Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pure Acid down to $7.99 from $14.99

Pure Acid almost half off and Poison 202 is on sale too. Have Poison and love it, didn’t have Pure Acid but the reviews are stellar and have heard nothing but good things on this forum. Last sale down to this price lasted 7 days for reference.

Comments

• Worth the money at full price, so definitely a steal at nearly half off. :)

• You think it beats trouble maker in the acid party? I have trouble maker and it disperse acid into the ether well. I just like that this is a standalone groove box. Like is this a virtual 90s dreambox>acid 303 and 808 or 606? Looks like it is but someone say something....

• @oceansinspace said:
    You think it beats trouble maker in the acid party? I have trouble maker and it disperse acid into the ether well. I just like that this is a standalone groove box. Like is this a virtual 90s dreambox>acid 303 and 808 or 606? Looks like it is but someone say something....

I prefer PA's square wave than the one in Troublemaker. At this price PA is a steal, it is a dreambox :)

• Troublemaker is silky smooth but Pure Acid is truly the real deal.

• Apologies for my ignorance, graying hip hop head here, what is meant by “acid”? I’ve heard the labels acid jazz, acid house, etc. But what makes it acid? Psychedelic in its sound or acid as in caustic to the ear, degraded, perforated or something else, just curious?

• @king_picadillo said:
    Apologies for my ignorance, graying hip hop head here, what is meant by “acid”? I’ve heard the labels acid jazz, acid house, etc. But what makes it acid? Psychedelic in its sound or acid as in caustic to the ear, degraded, perforated or something else, just curious?

Pure LSD

• Obviously a must have if you like acid house but you can get some serious funk out of it too

• @jolico, that I understand. Never ventured too deep into abode music, however.

• @king_picadillo said:
    @jolico, that I understand. Never ventured too deep into abode music, however.

Pretty much everything that involves a 303 makes me think of (a) Josh Wink and (b) the rave scene at the start of the movie Blade. Turns out that one's a New Order remix.

• @oceansinspace said:
    You think it beats trouble maker in the acid party? I have trouble maker and it disperse acid into the ether well. I just like that this is a standalone groove box. Like is this a virtual 90s dreambox>acid 303 and 808 or 606? Looks like it is but someone say something....

I'm with you. As far as acid lines alone, Troublemaker sounds better. (Pure Acid has a drum machine, sequencer, effects etc that add to it's value if you need them.)

• @colonel_mustard thank you, I’ll rewatch Blade to get the feel.

• If I already use drambo and zenbeats is it worth getting gr16?

I know its a well loved app but wondering if it offers a lot outside of drambo and zenbeats

Love pure acid btw

• @muzka said:
    If I already use drambo and zenbeats is it worth getting gr16?

I know its a well loved app but wondering if it offers a lot outside of drambo and zenbeats

Love pure acid btw

I personally never got along with GR16. He workflow was almost exact as my old electribe which i never liked.

• @colonel_mustard said:

@king_picadillo said:
    @jolico, that I understand. Never ventured too deep into abode music, however.

Pretty much everything that involves a 303 makes me think of (a) Josh Wink and (b) the rave scene at the start of the movie Blade. Turns out that one's a New Order remix.

The original song is by New Order, the remix is by Pump Panel. One of the biggest 303 basslines ever.

• Pure Acid and Troublemaker can each do a few things the other can’t and both are well worth having. I often use both in the same track.

• i still am not sure on this as i’m not good at acid music, but i do like to make psychedelic downtempo beats, however analog drum sounds aren’t my go to... how versatile is the drum machine part?

• @reasOne said:
    i still am not sure on this as i’m not good at acid music, but i do like to make psychedelic downtempo beats, however analog drum sounds aren’t my go to... how versatile is the drum machine part?

It’s very much camped in 808 909 territory. It has a quite versatile sequencer with a good range of sequencing and editing options. I have to say it sounds fantastic. It has a real presence without being overbearing. It’s solid. So it’s a great drum machine with a fantastic 303 emulator. Not having it would be like losing my car keys.

• Ok, thanks as well. U kinda like that UI and screenshot though. Cheers.

• @robosardine said:

@reasOne said:
    i still am not sure on this as i’m not good at acid music, but i do like to make psychedelic downtempo beats, however analog drum sounds aren’t my go to... how versatile is the drum machine part?

It’s very much camped in 808 909 territory. It has a quite versatile sequencer with a good range of sequencing and editing options. I have to say it sounds fantastic. It has a real presence without being overbearing. It’s solid. So it’s a great drum machine with a fantastic 303 emulator. Not having it would be like losing my car keys.

i mean it looks glorious!! thanks for that info man... i love the quality of grove rider so i know this thing will stand the test of that. i just wish there was some more variety of what it can do on youtube! but im leaning more towards purchase hehe

• That’s okay. Here’s a picture with the effects section just in case it helps. Tons of Boss type pedals all included.

• @robosardine said:
    That’s okay. Here’s a picture with the effects section just in case it helps. Tons of Boss type pedals all included.

hahaha that preset name is not very subliminal 🤣🤣🤣🤣 sold lolol

• @reasOne said:

Adding something like Roxsyn on top of the 303 can definitely get you psychedelic. Velvet Machine too. At this price it’s rude not to.

• Wait, Pure Acid is AUv3? I have no use for the acid-house bass, but the drum machine would sure come in handy....

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Wait, Pure Acid is AUv3? I have no use for the acid-house bass, but the drum machine would sure come in handy....

Absolutely spot on. It does.

• @robosardine said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Wait, Pure Acid is AUv3? I have no use for the acid-house bass, but the drum machine would sure come in handy....

God DAMMIT I keep finding ways to spend money.

• Every time I visit this forum I come away poorer. I bought Camelot this morning and I have no idea why.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@robosardine said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

God DAMMIT I keep finding ways to spend money.

Think of it as being like spending money on your kids - the joy you get back makes the cash outlay seem minimal after a while 😃

• So $3.99? Is that now the best news ever???

• im still at 7.99 but yeah good deal, just trying not to spend haha! U know

• @drcongo said:

@reasOne said:

Adding something like Roxsyn on top of the 303 can definitely get you psychedelic. Velvet Machine too. At this price it’s rude not to.

in order to not be rude i picked it up this morning haha. it def can have a great place in a mix... carbon based lifeforms use it in every album after all