Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Generate- App update with subscriptions

Hi there!, did any body update their Generate App? The latest update introduces subscriptions, and I wonder, if the free basic versions will still function like it did up until now? Frightened to update and learn only then about having to pay €48 (??) for a fully functioning App... . Anybody in the know? Cheers, t

Comments

  • @animal said:
    Hi there!, did any body update their Generate App? The latest update introduces subscriptions, and I wonder, if the free basic versions will still function like it did up until now? Frightened to update and learn only then about having to pay €48 (??) for a fully functioning App... . Anybody in the know? Cheers, t

    I unfortunately did update it and it's now very limited. The price you mention, however is, a one time purchase (Pro Lifetime), I can't see any options for subscription(?). Using 'VFX - music video editor', (which I already have) instead I guess, but I did like Generate.

  • i'm curious about that app but can't find it in the store. could you post a link, please?

  • @nuno_agogo said:
    i'm curious about that app but can't find it in the store. could you post a link, please?

    Same what app do you speak of?

  • Gotcha. Yea I did notice the mention of video fox in the one post. So you are probably right.

  • Yes, that‘s the one. @Pxlhg: thanks for letting me know, I did fear this would be the case. The developers themselves talk about „subscriptions“, but nowhere mention pricing (apart from the „Pro Livetime“-IAP in the Appstore). Dpn‘t get me wrong, it‘s ok to charge for a well made App, but raising the price to almost €50 is a little over the top IMHO... . I also have VFX, so will do after you, cheers!

  • edited October 30

    generateapp.com - https://apps.apple.com/us/app/generate-video-photo-effects/id808563377

    Version 3.0 was released 4 months ago.

    I think the free part is still useful though.

  • @animal said:
    Yes, that‘s the one. @Pxlhg: thanks for letting me know, I did fear this would be the case. The developers themselves talk about „subscriptions“, but nowhere mention pricing (apart from the „Pro Livetime“-IAP in the Appstore). Dpn‘t get me wrong, it‘s ok to charge for a well made App, but raising the price to almost €50 is a little over the top IMHO... . I also have VFX, so will do after you, cheers!

    I have contacted them and there's some issues with the appearance on the store so the actual subscription plan/part are not in there. Also all contact emails-addresses are wrong so when I found one that actually reached them they were quite grateful for spotting it :smiley: They said it would be fixed within 12 hours (about 3hrs ago).

    @mojozart said:
    generateapp.com - https://apps.apple.com/us/app/generate-video-photo-effects/id808563377

    Version 3.0 was released 4 months ago.

    I think the free part is still useful though.

    I could not do anything (video related) with it, not even logged in.

  • This behaviour by any developer shouldn’t be tolerated, if they wanted to make the app subscription based they should have created a separate app for that purpose.

  • needs to be an auv3 to get my money 🤪

  • Well, subscriptions are killing the market IMHO, the only thing we can do is not pay them... . Just don‘t update Generate, and you‘ll be able to keep on using it (for a while, at least).

  • @animal said:
    Well, subscriptions are killing the market IMHO, the only thing we can do is not pay them... . Just don‘t update Generate, and you‘ll be able to keep on using it (for a while, at least).

    There is a lifetime option so that's good which I think any app that's mainly subscription should have (I do agree subscription are poison). Anyway I have tried to buy it and when doing so it crashes. So I contacted them again and she (Miranda) told me to try un/reinstall. Did so and when I go to the store it says open(!?) instead of a download cloud icon. So I do another restart and an icon shows up named Generate, it's the wrong icon and nothing happens when pressed. So now I'm stuck in some fng loop where I can't reinstall and I can't get rid of it. Searched for the issue and it seem to happen to people every now and the and the only solution seem to be to reset your iPad and start over. So frustrated. Tried on my iPhone too and it's just crashing. Answer from company is that's Apples fault (a quite common answer). Anybody know of a solution without reset? I'll owe you one :neutral:

    @reasOne said:
    needs to be an auv3 to get my money 🤪

    :smiley:

  • Sorry for you, man! If i hear anything I‘ll let you know. I‘d wait a little while before resetting, asbe they will come up with another solution... .

  • @animal said:
    Sorry for you, man! If i hear anything I‘ll let you know. I‘d wait a little while before resetting, asbe they will come up with another solution... .

    Thanks mate, yeah, I hope so too :smile:

  • @animal said:
    Sorry for you, man! If i hear anything I‘ll let you know. I‘d wait a little while before resetting, asbe they will come up with another solution... .

    The app is working now, subscription and one time payment offered, not too bad pricing but, subscription is subscription (=bad). My problem got solved as they sent me the test flight version to overwrite the things that I could not get rid off so all worked out fairly well. :smile:

  • Good to hear. I’m still not updating,though. It‘s almost 50 bucks for lifetime, too much for me right now... . Good luck to your endeavours!

Sign In or Register to comment.