Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Help with Mixing/Mastering??

Many of you on this forum seem incredibly knowledgeable. Wondering if anyone might help me out with the part of music making that continues to elude me: Mixing and mastering the track!!

Here's a track I'm currently working on. Challenges I'm facing in trying to get this puppy sounding more polished: I don't want to lose the dynamics, but I want it to all sound connected... I want FEEL the low-end, but don't want to squash everything else as a result... I want pristine clarity, but also want all the disparate pieces to sound of-a-whole. Uhhhg. I've watched so many youtube tutorials, read so many books... Been doing this for years, and I still feel like an utter novice when it comes to this stage of the process. Any help and/or advice would be so very appreciated!! Thanks in advance, AUDIOBUS peeps!!

Here's the track in question:

Comments

• Panning! Careful, everything is pushed really wide and there's not a lot holding down the center of the image.
    • That bassline is a couple dB too loud IMO, drowning out some of the stronger melody elements.
    • The kick is all but lost when the mix gets busier.

Overall I didn't think it was a bad or master at all, it's pretty clean sounding and you have a decent sense of space in the mix. I think the biggest issue is just that bass synth stepping on some of the other instruments.

• @Tarekith said:

• Panning! Careful, everything is pushed really wide and there's not a lot holding down the center of the image.
    • That bassline is a couple dB too loud IMO, drowning out some of the stronger melody elements.
    • The kick is all but lost when the mix gets busier.

Overall I didn't think it was a bad or master at all, it's pretty clean sounding and you have a decent sense of space in the mix. I think the biggest issue is just that bass synth stepping on some of the other instruments.

I would listen to him

• @tadat .... I do like the track!!! Cool vibe!!!

• edited October 2020

I agree there needs to be more panning.

There’s a lot of overlapping frequency information. The pieces need to be EQd so they create pockets for the other elements to fill. EQ the whole 2-track to gloss/shine/

Where’s the compression at? You can compress individual items to put them in place without losing all dynamics and gaining control. Compress the whole 2track to smooth and glue.

I think the drums need to stick out more.

You can definitely achieve what you want with processing.

Have fun

• edited October 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.