Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

October / GeoCello

edited October 2020 in Creations

The best SWAM so far. GeoShred SWAM Cello plus SWAM Violin, BeatHawk double bass and Celeste, PSP Kemura orchestra, SynthScaper LE. Plus @Spidericemidas’ tinkly Kronecker preset, As Time Goes By.
Improvised on a midi keyboard with no expression added.

Comments

• Bumping this cause folks should hear the unadorned SWAM Cello. A must have, IMO, since you can’t get the realistic sound or, more importantly, the articulations with the Module, PSP and Thumbjam versions of the solo instrument.

• I just pulled the trigger on the GeoCello as well Mike. Fantastic instrument indeed, and you showcase it perfectly here with your extraordinary playing!

• great tunes you have been writing with these geo instruments ! what daw are you recording into?

• This sounds like a page torn from Bach's "Notebook for Anna Magdalena Bach". I wonder what the cello of that era really sounded like. This one is really good.

• @eross said:
    great tunes you have been writing with these geo instruments ! what daw are you recording into?

@LinearLineman is a die hard Cubasis 3 head through and through..

• Love this!

• Thank you @Intrepolicious. Enjoy your new instrument.

@eross, yep Cubasis all the way. Cause it’s old fashioned looking, for one thing. I’m glad I’m not a traditional composer. Too lazy. But I never expected my improv skills would serve that purpose, sort of.

@McD, the stringed instruments were not as rich, I imagine (see below) It’s the keyboards that were thin. For centuries musical instruments were high tech compared to the barrows and baskets.

Thank you @rezidue. Much appreciated.

• fuxin excellent

• Thanks a bunch @kurth. Glad you listened.

• Wow... just wow, Michael! The articulations are so nuanced and really make it come alive, and your playing is to be envied, my friend. Well done!

• Thanks so much @sch. Glad I can demo the SWAM cello to good effect!

• Whoa! This is all one take? Nice!

• Great demo, mister explorer of the endless sources!
    Good to see how iOS apps get closer and closer to the sound of desktop libraries where SWAM is one of the better names, no doubt.

• edited October 2020

@GovernorSilver, yes, one take, repeated again, this time. There’s a certain irony that as a musician I can spend five minutes playing a track and then spend four hours evolving it into something musically worthwhile. Thanks for the praise!

@rs2000, unfortunately, my source bank ends around 1975. But some might say nothing good was made after that anyway!

Yes, things are evolving. When SWAM releases polyphonic ensembles I will be satisfied (maybe😉).