Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Bram Bos / Hainbach collab?

Comments

• Managed to get a good screenshot. Layout looks pretty similar.

• Hainbach is legendary. Ahead of the curve on several levels and very human in how he shares.

His ‘Isolation Loops’ pack is greatness.

• edited November 2020

@Gavinski said:
    I think some of it is really really good. For example his album Songs for Coco. Obviously it's not going to be everyone's cup of tea. More importantly, he's an actual working musician with a ton of unusual equipment who takes time to share his knowledge on youtube in a very relaxing and enjoyable way. I think he's got a lot to offer.

Couldn’t agree more! I’m so grateful for his genuine enthusiasm and expertise and generosity.

• any more news on this one? it looks to be some sort of looper? if so, i’m really excited. especially it it is AU. if anybody knows more on a release date. let us know.

• @Fingolfinzzz said:

@klownshed said:
    Looks like that Hainbach chap is busy these days:

Holy shit I want that

This is out! Asked for a iOS port already ;)

• edited November 2020

skip to 18:01 - sounds like a multitap delay but maybe not...? Later this month....👍

• @oceansinspace said:
    Hainbach is basically just an ambient musician as far as I know. I kinda feel he is overrated but I mean no disrespect and for weird music he is ok. ITs a smidgeon boring to me but im not an expert on his music. Super tape analog and lo fi. ITs ok for mellow times.

OMG, you can't say that, how very dare you have an opinion!!!!
    It is Brambos, so reality is it is probably gonna be pretty cool, even if not immediately your thing, Hainbach, about as interesting to me as a dead fly, sadly I have opinions too :(

• edited November 2020

@Turntablist said:

...Hainbach, about as interesting to me as a dead fly, sadly I have opinions too :(

I think Hainbach is an interesting bloke. I like some of his videos and I like a lot of the sounds he makes. I think the way he makes his sounds is interesting, all that old test equipment? Very cool...

Ambient music? Not so much. I don’t really listen to ambient music as such. I find Alessandro Cortini to be a funny example of somebody that is very talented but makes music I don’t really engage with. He seems to release music that sounds a bit like some bloke playing around on a synth for the first time, or one of the tracks of a completed song soloed ;-)

However, SONOIO I like a lot.

Same bloke. Different music. Big talent. Leaves me cold with one project but the other fits my ears perfectly. :-)

• @david_2017 said:

@Fingolfinzzz said:

@klownshed said:
    Looks like that Hainbach chap is busy these days:

Holy shit I want that

This is out! Asked for a iOS port already ;)

Nice! I’ll grab it this weekend, just saw that it’s on sale right now too

• @noob How unfortunate that he makes you so angry, I hope your life can improves to the point where the existence of Heinbach and people who enjoy what he does doesn't upset you so much. Even intensely disliking someone's music is not a great reason for being personally insulting about them on a public forum. Maybe the hint is in your user name?

• edited November 2020

Not angry. Just wake up kinda thing..uknow.. wake up. Too many emperors without clothes. That all.

• Scathing comments for poor old Hainbach. I thinks he's fantastic and you're not clever enough to understand his talent.

• Just picked up WIRES. WOW! I really hope this makes it to iPadOS. It sounds amazing!

• @noob said:
    Not angry. Just wake up kinda thing..uknow.. wake up. Too many emperors without clothes. That all.

Turn off Fox News, take a Xanax, change your tampon, and lay off the whiskey.

• Never listened to Hainbach before just now. I just knew the name from Fundamental and didn’t realise he was a musician. I love ambient stuff, and from the first ten minutes of poking around on Spotify –I’m enjoying it. Do any people who do like him have any recommendations?

• @nickneek said:
    Never listened to Hainbach before just now. I just knew the name from Fundamental and didn’t realise he was a musician. I love ambient stuff, and from the first ten minutes of poking around on Spotify –I’m enjoying it. Do any people who do like him have any recommendations?

I don't know all his music that well, but I've heard a couple interviews with him on Podular Modcast podcast and I really like him and love how he thinks and works. I really recommend those podcasts and there are other modular podasts that have interviews with him. I love how deeply he gets into his instruments, like the sound test equipment and those Ciat Lonbard instruments. There are some performances on youtube and I really love the ones I've watched there! He is unpretentious and is genuinely going deep into experimental territories a la Brian Eno. All I can say is I really appreciate him and dig him and think he has already added a lot of quality and community to the kind of music I like making. He along with Omri Cohen (VCV Rack guy who posts tons of clear instructional patching videos) have given a lot to the music circle communities I'm in.

• Hainbach is great!! Wether or not you enjoy his music is one thing, but he is very active in the community and post tons of educational videos, as well as giving away sample packs of strange and rare instruments.

• wimwim
    edited November 2020

@gkillmaster said:
    All I can say is I really appreciate him and dig him and think he has already added a lot of quality and community to the kind of music I like making.

Dammit. So then I guess you're really not Billy Gibbons after all? All this time I was kinda thrilled thinking we had one of the ZZ Top guys on the AB forum. :/

[edit] - just in case this was misinterpreted ... it was a joke referring to @gkillmaster's profile picture, nothing to do with Hainbach.

• Can't recall the last time I saw such negativity on a thread here. It's not KVR FFS.

• @oceansinspace said:
    Hainbach is basically just an ambient musician as far as I know. I kinda feel he is overrated but I mean no disrespect and for weird music he is ok. ITs a smidgeon boring to me but im not an expert on his music. Super tape analog and lo fi. ITs ok for mellow times.

Totally get what you mean and I am also not really that much of a fan of his music, but he is definitely an authentic, positive and relaxed guy amongst all YT influencers out there. He also does not agressively promote big companies new products but rather co-develops stuff for a community of sound freaks that are more into the experimental and lo-fi side of sound design. And even if you don't like these apps either it is definitely a big push for other developers to create more experimental stuff

• Being something a public figure will draw hate, no matter what I do. I made a whole project about this once:

As I said all I have to say on that topic in that project, I don't need to engage anymore with stuff like this, so I will take my leave from this forum.

Enjoy the plugin, its a labor of love for Bram and me and something I personally truly love playing. It will be out very soon, so not too much wait anymore.

Cheers,
    Hainbach

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited November 2020

Nah I take it back fk me. Too much liquid (still right tho) btw 4eyes can sip on his fkin whiskey while we do the ground work in the tower of song

• edited November 2020

@Hainbach said:
    Being something a public figure will draw hate, no matter what I do. I made a whole project about this once:

As I said all I have to say on that topic in that project, I don't need to engage anymore with stuff like this, so I will take my leave from this forum.

Enjoy the plugin, its a labor of love for Bram and me and something I personally truly love playing. It will be out very soon, so not too much wait anymore.

Cheers,
    Hainbach

Haters will always gonna hate...Just want to add again how much most of us here appreciate your work 😭😭😭

• No don’t leave😭the majority of us sure love your works 👍

• Well, luckily we still have the ignore option.........

• edited November 2020

Haha yeh too much booze lately gotta back down.. was fun tho, now where’s that razor

• @Hainbach said:
    Being something a public figure will draw hate, no matter what I do. I made a whole project about this once:

Cheers,
    Hainbach

Well I appreciate you Hainback! Love your test equipment videos and your music. Don't let personal attacks from nob and his like put u off this normally friendly, positive forum.

• I'll add another, "Don't go, @Hainbach" post.

This is why we can't have nice things. Isn't there enough hate out there right now? Rather than adding to it, if you don't like something and don't have some sort of constructive criticism, just move on silently and don't pay attention to it.