Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drum computer is out!!!!

Comments

• Tk32: that sucks man, I am not on iOS 14 yet but its running ace in 13. They are fast at fixing so don't fret.
    Also : this thing is a beast for sure and you can finger drum and record and all the universe is yours (maybe iap?)

• @Jocphone said:
    Confused. Where is the play button in standalone?

Just to the left of the Preset picker

• @Carnbot said:
    Both midi learn and AU parameters have been working well for me so far.

@Carnbot I cant for the life of me get this to work.... I am being an idiot. Long press, press midi icon to left, select none and enter cc number which I can do fine. Go to Rozeta LFO and assign midi Chanel and cc and nothing......

• @onerez said:

@Carnbot said:

@Carnbot I cant for the life of me get this to work.... I am being an idiot. Long press, press midi icon to left, select none and enter cc number which I can do fine. Go to Rozeta LFO and assign midi Chanel and cc and nothing......

if in AUM don't forget to route rozeta to Drumcomputer in the midi matrix or via the channel settings

• @onerez said:

@Carnbot said:

Yeah, u can route hardware etc using midi learn, but u can't route midi apps that way! Just use the normal ways of routing the parameters.

• @Carnbot said:

@onerez said:

@Carnbot said:

if in AUM don't forget to route rozeta to Drumcomputer in the midi matrix or via the channel settings

Nothing to see here.... you can move along... these are not the droids you are looking for.

GOD I need more coffee

Thanks I mapped everything but that and I swear I did. 😂

• @Gavinski said:

@onerez said:

@Carnbot said:

Yeah, u can route hardware etc using midi learn, but u can't route midi apps that way! Just use the normal ways of routing the parameters.

I did get that to work Gavin.... FYI. with out having to scroll forever to find the parameters.

• @tk32 said:
    Finally found a fix for standalone mode on iOS 14.2

You have to disable Network session 1 output in the advanced settings:

Looks like a feedback loop to me.

(Hey SugarBytes! Perhaps you need to get me on your next beta?)

I was getting ready to tell you that I don’t have this problem in 14.2 but then it started happening to the point that I can’t launch the app now. Was fun while it lasted 🤣.

• edited November 2020

Yeah midi learn can be a good way of doing it, I like that there's both options :)
    Although AU parameters gives you more control, eg in AUM you can set range

• @tk32 said:

@mlau said:
    14.2 is not out yet @tk32

Standalone not working, and I can’t test AUv3 unless I buy it (which I won’t do until the bugs are fixed)

working on 14.1

• @Gavinski said:

@drcongo said:
    Has anyone worked out how to clear the sequencer pattern? I removed all the events and it still plays as though they’re there.

Haven't u watched my vid? 😂 It's all in there. In the global section on the right of the sequence page press the big X. If u only want to clear a track, press the X in the track section.

About to watch the video now! Thanks, though even with doing that I'm still getting it playing sounds in an empty sequence.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @drcongo said:

@Gavinski said:

@drcongo said:
    Has anyone worked out how to clear the sequencer pattern? I removed all the events and it still plays as though they’re there.

Haven't u watched my vid? 😂 It's all in there. In the global section on the right of the sequence page press the big X. If u only want to clear a track, press the X in the track section.

About to watch the video now! Thanks, though even with doing that I'm still getting it playing sounds in an empty sequence.

That must mean u cleared a track, u didn't clear it globally I guess

@onerez said:

@Gavinski said:

@onerez said:

@Carnbot said:

I did get that to work Gavin.... FYI. with out having to scroll forever to find the parameters.

Ah, nice! Didn't know u could do that! What's the trick?

• Im running the free version on 14.1 and no issues so far though just jamming and moving through presets

• @vrtx_void said:
    unfortunately weird scaling in AUM on iPad Pro 11‘‘

You might check your Text Size setting (in Display and Brightness). That can affect GUI scaling. If changing it helps, you should alert the dev.

• @Gavinski said:

@drcongo said:

@Gavinski said:

@drcongo said:

That must mean u cleared a track, u didn't clear it globally I guess

@onerez said:

@Gavinski said:

@onerez said:

@Carnbot said:

Ah, nice! Didn't know u could do that! What's the trick?

I hope we are talking about the same thing.... just long press anything that has midi learn. I will pop up a window and you click the midi icon on the left and click the none below to assign a cc number. Then use that for what ever app you are using... so I have Rozeta LFO going to town on a few.

• I hope SB fixed the low end issue that was a problem in the VST, mainly that it was so hard to dial in the low end in kicks. I remember losing interest in the VST demo after a day with it because of the lack of low end.

• Excuse me for repeating the same question, but still no answer...
    No Rec mode?. You can’t record anything live?.

• edited November 2020

@drcongo said:

@Gavinski said:

@drcongo said:

You’re probably still running a chained pattern. Tap the rainbow colored button with the down arrow on the right hand side of your screen. Then tap the “Chain” button (on the far left side) to turn off pattern chain. Now it should stay on your empty pattern (1)

• Is it possible to trigger each of the 8 tracks on individual midi channels (midi in)? Might want to use it in conjunction with the DT’s sequencer then. Also, how good do you think is the synth engine for non-percussive stuff?

• @d4d0ug said:

@d4d0ug said:

@tahiche said:
    Excuse me for repeating the same question, but still no answer...

I’m wondering the exact same thing..

As far as I can tell (manual etc) I think the answer is no. Not 100% certain.

You can’t. There is a lot of live playability in it though.

• @d4d0ug said:

@d4d0ug said:

@tahiche said:
    Excuse me for repeating the same question, but still no answer...

I’m wondering the exact same thing..

As far as I can tell (manual etc) I think the answer is no. Not 100% certain.

Are you as surprised by this omission as I am?. To me it’s such a basic, universal feature. Very off putting.

• Really? You can't record the pads to the sequencer? Kidding me, c'mon..

• edited November 2020

@ipadthai said:
    I hope SB fixed the low end issue that was a problem in the VST, mainly that it was so hard to dial in the low end in kicks. I remember losing interest in the VST demo after a day with it because of the lack of low end.

Could be they eventually added the sample feature in part so people could just drop in their own kicks to compensate. Overall I just don’t vibe with the sound potential very much. I get some neat percussive things at times and the sequencer is fun enough but it just doesn’t grab me. I could just sample some random perc kits every now and then from it but I don’t feel compelled to noodle/save projects.

Actually, now that I think about it if BM3 supported multi out AU then I would probably grow to really want it.

• @tk32 exact same iPad and also on the same iOS beta. Ran it standalone first, got a groove going, swiped away and swiped back and it crashed. Now, it crashes on startup. Sugar bytes are usually very quick to reply and squash bugs so hopefully this gets sorted quick! Have used this one a lot on desktop, touch ability is bonkers.

• edited November 2020

Dang! Just when they thought they had made the perfect drum machine 😬

@SpartanClownTide said:
    Really? You can't record the pads to the sequencer? Kidding me, c'mon..

• Holy crap, you can just straight import samples and sequence them? Or is it only referring to importing wavs for wavetables? Like, can I import my beloved Linn Drum samples and then use the great sequencer? (I know, I know, I'll watch the vids but a quick yes answer to this and I will smash buy).