Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Bram Bos / Hainbach collab?

Comments

• Gotta step in here for a minute. I'm not going to spoil anything about the app (so keep guessing) and obviously musical tastes are subjective. But can we keep it civil and respectful please? There's enough bickering and general shittiness going on in the world as is. Nobody needs more of it.

I will tell you this. Even when you say you're not a fan of Hainbach's music I definitely urge you to check out his extensive backlog of Youtube videos where he shows and generously explains his techniques and process. If you love audio and music technology (and a lot of us here do) there's a richness of inspiration in there that offers something for virtually anyone.

For me as an app designer in particular, working with Hainbach is a joy. I very much enjoy his unconventional approach to sound design and his refreshing views on what constitutes (and how to use) a musical instrument.

And he's a really awesome dude to boot.

• Just 4 fun cmon lighten up mofos

• https://www.audiothing.net/effects/wires/

This thing sounds lovely. I have a soft spot for tape delay type things. I’m also slightly obsessed with number station recordings too. I have a Slate kit in NS2 that I’ve filled with number station samples. I use background static quite a bit.

So yeah. Looks just the ticket. Once I’m in a music making groove again (which I’m finding hard at the moment for a variety of reasons) I intend to get Wires for the Mac.

• Thanks! –Although given how much money I spend on apps I am a bit scared of learning to much about modular synthesis, my wallet can only take so much.

It’s a pity he’s been driven away. I’m going to buy something from his Bandcamp right now (it’s Bandcamp Friday for the next few hours)

@gkillmaster said:

@nickneek said:
    Never listened to Hainbach before just now. I just knew the name from Fundamental and didn’t realise he was a musician. I love ambient stuff, and from the first ten minutes of poking around on Spotify –I’m enjoying it. Do any people who do like him have any recommendations?

I don't know all his music that well, but I've heard a couple interviews with him on Podular Modcast podcast and I really like him and love how he thinks and works. I really recommend those podcasts and there are other modular podasts that have interviews with him. I love how deeply he gets into his instruments, like the sound test equipment and those Ciat Lonbard instruments. There are some performances on youtube and I really love the ones I've watched there! He is unpretentious and is genuinely going deep into experimental territories a la Brian Eno. All I can say is I really appreciate him and dig him and think he has already added a lot of quality and community to the kind of music I like making. He along with Omri Cohen (VCV Rack guy who posts tons of clear instructional patching videos) have given a lot to the music circle communities I'm in.

• edited November 2020

Nah it’s good we call it progress unveil of the mud thats clouds our eyes, the painful truth hick burp

• @DukeWonder said:

@noob said:
    Not angry. Just wake up kinda thing..uknow.. wake up. Too many emperors without clothes. That all.

Turn off Fox News, take a Xanax, change your tampon, and lay off the whiskey.

Lay off the whisky

How dare you !!!

• edited November 2020

@brambos said:
    Gotta step in here for a minute. I'm not going to spoil anything about the app (so keep guessing) and obviously musical tastes are subjective. But can we keep it civil and respectful please? There's enough bickering and general shittiness going on in the world as is. Nobody needs more of it.

I will tell you this. Even when you say you're not a fan of Hainbach's music I definitely urge you to check out his extensive backlog of Youtube videos where he shows and generously explains his techniques and process. If you love audio and music technology (and a lot of us here do) there's a richness of inspiration in there that offers something for virtually anyone.

For me as an app designer in particular, working with Hainbach is a joy. I very much enjoy his unconventional approach to sound design and his refreshing views on what constitutes (and how to use) a musical instrument.

Hrmmm...I am expecting that some interesting things will be afoot in 2021 betwixt you two :) Can't wait! It's really cool that you get to work with him. I really enjoy the sonic sculptures he creates and helps me to understand a lot more when it comes to sound design. Looking forward to the new kit! Good luck in the home stretch.

• Yeah wierd direction. I'm all for positive criticism, especially when it's invited, but if someone genuinely doesn't get something or just finds it annoying for some reason, well that's on them. Personally I don't get the love for D'Angelo (for example) but I respect the fact that a lot of people do, my loss, too bad.

@Hainbach if you check back in on this thread know a lot of people are interested in what you have to say and appreciate your contribution.

Personally I think appropriating old equipment in the way Hainbach does is fascinating and the resulting work is engaging and original.

• Both @Hainbach and @brambos are awesome! Their takes on things are unique and always fun. Looking forward to this collab!

• I think he is a really nice guy. I like his stuff. It’s different and most of the videos are inspiring and provoking making music ;) got some of his bandcamp recordings for on the go too

It’s really cool to have him here on the forums and I hope we do not repell him (is this a word? Vergraulen :-)). It’s good to have someone like him or Andrew Tasselmyer dipping his feet into iOS music and mobile Musik making.

