Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus coming to foreground on midi command, GTL pushed to background

Hi all,

I am using Group The Loop (GTL) with Audiobus and a Korg nanoKontrol2 as the midi controller. I am using a few buttons and a couple faders of the Korg to send midi signals to Audiobus and the reset of the Korg buttons and faders are used for sending midi signals to GTL.

Somehow I have gotten in a mode where Audiobus gets pulled to the foreground whenever it receives midi signals from the Korg. So at the same time, GTL is getting pushed to the background - which is not what I want. I want to watch / monitor GTL during performance, so I need it to stay in the foreground. I am using Audiobus to independently control the volume of the inputs and to enable/disable the audio inputs going into GTL.

I had not had any issues with this until just recently. I think this is what happened - I was in GTL and got a pop-up which said something like "OK to switch to Audiobus" and without thinking much I said yes. And since then Audiobus comes to the foreground on any midi signals it receives.

I cannot seem to find how to disable this mode or switch it back so that Audiobus stays in the background and GTL stays in the foreground. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Comments

• Maybe for now try opening GTR in slide over/split screen mode and settle for having both apps on screen at once.
    It is more cramped, but should prevent GTR from vanishing complete the BG.

Just a suggestion until you get the real issue sorted.

• Try checking if a midi binding (switch to) on AB3 is on for bringing AB3 to foreground

• @Korakios said:
    Try checking if a midi binding (switch to) on AB3 is on for bringing AB3 to foreground

Yeah, that was my guess - might've accidentally bound that action.

• Thanks a lot for the inputs. Korakios pointed me in the right direction. Turns out I had somehow set the midi bindings in AB3 to "Switch to" AB3 without realizing it. I hadn't noticed that setting nor how to set it up (at least intentionally). So I cleared out the "Switch" options and all is good now. Thanks so much ! 🙂