Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Koshiba - Gate Sequencer by Iceworks

Comments

• Seems to me this isn't offering much new. Easy pass.

Ah the joys of iOS old age. An extra $5 x 5-6 apps every month in pocket change.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Seems to me this isn't offering much new. Easy pass.

Ah the joys of iOS old age. An extra $5 x 5-6 apps every month in pocket change.

ya this thing sounds not good imo, i’m sure people can make it sound better, but glitches like this give me anxiety 🤪 i’m still hoping for drum computer!!

• Third sounds lovely. Especially with WOOTT after it omg. Works really well with Yukawa also. Just threw some random stuff together with fugue, x0x, and particles to test it out. Definitely going to have fun with this.

• We seem to have an ice works FX trend going, which is cool because there's still hope for a resonator effect app!

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    We seem to have an ice works FX trend going, which is cool because there's still hope for a resonator effect app!

This. So much this.

• @reasOne said:

@oat_phipps said:

ya this thing sounds not good imo, i’m sure people can make it sound better, but glitches like this give me anxiety 🤪 i’m still hoping for drum computer!!

I think it sounds great. There was a part in this video where the filter is a little harsh. I listen to vids with the headphones quite low because it is distracting to hear my voice loud while making them, so sometimes miss things like this, only noticed it after it was up. Maybe you're referring to that? But huh, I think this thing is fantastic, to each their own I guess 😉

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    We seem to have an ice works FX trend going, which is cool because there's still hope for a resonator effect app!

Talking about resonators.
    Jens Guell has a three band reverb on beta with
    a tone resonator for each band inbuilt which is quite fun.

You could also put together resonators in both dRambo and MiRack
    which I have done quite successfully so.

Back on topic.
    This effect reminds me of Bram Bos' Perforator and the Kai Aras MM-1 mute master app.

I do like the way Iceworks have got their routing going on.

• @Gavinski said:

@reasOne said:

@oat_phipps said:

I think it sounds great. There was a part in this video where the filter is a little harsh. I listen to vids with the headphones quite low because it is distracting to hear my voice loud while making them, so sometimes miss things like this, only noticed it after it was up. Maybe you're referring to that? But huh, I think this thing is fantastic, to each their own I guess 😉

i still have to watch your video this eve i’m sure you made it sound nice...i just watched the demo they put out while at work hehe

• ALBALB
    edited October 2020

Not sure where any of the criticism is coming from - this is great sounding, has an easy to understand UI, while offering all in one effects that I’m not finding in any other app (meaning that I would need to chain 2 or three other effects to do what this does and still would not accomplish what this does).

• Might have to break my self imposed "no app buying for awhile" rule for this one. Looks and sounds fab!

• @Gavinski said:

@reasOne said:

@oat_phipps said:

Precisely, this is the problem for me with the previous effect and this one--harsh, non-musical filters. And I nomally love a good filtered delay (Timeless 2).

• edited October 2020

@oat_phipps said:

@Gavinski said:

@reasOne said:

@oat_phipps said:

Precisely, this is the problem for me with the previous effect and this one--harsh, non-musical filters. And I nomally love a good filtered delay (Timeless 2).

I wonder how much of the sound on the vid was driven by the original pad sound. It was pretty metallic sounding which could have contributed to a harsher post-effect sound.

• Does it have a random button?

• @Gravitas said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Burns Audio is giving away the MI Rings resonator app for free.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@Gravitas said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Burns Audio is giving away the MI Rings resonator app for free.

Yup, it's the app that switched me onto modular.

I've been putting together a patch in dRambo to modulate the Burns Audio apps.

It's almost complete.

• @ecamburn said:

@oat_phipps said:

@Gavinski said:

@reasOne said:

@oat_phipps said:

I wonder how much of the sound on the vid was driven by the original pad sound. It was pretty metallic sounding which could have contributed to a harsher post-effect sound.