To wires: wow this thing sounds absolutely lovely. @Hainbach please make a port with these audio thing guys for iOS / PadOS 👊🏼

• @david_2017 said:
    I think he is a really nice guy. I like his stuff. It’s different and most of the videos are inspiring and provoking making music ;) got some of his bandcamp recordings for on the go too

It’s really cool to have him here on the forums and I hope we do not repell him (is this a word? Vergraulen :-)). It’s good to have someone like him or Andrew Tasselmyer dipping his feet into iOS music and mobile Musik making.

To wires: wow this thing sounds absolutely lovely. @Hainbach please make a port with these audio thing guys for iOS / PadOS 👊🏼

• 1 !!!! for the positive perspective
    • 1 !!! for Hainbach staying ,,,
    • 1 !! for the port of this lovely new App to IOS
  • What is it with people that feel like if THEY don’t like someone’s music they are compelled both to say so (unsolicited) AND do so with dismissive language. Choosing to be dismissive isn’t just expressing an opinion it is being judgmental in a way that most of the “just expressing my opinion folks” wouldn’t tolerate if directed at them.

If you don’t like what someone does or hate a genre...maybe just choose not to say something.

Or express yourself in a way that doesn’t imply that what you don’t like is bad. I dare say most of the haters I’ve come across get bent out of shape when they are on the receiving end of someone else’s negative opinion.

• @Hainbach said:
    Being something a public figure will draw hate, no matter what I do. I made a whole project about this once:

As I said all I have to say on that topic in that project, I don't need to engage anymore with stuff like this, so I will take my leave from this forum.

Enjoy the plugin, its a labor of love for Bram and me and something I personally truly love playing. It will be out very soon, so not too much wait anymore.

Cheers,
    Hainbach

Don’t let a few drunk-dials or trolls get to you.

• You’re an awesome dude @Hainbach . I love how you use super expensive custom art synth stuff, plus cassette recorders, plus old pianos plus test equipment plus also computers and you’re not afraid of slumming it with us iOS people. All the stuff that makes cool noises. Not elitist nor anti-elitist about gear.
    And even the prime hater on this thread feels like a dick now I think and has maybe learned a thing or 2.
    We appreciate you’re your coolness!

• As a slightly drunk full time lurker I have to chime in an say I love you all ❤️ And I mean all of you. Great forum!
    @Hainbach don‘t leave 😢

• Sometimes this place can be like the parade on Namboo or at other times the Mos Eisley cantina. really @Hainbach its the internet and there will be folks that say things that are not right, dont come across the way they are intended or they are just Jerks..... be strong and ignore it. Both you and @brambos are great!!!!!!!

• @nickneek said:
    Never listened to Hainbach before just now. I just knew the name from Fundamental and didn’t realise he was a musician. I love ambient stuff, and from the first ten minutes of poking around on Spotify –I’m enjoying it. Do any people who do like him have any recommendations?

Definitely Songs for Coco is my fave of the stuff I've listened to so far.

• @SimonSomeone said:
    @noob How unfortunate that he makes you so angry, I hope your life can improves to the point where the existence of Heinbach and people who enjoy what he does doesn't upset you so much. Even intensely disliking someone's music is not a great reason for being personally insulting about them on a public forum. Maybe the hint is in your user name?> @brambos said:
    Gotta step in here for a minute. I'm not going to spoil anything about the app (so keep guessing) and obviously musical tastes are subjective. But can we keep it civil and respectful please? There's enough bickering and general shittiness going on in the world as is. Nobody needs more of it.

+100

@Hainbach so sorry you had this bad experience here, it's normally a mostly very friendly place. Keep up the great work whatever you decide to do.

• Hainbach and Bram are stone cold legends. Looking forward to the app.

Since I decided to avoid random arguments on the Internet my life is generally better, just throwing that out there. Better uses of valuable time IMO.

• sadly trolls gonna troll...

Another reminder not to engage those who only aim to sow discord and push people's buttons. I know it's hard not to respond to them, but I've noticed that trolls tend to disappear when we don't feed them.

• @gkillmaster said:

@nickneek said:

I don't know all his music that well, but I've heard a couple interviews with him on Podular Modcast podcast and I really like him and love how he thinks and works. I really recommend those podcasts and there are other modular podasts that have interviews with him. I love how deeply he gets into his instruments, like the sound test equipment and those Ciat Lonbard instruments. There are some performances on youtube and I really love the ones I've watched there! He is unpretentious and is genuinely going deep into experimental territories a la Brian Eno. All I can say is I really appreciate him and dig him and think he has already added a lot of quality and community to the kind of music I like making. He along with Omri Cohen (VCV Rack guy who posts tons of clear instructional patching videos) have given a lot to the music circle communities I'm in.

