Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM Midi trigger for bookmark?

Sorry for all the questions lately. I have looked in the manual and online and cant find anything

Is there a way to assign a midi CC to the bookmark so if i am on my launchpad I can set a pad to scroll back and forth?

Comments

• edited November 2020

No but nice feature request !!! @j_liljedahl

• Good idea!

Come to think of it, I'd probably devote a knob to horizontal scroll position were that possible.

• edited November 2020

I've asked for this previously too. Would be nice.

@syrupcore said:
    Good idea!

Come to think of it, I'd probably devote a knob to horizontal scroll position were that possible.

That would be even nicer!

• I found the implementation of the marker concept pretty frustrating. something much smaller that could stay unobtrusively open while you also interacted with the main screen is what I would have expected. But being able to midi control it would help.

• @SpookyZoo said:

@syrupcore said:
    Good idea!

Maybe there is a dedicated (or assignable) CC for bookmarks. The value that you send would automagically determine which bookmark to target? AUM would "slice" the values depending on how many bookmarks you have stored.

More interesting to me (and more long term/bigger feature) would be multiple saved states for a given project in place of bookmarks. That would/could include scroll position, open windows, AUv3 values, mixer values, etc.

• @syrupcore said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@syrupcore said:
    Good idea!

More interesting to me (and more long term/bigger feature) would be multiple saved states for a given project in place of bookmarks. That would/could include scroll position, open windows, AUv3 values, mixer values, etc.

Ooh, like AUM Snapshots?

• @SpookyZoo said:

@syrupcore said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@syrupcore said:
    Good idea!

Ooh, like AUM Snapshots?

yes, exactly that. 16 per project or something? If you could sequence those states... hello, song mode.

• now that's got me thinking. With a selectable morph time on each parameter for each scene! (is that too insane?)

• I could use all these dream features too. When was the last time AUM was updated?

If I can sneak in a feature request: a wider variety and more control of colors of the buses. The AUM colors are sophisticated and easy on the eyes. But there isn't a lot of contrast between adjacent buses and it's easy to get confused while doing three things at once during live performance.

• Soooo. Since I brought this up and might have missed this. Do we know if there is a plan to hide or fold channels??? Like would be nice if I had a multi out app and had 8 channels I could fold then down to save space and unfold when needed.

• Cool idea!
    I am currently doing something similar with assigning buttons to "show plugin" and then AUM also scroll there, but you (obviously) have plugins in foreground. You can make a simple Mozaic script that would send the same MIDI message after a short delay (AUM needs some time to display the plugin window) so it will immediately also hide it so you'll effectively just scroll to the place you want.
    Anyway, we need some better navigation in AUM, it's an awesome tool, but as we can effectively use many channels, including MIDI, effects, buses,... It's getting really messy with bigger projects.

• Great idea. Would b v useful +1

• Is there a good way to submit this as a feature request to the author? This would save SO much time in aggregate and help keep me in flow state.