Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drum computer is out!!!!

Comments

• This release is v1.2 from the desktop which was a big update as it added sample import and there's no reason to think there won't be more features added one day, they are open to suggestions for potential future updates. Personally I don't miss record since you can use it with a sequencer that records if you want, it's just not that kind of sequencer. :)

• @oat_phipps said:
    Holy crap, you can just straight import samples and sequence them? Or is it only referring to importing wavs for wavetables? Like, can I import my beloved Linn Drum samples and then use the great sequencer? (I know, I know, I'll watch the vids but a quick yes answer to this and I will smash buy).

You can! Into the third synth called Sampler

• edited November 2020

I do not know how I did it, but DrumComputer is so good, that works even when it is not turned on :)

• edited November 2020

The end to al drummers.... wooohhhaaaa this is amazing. Also pitch? Genius!

But where is iOS 14.2? Is it still the beta? then its not the biggest of all surprises if there could be a problem. As far aik the 14.1 is the latest official release.

• @Gavinski said:

@oat_phipps said:
    Holy crap, you can just straight import samples and sequence them? Or is it only referring to importing wavs for wavetables? Like, can I import my beloved Linn Drum samples and then use the great sequencer? (I know, I know, I'll watch the vids but a quick yes answer to this and I will smash buy).

You owe me $27, thanks.

• edited November 2020

Loving it! I’ve been messing with making aum templates for drums, different sequencers playing instances of Ruismakers, DigiStix, DM2, Drumsynth, Fractal, Skiid) to layer sounds. Bit messy but it worked. Found LK to be the main sequencer for everything (recording midi from Rozeta, Fugue, Spa etc) and now this will probably replace most as for drum sounds.

Question:

I really like the sequencer, with the generate buttons for sequence, modulation, rolls, probability etc, only 1 thing I can’t find in the AUM automation is changing patterns? I’d like to have LK change drum machine’s patterns launching different clips in LK!
    Anyone knows how?

• @Frank303 said:
    Loving it! I’ve been messing with making aum templates for drums, different sequencers playing instances of Ruismakers, DigiStix, DM2, Drumsynth, Fractal, Skiid) to layer sounds. Bit messy but it worked. Found LK to be the main sequencer for everything (recording midi from Rozeta, Fugue, Spa etc) and now this will probably replace most as for drum sounds.

Question:

I really like the sequencer, with the generate buttons for sequence, modulation, rolls, probability etc, only 1 thing I can’t find in the AUM automation is changing patterns? I’d like to have LK change drum machine’s patterns launching different clips in LK!
    Anyone knows how?

You can change patterns with the midi keyboard, drop the multi coloured arrow down to reveal the mapping zones and options

• @david_2017 yes, it’s a beta that clears up some auv3 issues.

• It couldn’t be helped.. Insta-buy. :) Gonna be spending all day slacking and getting acquainted with my new friend.

• edited November 2020

@Carnbot said:
    You can change patterns with the midi keyboard, drop the multi coloured arrow down to reveal the mapping zones and options

Goodness you’re right! Now having a clip in LK, playing any notes -2c to -1d Changes the pattern! Routed simply LK into Drummachine. No need for AUM automation, or even automation in LK, simply play a note!

Thanks a bunch! Seen the piano below and noticed you can launch clips, play notes and mute tracks but hadn’t thought about that I can simply play the corresponding note from anything to trigger the patterns. Will work great with any of the sequencers, and keyboards like the Kb1 and Xequence aum pad/keyboard and Lemur!

• Well, I am crushed. iOS 13 and up and my iPads are stuck on 12 forever

• @Gavinski said:

@oat_phipps said:

Hm, I've watched your vid, read the manual, and I get no luck trying to use the Sampler. Other two sources are muted, Pitch mod is off, start knob is at the beginning, but every sample I load just gives me a basic synth hit, including the factory samples. Am I missing something obvious here? Anyone else?

