Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GeoJig

I initially made this earlier in the year using ThumbJam Violin, Irish Flute and Uilleann Pipes. Have rerecorded using the same Touchscaper backing but with GeoViolin, Flute and Tenor Sax. I think in some respects ThumbJam wins out, I especially like the bowing action on its Violin and the Pipes sound. Geo however seems more stable and more tactile?, I always expect ThumbJam to go a bit wrong, which may well be my lack of knowledge about MIDI plumbing between GeoShred and ThumbJam via AUM.

Comments

• edited October 2020

Please post earlier version. Assume you re-recorded the leads v. plugging SWAM into the prerecorded tracks which doesn’t seem possible.

• Yes, re-recorded the leads... Is there a way of posting audio without a soundcloud account which I think you have to pay for? Any advice appreciated.

• @GeoTony said:
    Yes, re-recorded the leads... Is there a way of posting audio without a soundcloud account which I think you have to pay for? Any advice appreciated.

Soundcloud free tier, post to dropbox, post to Google Drive, etc.

• Thanks @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr hope this works

• @LinearLineman Would appreciate any comments on which version / sounds you prefer... anybody else feel free to critique... all helps with the learning curve!