Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Nembrini Audio NA 808 Overdrive Pro FREE app and plugin

Hi guys,
to thank everyone who is supporting us we have decided to release a new plugin / app completely free, which we hope you enjoy.

Tomorrow the desktop version will be released and, in the next few days, also the ios version of which I am attaching a screenshot.

I'm sure you won't have any trouble guessing what it is...

Cheers,
Andrea

Comments

• edited October 2020

That is super cool Andrea! Really looking forward to this one!

Will be cool to drive the Cali Dual some more with this screamer in front of it. Awesome man, you guys rock! 🤘

@And_Nembrini said:
    Hi guys,
    to thank everyone who is supporting us we have decided to release a new plugin / app completely free, which we hope you enjoy.

Tomorrow the desktop version will be released and, in the next few days, also the ios version of which I am attaching a screenshot.

Cheers,
    Andrea

• Thank you very much - I like overdrives a lot. Looking forward to trying it out 😀

• @And_Nembrini said:
    Hi guys,

Cheers,
    Andrea

Thank you! Your apps are tops! 😎👍🏼

• This is incredible news - can't wait!

• Cool! 👍

• @And_Nembrini said:
    Hi guys,

Cheers,
    Andrea

That’s amazing, you’re amazing, apps are amazing, just straight amazingness all over, lol. Thank you.

• @And_Nembrini said:
    Hi guys,

Cheers,
    Andrea

This is extremely gracious of you! Thank you very much.

• There is no guitar stuff for iOS better than the Nembrini stuff. This is super exciting!

• That's incredibly generous of you @And_Nembrini - can't wait to try it out!

• edited November 2020

I second that! Nembrini is making my weekend a wonderful one with these awesome new releases.This pedal is a wonderful companion also to the new Cali Dual. Most metal guys run a version of an 808 pedal i front of their Mesa’s to get that articulated and crushing metal tone. Man i am one happy camper right now.

Thanks Nembrini!

@Jamie_Mallender said:
    There is no guitar stuff for iOS better than the Nembrini stuff. This is super exciting!

• @And_Nembrini Thank you for the future gift. What is the difference between NA808 and ARScreamer?

• edited November 2020

@ecou said:

@And_Nembrini Thank you for the future gift. What is the difference between NA808 and ARScreamer?

There are 2 different well known Tube Screamer models - the TS808 (earlier version) and the TS9 (later model). They have slightly different tones due to slightly different chip sets or something (this is my standard, off-the-top-of-my-head, high level answer). I'm missing the details but you get the idea.

I assume that the ARScreamer is based off the TS9 and NA808 is based on the TS808.

You can check out my video on Tube Screamers here:

• I'd imagine you are correct, @Daveypoo.

Of course there have been tons of Ibanez Tube Screamer pedals released over the years that have used a number of different chips.

Here's some cool info on the chip in the 808:

https://www.electrosmash.com/jrc4558-analysis

And an exhaustive history of the Tube Screamer iterations:

https://www.pmtonline.co.uk/blog/2015/06/03/the-evolution-of-the-tube-screamer-and-how-do-they-all-compare/

• I loved this tidbit about the JRC4558 chip that is emulated in the Nembrini 808:

• @Daveypoo said:
    @ecou said:

@And_Nembrini Thank you for the future gift. What is the difference between NA808 and ARScreamer?

There are 2 different well known Tube Screamer models - the TS808 (earlier version) and the TS9 (later model). They have slightly different tones due to slightly different chip sets or something (this is my standard, off-the-top-of-my-head, high level answer). I'm missing the details but you get the idea.

I assume that the ARScreamer is based off the TS9 and NA808 is based on the TS808.

You are probably right but I did not wanna assume and make a ass of you and me 😜

• So happy this is out, thought it would be Monday. Is it me or is anyone else digging the wood background?

• This one beats the crap out most overdrive apps on iOS!
    (Perfect for super aggressive synth basses etc.).

• Agreed! That wood background is very nice. I really dig it too.

@Poppadocrock said:
    So happy this is out, thought it would be Monday. Is it me or is anyone else digging the wood background?

• sounds great - many thanks !

• Andrea, Grazie mille!!!!

Thanks so much!!

• @And_Nembrini I have just tried NA 808 in ZenBeats and do found it is only passing the left channel. This is not the case with The Boss which I’ve just switched to instead. Bug?

• edited November 2020

@MadGav said:
    @And_Nembrini I have just tried NA 808 in ZenBeats and do found it is only passing the left channel. This is not the case with The Boss which I’ve just switched to instead. Bug?

The NA808, like the new Cali Dual amp, features a new “audio settings” menu in the upper left corner of the app. The previous Nembrini releases didn’t feature this menu. Maybe tinkering in there with your mono/stereo solves this?

• @JoyceRoadStudios said:

@MadGav said:
    @And_Nembrini I have just tried NA 808 in ZenBeats and do found it is only passing the left channel. This is not the case with The Boss which I’ve just switched to instead. Bug?

The NA808, like the new Cali Dual amp, features a new “audio settings” menu in the upper left corner of the app. The previous Nembrini releases didn’t feature this menu. Maybe tinkering in there with your mono/stereo solves this?

This

• edited November 2020

@And_Nembrini said:

@JoyceRoadStudios said:

@MadGav said:

This

OK - so I’ve found this in standalone. This shows “Active output channels” although Speaker 2 is grayed. Audio Setting does not exist in AUv3. At best this is unintuitive and unexpected behaviour...

(Edit: as mentioned before in ZenBeats on a Drums track)

• edited November 2020

@MadGav said:

@And_Nembrini said:

@JoyceRoadStudios said:

@MadGav said:

This

OK - so I’ve found this in standalone. This shows “Active output channels” although Speaker 2 is grayed. Audio Setting does not exist in AUv3. At best this is unintuitive and unexpected behaviour...

“Speaker 2” is grayed out, until you click on it, then it’s not grayed out. Did you try it?

• @JoyceRoadStudios said:

@MadGav said:

@And_Nembrini said:

@JoyceRoadStudios said:

@MadGav said:

This

“Speaker 2” is grayed out, until you click on it, then it’s not grayed out. Did you try it?

I’ve just tried again - the tick box and text is tiny on my iPad Mini 2 which doesn’t help, but graying out is plain wrong in UI terms, it implies that the control is disabled.

Ticking speaker 2 has apparently made no difference, although I did reload the song from before so I’ll now try removing and re-adding the plug-in. The left side only thing is still the case with the plug-in disabled btw. I will also try in Cubasis 2.

• @MadGav said:

@JoyceRoadStudios said:

@MadGav said:

@And_Nembrini said:

@JoyceRoadStudios said:

@MadGav said:

This

I’ve just tried again - the tick box and text is tiny on my iPad Mini 2 which doesn’t help, but graying out is plain wrong in UI terms, it implies that the control is disabled.

Ticking speaker 2 has apparently made no difference, although I did reload the song from before so I’ll now try removing and re-adding the plug-in. The left side only thing is still the case with the plug-in disabled btw. I will also try in Cubasis 2.

Interesting. Does it sound different if you load it as AUv3 vs IAA?