Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Daveypoo Has A Bandcamp Page - Daveypoo, The Mobile Music Minstrel

I finally launched a Bandcamp page featuring all the music I've released in the last 20 years 100% FREE TO DOWNLOAD!

Please check it out and let me know what you think!

@LinearLineman @McD @Charlesalbert THIS MEANS YOU

https://daveypoo.bandcamp.com/

Comments

• McDMcD
    edited October 2020

Just a quick sampling of some tracks starting with the oldest album and working forward.

The song about meeting your wife has a killer "Dave Lionelli" vocal. Not shred of Poo. Really good vocal techniques and pitch.

https://daveypoo.bandcamp.com/track/maybe-thats-why-god-gave-you-to-me

I like many of the melodic choices... I'm a sucker for 9ths in a melody to create tension. It just begs for resolution and can even just hang there.

Nice arrangement too and added musicians from "The Moment" band.
    Falsetto lead vocal section at the end with backing harmonies.

I'm sure I'll uncover more gems with more digging.

I'll bet there's a story around building this track since it has so many
    "Daves" being recorded... vocals, guitar, organ, percussion, etc.

• I’ll get to this!

• I picked up a few things…

• Super funky grooves Dave. I listen only to a couple of tracks and they all rock. Didn’t know you was such a prolific musician. Great💪💪💪

• edited October 2020

@McD said:
    Just a quick sampling of some tracks starting with the oldest album and working forward.

That's awfully brave of you - the earlier stuff is fairly rough around the edges, but the tunes at their core are decent.

I'll bet there's a story around building this track since it has so many
    "Daves" being recorded... vocals, guitar, organ, percussion, etc.

Just me multi-tracking myself in my apartment, really. Aside from "there's a first time for everything...", "Weapon Of Mass Distraction" & the Friction Shift album, I tracked all the rest on my old trusty Roland VS-1880 workstation. Those tracks were dumped into my PC and then further overdubs were done using the VS-1880 as a mixer to record straight into the computer. For that track in particular, none of the musicians played together at the same time. Each musician played to my acoustic guitar/vocal track only and then I crafted the arrangement in post. It was an experiment, but the thankfully my friends are top-caliber musicians and managed to pull it off.

@johnfromberkeley said:
    I picked up a few things…

I saw - you know these were free, right? Regardless, that was extremely kind of you. I hope you dig the tunes.

@Charlesalbert It seems like I'm more prolific than I actually am, since I'm re-releasing eight at one time. It took me a LONG time to put these out!

The most interesting part of revisiting all my old material is that it's got me re-mixing some old demos. I'm trying to see how much (if at all) my engineering has improved....

• Hi Dave, thanks for posting your albums. Quite an evolution! Right off the bat I have to say you’ve gotten better looking over the years! No mean feat in itself.

I sampled tracks from all the albums. Great production values and performances overall. My favorite grouping is with the Mudflaps on 2.0. It has a unique flavor, the keyboardist quite good and a very tight, hip sound to my ears.

I also really enjoyed The Cure For The Common Cold and Acid Folk. Lots to like in both those. You’re a multitalented guy. It’s interesting that you now make tutorials on iOS and are heading for Italy. Your music, some of it, is steeped in the 60’s, and the vibe definitely acoustic. You’re due for a new album. I suspect it will be your best. You can hear the growth and increasing ability.

What are some of your favorite tracks so’s I can go back for another listen? Thanks, buddy. Good work!

• @LinearLineman said:
    Hi Dave, thanks for posting your albums. Quite an evolution! Right off the bat I have to say you’ve gotten better looking over the years! No mean feat in itself.

I sampled tracks from all the albums. Great production values and performances overall. My favorite grouping is with the Mudflaps on 2.0. It has a unique flavor, the keyboardist quite good and a very tight, hip sound to my ears.

I also really enjoyed The Cure For The Common Cold and Acid Folk. Lots to like in both those. You’re a multitalented guy. It’s interesting that you now make tutorials on iOS and are heading for Italy. Your music, some of it, is steeped in the 60’s, and the vibe definitely acoustic. You’re due for a new album. I suspect it will be your best. You can hear the growth and increasing ability.

What are some of your favorite tracks so’s I can go back for another listen? Thanks, buddy. Good work!

Your comments are very flattering. What are you doing later - fancy a drink...? ;)

I appreciate the feedback. As I said to @McD above - the earlier material is fairly rough around the edges, but the tunes are alright.