• @rezidue said:

@tk32 said:
    Finally found a fix for standalone mode on iOS 14.2

You have to disable Network session 1 output in the advanced settings:

Looks like a feedback loop to me.

(Hey SugarBytes! Perhaps you need to get me on your next beta?)

I was getting ready to tell you that I don’t have this problem in 14.2 but then it started happening to the point that I can’t launch the app now. Was fun while it lasted 🤣.

@tk32 this fixed it for me. Although I had an AUM destination that I also had to disable before it started working.

• edited November 2020

@oat_phipps said:

@Gavinski said:

@oat_phipps said:

Hm, I've watched your vid, read the manual, and I get no luck trying to use the Sampler. Other two sources are muted, Pitch mod is off, start knob is at the beginning, but every sample I load just gives me a basic synth hit, including the factory samples. Am I missing something obvious here? Anyone else?

make sure you engage the sampler to "on" above the sampler, the little coloured speaker icon, it's easy to miss this

• edited November 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • How comprehensive is the MIDI Learn?

Can most things be controlled?

Would be interested if there's a list or PDF of these available.

• Full IAP is $26.99

• @ehehehe said:
    Skeptical from their demos. How does one turn randomization between hits down? Seems good for more obscure sounds, far between the sweet-spots compared to Ruismaker for regular digital drum sounds, but maybe a good pairing. How’s the cpu draw? And it absolutely needs ADSR unless it’s something I’ve overlooked.

I think the random feature here is absolutely brilliant. You choose if hat, snare, kick and the random makes a fantastic job in creating them... even some synth sounds can be randomized and then sequence it with pitch. Makes the whole thing a sort of groovebox — I am blown away by this thing

• edited November 2020

@Carnbot said:

@oat_phipps said:

@Gavinski said:

@oat_phipps said:

make sure you engage the sampler to "on" above the sampler, the little coloured speaker icon, it's easy to miss this

You also may need to mute the wavetable/analog panel and play with levels in the resonator. Also, there's a couple of dials which set the start and loop point for the sample - make sure the part of the sample that plays actually contains a waveform by adjusting these (the waveform is displayed at the top of the sample panel).

• edited November 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited November 2020

@enkaytee said:

@Carnbot said:

@oat_phipps said:

@Gavinski said:

@oat_phipps said:

You also may need to mute the wavetable/analog panel and play with levels in the resonator. Also, there's a couple of dials which set the start and loop point for the sample - make sure the part of the sample that plays actually contains a waveform by adjusting these (the waveform is displayed at the top of the sample panel).

Thanks, finally figured it out. Gotta have the loop knob all the way to the right at 100%

• @ehehehe said:
    How do I midi-map the pads themselves? Seems everything else can be.

Did you watch @Gavinski 's demo video? He covers the keyboard mapping.

• edited November 2020

Is there an initialize patch that I’m missing?? I know I obviously can create my own. But surprised there isn’t just a vanilla preset. Blank seq etc.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ehehehe said:

@celtic_elk said:

@ehehehe said:

It’s 45 minutes long, could you please provide a time stamp? I like to figure out most stuff by myself.

Oh I see, you'll figure it out for yourself, but only if someone makes it easy for you on an Internet forum? :|

• @Paydaylukie said:
    Is there an initialize patch that I’m missing?? I know I obviously can create my own. But surprised there isn’t just a vanilla preset. Blank seq etc.

There's a basic SB init patch in the Sugar bytes preset folder

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited November 2020

This App is straight up GOLD! WOW...

• @ehehehe said:

@celtic_elk said:

@ehehehe said:

It’s 45 minutes long, could you please provide a time stamp? I like to figure out most stuff by myself.

There's a chapter list in the description, with the last section marked as "Mapping & Mastering Overview" starting at 36:55.

• edited November 2020

Maybe it’s me, but can midi out do pitch?

Edit.. seq.... Probability, etc?