mode on iOS 14.2

You have to disable Network session 1 output in the advanced settings:

I still can’t get past the splash screen... instant crash on 14.2, 3rd gen 12.9 iPad Pro. How did you manage to get to the settings???

• edited November 2020

@sch said:

@tk32 said:

I still can’t get past the splash screen... instant crash on 14.2, 3rd gen 12.9 iPad Pro. How did you manage to get to the settings???

You have to keep launching it repeatedly after it crashes until (eventually) the UI loads. It took me 3 or 4 tries.

Once the UI loads, go straight into Settings > Advanced > Midi and disable the destination section.

• @sch said:

@tk32 said:

Try a reboot.. if you haven’t...

• Thanks, @RajahP, first thing I did try.

@tk32, That did it, mate! Cheers!

• I've downloaded but not purchased at the moment. So this is just synth drums right? Looks that way from the available presets but wanted to check

• What, exactly, does the IAP provide? I’ve just started to have a play with the free download and it’s hard to see what’s not there beside the AUV3 component.

• @craftycurate said:

@auxmux said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    Full IAP is $26.99

Is this intro price?

I suspect it's full price. I've never known SB to launch an app with an intro price. It will be on sale at some future point but not for a long while.

It might not. I don't think looperator has ever had a sale.

• @sch said:
    What, exactly, does the IAP provide? I’ve just started to have a play with the free download and it’s hard to see what’s not there beside the AUV3 component.

Saving, exporting, MIDI stuff, and more. If you click SAVE in the preset menu, it'll come up with a purchase prompt and tell you what's missing.

• @Carnbot said:

@Paydaylukie said:
    Is there an initialize patch that I’m missing?? I know I obviously can create my own. But surprised there isn’t just a vanilla preset. Blank seq etc.

There's a basic SB init patch in the Sugar bytes preset folder

Ahhh snap I dunno how I missed this. Thanks!

• @sch said:

@tk32 said:

If its a problem with Network Session, maybe going to Airplane mode will let it launch. Just a hunch.

• @slicetwo said:
    So far this is pretty cool. I just tried hooking it up to my Digitakt, as well as Patterning 2, and the MIDI note routing is all weird. DC says that the default kick drum note is C0, but on both the DT and P2, it's actually C1. This difference applies to all of the channels - they're all an octave off. I find this happens a lot, actually, with gear. It's so annoying.

That's just a thing with midi. There's no standard for octave naming. Just gotta get used to it.

• I’m broke at the moment but I think I have to have this....? Pay day ain’t that far away... Just playing with the free unlocked version... this thing is wild. I love a good randomizer and this has randomizers on many things. Plus it’s Auv3 with multiout, sample/wavetable import, on top of it all, wow.

• @Lil_Stu07 said:

@craftycurate said:

@auxmux said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    Full IAP is $26.99

Is this intro price?

Has SB had a sale since Looperator was released? I can't remember as it's been quite a while since an SB sale. Correct me if I;m wrong though. Even if there has been, the newest SB app is sometimes not included in the sale, or if it is, the reduction is smaller for the most recent release.

• Just To confirm, is everything (sequencer, sample import, etc...) available when using as an auv3. Is there any differences or limitations when using Drum Computer as an auv3 compared to using it in standalone?

• @FPC said:
    Can anyone confirm that midi out works properly? By that mean will it's sequencer send it's data to a DAW track.
    All I want to do is create a pattern on Drum Computer and for that to write to a Cubasis 3 track.
    Could never get Beathawk to do this :s

just tested...with Garageband...drum computer sent its output beautifully into the track. Haven't tested in Cubasis yet, but I imagine it would work there as well.

• I like the look of DrumComputer's functionality and its intelligent randomisation. For me the clincher will be whether I can coax it to create the kind of sound I'm after. SB apps are amongst my favourites but often need some coaxing to get the best out of them as the factory patches can be on the wacky side. So the preset bank will be key as a starting point.

• Is the game officialy changed?

• Monstrously Good! Thanks Sugar Bytes.. 👍 👏 🙏

• @WillieNegus said:
    There won’t be any sales on Drum computer for a very long time...if ever. I’ve had it over a year on desktop and it’s never been on sale. For good reason.

DC works amazing with mk3 @AudioGus Just set up iPad as idam midi/audio to control Ni instruments and pad groups. you can do some nutty nutty shit. I have the Desktop AU but me thinks I like working with the iOS version even better.

I just love those pads so much right now!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @realdawei said:

@FPC said:
    Can anyone confirm that midi out works properly? By that mean will it's sequencer send it's data to a DAW track.
    All I want to do is create a pattern on Drum Computer and for that to write to a Cubasis 3 track.
    Could never get Beathawk to do this :s

just tested...with Garageband...drum computer sent its output beautifully into the track. Haven't tested in Cubasis yet, but I imagine it would work there as well.

Awesome thank you. No wierd anomalies?

• having so much fun with this all-star app. It’s almost like having my Elektron Machinedrum in app form! Drambo, DC and factory are a match made in synth heaven!

Hope it gets multi-out in the future ...That would be icing on an already delicious cake.

• Haven't wrapped my head around midi mappings and stuff yet. Is there a way to turn off effects mods on the remix/autofill section? I'm pretty old-fashioned so I just want some insta-fills without whooshes, pitch changes, and effects sends going haywire.

• edited November 2020

Also, FANTASTIC sequencer and smart chaining patterns ability that is intuitive and extremely quick. Peace out Patterning; if only you'd gone AU when you had the chance...and hadn't been such a pain to program a timeline in.

• @craftycurate said:

@Lil_Stu07 said:

@craftycurate said:

@auxmux said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    Full IAP is $26.99

Is this intro price?

Has SB had a sale since Looperator was released? I can't remember as it's been quite a while since an SB sale. Correct me if I;m wrong though. Even if there has been, the newest SB app is sometimes not included in the sale, or if it is, the reduction is smaller for the most recent release.

Looks like there hasn't been a sale since it's been out. I imagine if it did go on sale it wouldn't be until next year at the earliest. But who knows what black Friday will bring.