Favorite tracks overall?

https://daveypoo.bandcamp.com/track/out-of-our-minds-a-bit
    This song song came out EXACTLY as I wanted, so I was very happy about that. I still revel in this every time I listen to it.

https://daveypoo.bandcamp.com/track/the-great-white-wail
    This was a single-take, and the band was killing it that day. I overdubbed the upright and I love the lead guitar bits.

https://daveypoo.bandcamp.com/track/my-first-time
    The groove of this really came together because this band just rocked. I love how the kick drum, bass & Wurly are in unison for the verses and leave so much space. The electric guitar is doing this call/response with the acoustic, and overall this really came together well.

https://daveypoo.bandcamp.com/track/red-baron
    My buddy Max had never used a Ring Modulator before, and I insisted he do so to pay homage to Jan Hammer on the original. Max nailed this, and I'm so proud of our take on this classic.

https://daveypoo.bandcamp.com/track/the-lonely-saucier
    https://daveypoo.bandcamp.com/track/ernestine
    Friction Shift is just about the best stuff I've ever done, and these two are my favs. It's filled with jokes only my friend Rob & I would ever get, and I still laugh every single time I listen to it. The Lonely Saucier is just so STUPID and so much fun, and then Ernestine garnered it's own music video (see below), so there's that.

• I’ll listen more, Dave.

• edited October 2020

@LinearLineman said:
    I’ll listen more, Dave.

I await your feedback with bated breath.

• @Daveypoo said:

@LinearLineman said:
    I’ll listen more, Dave.

Man, that's excellent material! I love it!!! 👍🏼👍🏼

• @rs2000 said:

@Daveypoo said:

@LinearLineman said:
    I’ll listen more, Dave.

Excellent - so glad you're digging it, @rs2000 Better in your ears making you tap your toes than sitting on my hard drive gathering virtual dust.

:D

• @Daveypoo said:

@rs2000 said:

@Daveypoo said:

@LinearLineman said:
    I’ll listen more, Dave.

Excellent - so glad you're digging it, @rs2000 Better in your ears making you tap your toes than sitting on my hard drive gathering virtual dust.

:D

Definitely!! That's what your music does for me 😃

PS: Try to get an additional DNS record for "www.davelionelli.com" mapped to the same server address.
    Currently, only "davelionelli.com" works.

• @rs2000 said:
    PS: Try to get an additional DNS record for "www.davelionelli.com" mapped to the same server address.

I'm not sure what you mean - when I type in "www.davelionelli.com" it redirects me to "davelionelli.com". What's the issue?

• @Daveypoo said:

@rs2000 said:

I'm not sure what you mean - when I type in "www.davelionelli.com" it redirects me to "davelionelli.com". What's the issue?

Not here on my machine. When I click on the bandcamp link, I get a "server unreachable". Only when I remove the "www.", the site gets loaded. Maybe your browser does the work for you...

• edited October 2020

Wow - weird. Sorry about that!

To be honest, you're not missing anything. It's been a long time since I maintained that site...

• @Daveypoo said:
    Wow - weird. Sorry about that!

To be honest, you're not missing anything. It's been a long time since I maintained that site...

Oh, I wouldn't disagree 😉
    Anyway, thanks a lot. Hope you're still making great music!

• @Daveypoo said:
    you know these were free, right?

But…they’re worth more than that.

• @johnfromberkeley said:

@Daveypoo said:
    you know these were free, right?

But…they’re worth more than that.

I agree, however the unfortunate truth is that the tunes I worked so hard on are more likely to fill the earholes of a larger audience without said fee. And ultimately, I just want to be up in those earholes, y'know?

You are an officer and a gentleman, sir - truly a prince among thieves. The sentiment did not go unnoticed ;)

• edited October 2020

Given your description of it I had to listen to the Great White Wail. Terrific live vibe. The tune has bounce. A lot to love about the vocals--the rhythms, the intonation, the little bends here and there. Dug the interplay between the guitar and vox.

• edited October 2020

@ecamburn said:
    Given your description of it I had to listen to the Great White Wail. Terrific live vibe. The tune has bounce. A lot to love about the vocals--the rhythms, the intonation, the little bends here and there. Dug the interplay between the guitar and vox.

@ecamburn Wow - thanks for the thoughtful review. I appreciate the feedback, truly. The 3 of us had a particular groove, and this song is a great example of it. By the time I put out my next album I had a different lineup, but I got the original dudes together for one last jam and they delivered yet again:

https://daveypoo.bandcamp.com/track/save-yourself