Not only that, he's going to bring a lot of desktop music people to iOS if he keeps doing iOS collabs.

People really need to get their shit together in terms of not needlessly being offensive towards people, whether those people are forum members or not. This is a public forum and words can hurt.

• I like to get high and listen to Hainbach

• edited November 2020

@Hainbach I think you will get a minority of critical, offensive, or just plain weird comments on any social platform you share your creations and engage with. Please don’t take it to heart. Most of us are really pleased that you are here to chat about your creations and that you have chosen to collaborate with @brambos who is an absolute star.

You are welcome back any time. Jump on the iOS Discord servers as well if that’s more your thing?

• edited November 2020

The Golden rule of “just don’t be a dick” has been tarnished to hell in 2020

I <3 and respect @Hainbach. He’s like a Japanese craftsman, who puts their all into what they do no matter the task, and follower of wabi-sabi* but he is German.

He makes the loveliest noise, sounds, and melodies to find yourself in. It’s not so much follow a melody, a beat, or a clever lyric. It’s more a find what the sound makes you feel, remember, or imagine. My cup of coffee! It pairs well with, and contrasts to my love of metal and jazz. Just like whiskey.

Go and find his videos with DivKid on youtube where they drink and chat.

• edited November 2020

No one's really wrong in this thread. Any criticism is construed as HATE on the internet in 2020. I also respect the guy's viewpoint in leaving simply because he doesn't want to get involved with negativity. Cool, avoid it when you can. It's too easy to get caught up in internet 2020 arguments. That said, it's also too difficult to share an opinion on internet 2020 without getting jumped on.

• @oat_phipps said:
    No one's really wrong in this thread. Any criticism is construed as HATE on the internet in 2020. I also respect the guy's viewpoint in leaving simply because he doesn't want to get involved with negativity. Cool, avoid it when you can. It's too easy to get caught up in internet 2020 arguments. That said, it's also too difficult to share an opinion on internet 2020 without getting jumped on.

I call bs. The issue isn’t sharing opinions. One can say one doesn’t like something without being dismissive of it. One can say “It’s not my cup of tea” bit some folks feel the need to be mean or harsh and somehow take pride in being edgy when they are just being mean. Ironically, such people almost always complain when how they express themselves is criticized. They act as if they are being shut down when all people are saying is “express your opinion without being a jerk,”

• edited November 2020

There’s nothing wrong with expressing a strong opinion. No one crossed a line in this thread [EDIT: I WAS WRONG, THEY DID BUT THAT CONTENT WAS REMOVED BY THE TIME I READ THE THREAD]. The problem is people getting offended by it and chastising someone like they’ve done something morally wrong. And then there are several who act on behalf of another party as if they are shielding them from the horrifying evils of the internet, like an overprotective parent or something. Just as you can express an opinion without being a jerk, others can defend against that opinion without resorting to impeaching the opiner’s moral character. It’s like a “well, HE started it” excuse to act the same way.

This forum is really nice, almost an oasis, but sometimes it just feels good to say “I don’t get it, this sucks.” There’s no reason to hide it all the time.

I hear your call of BS, and upon official review, deny its applicability in this case.

• @espiegel123 said:

@oat_phipps said:

I call bs. The issue isn’t sharing opinions. One can say one doesn’t like something without being dismissive of it. One can say “It’s not my cup of tea” bit some folks feel the need to be mean or harsh and somehow take pride in being edgy when they are just being mean. Ironically, such people almost always complain when how they express themselves is criticized. They act as if they are being shut down when all people are saying is “express your opinion without being a jerk,”

+1 totally agree

• edited November 2020

@oat_phipps said:
    There’s nothing wrong with expressing a strong opinion. No one crossed a line in this thread.

Have the personal insults towards Hainbach been removed then, or did you not see them?

Edit: apparently they’ve been removed, but they definitely crossed a big fat red line.

• edited November 2020

@brambos said:

@oat_phipps said:
    There’s nothing wrong with expressing a strong opinion. No one crossed a line in this thread.

Have the personal insults towards Hainbach been removed then, or did you not see them?

I guess I didn’t see them, honestly. My mistake if they were made. If so, I apologize and will save the argument for a valid case.

Edit: it appears the actual hateful comments have been edited/removed, so perhaps you can understand why I went on my rant. All that’s left are a few anti- but respectful opinions. Seems it was just one guy kickin up a fuss.