Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Spend over £3000 on a new Prophet 5 that needs a diy fix day one. Sheesh.

That's bad.

"This affects serial numbers 1 to 195 on Prophet 5s, and 1 to 159 on Prophet 10s.
I owe everyone a deep apology for this; it’s not how we normally work, and I’m really sorry this fell through the cracks. Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,
Dave Smith"

https://www.matrixsynth.com/2020/10/new-sequential-prophet-5-prophet-10.html

Comments

• edited October 2020

Bullshit title...

Those are just excuses; the real issue is that units in the field need to be corrected. Fortunately, it’s a fairly easy mod if you have access to a soldering iron, or a service center nearby. Two capacitors need to be removed; that’s it.
    We will happily swap boards if that is preferred, or swap entire units. We will do whatever is required to make things right.

(quote from the link above on Matrixsynth)
    The DIY fix is mentioned for those familiar with circuits and likely to confirm that warranty isn‘t affected. Which is rather cool...

• I have the same policy with synths as I do with operating system updates..... wait and see. Never be the first person to buy (Or update).

• @Telefunky said:
    Bullshit title...

Factually correct.

I wonder how many of the early ones will never get modded.

• My Pro3 arrived needing to be repaired as well, the pitch end wheel was so loose in the case it was ready to fall out and the cutoff knob needed to be replaced twice before I got one that worked correctly. Not terribly hard to DIY, but still annoying on a new synth. Shame they are still having issues, usually Sequential is more on top of things than this.

• @Tarekith said:
    My Pro3 arrived needing to be repaired as well, the pitch end wheel was so loose in the case it was ready to fall out and the cutoff knob needed to be replaced twice before I got one that worked correctly. Not terribly hard to DIY, but still annoying on a new synth. Shame they are still having issues, usually Sequential is more on top of things than this.

Should’ve bought a behringer

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @cyberheater said:

@Telefunky said:
    Bullshit title...

Factually correct.

No, it‘s plain wrong because there is no need at all for DIY.
    Quoting Dave Smith:

We will happily swap boards if that is preferred, or swap entire units. We will do whatever is required to make things right.

Now go on clickbaiting o:)

• edited October 2020

@u0421793 said:

Right on. Those NEVER ship with problems! :#
    /sarcasm

Sequential: a very small company in love with making electronic instruments even during a global pandemic that has clearly disrupted their processes (I believe an employee also died from Covid). As Dave said, not excuses. But there are legitimate reasons. Mistakes happen. Do they change their processes for the synths they're currently designing and developing? One would hope so after this. That'd be normal - to learn from mistakes.

Sequential is well-known for top-notch customer service.

• I don’t know how this stuff gets past proper QC.

Sucks to see, but good on Sequential for owning their mistakes and making it right.

• They did offer a free fix. Some manufacturers, even major ones wouldn't even do that. DSI owned up to it and that is respectable.

• Here’s the thing though...seems like it sounds insanely awesome 🤤 I’m seriously thinking of trying to sell enough things to get one, even though they cost approximately 350 apps.

• @u0421793 said:

@Tarekith said:
    My Pro3 arrived needing to be repaired as well, the pitch end wheel was so loose in the case it was ready to fall out and the cutoff knob needed to be replaced twice before I got one that worked correctly. Not terribly hard to DIY, but still annoying on a new synth. Shame they are still having issues, usually Sequential is more on top of things than this.

Only Behringer’s can have faults :D

• @knewspeak said:

@u0421793 said:

@Tarekith said:

Only Behringer’s can have faults :D

Exactly.

• @BCKeys said:

@u0421793 said:

@Tarekith said:

Considering what we can do now with an iPad, I'm betting more on the one who will be able to create a controller keyboard with an iPad slot (flat position, like the screen of a Roland Fantom, for example), a sexy woody look, a great keytouch, and a collection of emulators apps of all vintage synthesizers in a unique app. 😍

We can also imagine the filters integrated to the controller.

If I were IKMultimedia, that's what I would do to compete with Berhinger and many others

Am I dreaming or did Waldorf do something like this? I must be making it up.

• edited October 2020

@kinkujin said:

@BCKeys said:

@u0421793 said:

@Tarekith said:

Considering what we can do now with an iPad, I'm betting more on the one who will be able to create a controller keyboard with an iPad slot (flat position, like the screen of a Roland Fantom, for example), a sexy woody look, a great keytouch, and a collection of emulators apps of all vintage synthesizers in a unique app. 😍

We can also imagine the filters integrated to the controller.

If I were IKMultimedia, that's what I would do to compete with Berhinger and many others

Am I dreaming or did Waldorf do something like this? I must be making it up.

Well, I guess somewhat dreaming. There was the Akai Synthstation.

*edit - sorry, this is what I was thinking about. Wrong format! hehe

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/waldorf-kb37

• edited October 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Could end up like the penny black stamp in a few years if you own un modded one 😁

• Oh lawd......

• I remember that. Wasn’t that a hardware controller for the app?

• Yes, the guy did one for the ims20 as well I think.