I noticed it mainly in the section where I tied a few gates together. I think it's simply that the filter resonance was too high for that kind of sound when sustained, it sounded perfectly fine at that setting on the shorter gate.

• edited October 2020

Bought it, love it! The famous icegear resonator is in here and it sounds great as usual. Stick velvet machine after it on a subtle mix amount and it sounds amazing!

• @gregsmith said:
    Bought it, love it! The famous icegear resonator is in here and it sounds great as usual. Stick velvet machine after it on a subtle mix amount and it sounds amazing!

Looking at the UI i dont see the resonator anywhere. Where is it

• edited October 2020

@sippy_cup said:

@gregsmith said:

It’s on the filter section, there’s one of the send fx filter as well

• @gregsmith said:

Yesssss! All these play really well together.

• @Fingolfinzzz said:

@sippy_cup said:

@gregsmith said:

that's a resonance param in conjunction with a filter cutoff...resonator and resonance are not the same.

• @sippy_cup said:

@Fingolfinzzz said:

@sippy_cup said:

@gregsmith said:

that's a resonance param in conjunction with a filter cutoff...resonator and resonance are not the same.

Well that’s what I believe OP was referring to, it doesn’t have the resonator module like the synths do

• @Fingolfinzzz said:

@sippy_cup said:

@Fingolfinzzz said:

@sippy_cup said:

@gregsmith said:

Well that’s what I believe OP was referring to, it doesn’t have the resonator module like the synths do

Just clarifying. It is not a resonator like @gregsmith said.

• @sippy_cup said:

@Fingolfinzzz said:

@sippy_cup said:

@Fingolfinzzz said:

@sippy_cup said:

@gregsmith said:

A resonator is for modeling acoustic bodies etc right? I do like the resonator they use for the synths a lot, it would be great to have it for this effect

• McDMcD
    edited October 2020

@Fingolfinzzz said:
    A resonator is for modeling acoustic bodies etc right? I do like the resonator they use for the synths a lot, it would be great to have it for this effect

This means a "resonance" knob on a synth is NOT the same thing as a Resonator modeler, right? Resonance on a synth:

Is achieved by applying FEEDBACK to a FILTER: the effect of resonance “boosts” the frequencies around the CUTOFF frequency. As resonance increases, the feedback increases to a point that the filter can generate a sine-wave tone. This is called “self-oscillation”.

And a resonator:

is a device or system that exhibits resonance or resonant behavior. That is, it naturally oscillates with greater amplitude at some frequencies, called resonant frequencies, than at other frequencies.

• So would a resonator consist of several filters set to different resonances?

Also I’m probably de-railing the shit out of this thread so here’s a video! I ran Quanta into Koshiba with a four chord loop and then ran that into SlowMoFX and it’s quite fun.

• @Fingolfinzzz said:

@sippy_cup said:

@Fingolfinzzz said:

@sippy_cup said:

@Fingolfinzzz said:

@sippy_cup said:

@gregsmith said:

Oh my bad! Sorry!

Was surfing the presets and got to Gero which had that awesome icegear sound. Saw the resonance knob and assumed it must be that!

Either way sounds great to me 🙃

• @Fingolfinzzz said:
    So would a resonator consist of several filters set to different resonances?

Also I’m probably de-railing the shit out of this thread so here’s a video! I ran Quanta into Koshiba with a four chord loop and then ran that into SlowMoFX and it’s quite fun.

Resonators generate waves of specific frequencies from a signal. They are used to mimic acoustic instruments. His resonators in his synths are pretty excellent but it is not featured here as discussed.

• @sippy_cup said:

@Fingolfinzzz said:
    So would a resonator consist of several filters set to different resonances?

Resonators generate waves of specific frequencies from a signal. They are used to mimic acoustic instruments. His resonators in his synths are pretty excellent but it is not featured here as discussed.

Oh okay, I didn’t realize that’s what was going on with them. I’ll have to look into more resources on them cos that sounds fascinating to learn about how to replicate acoustic bodies

• Curious... I don't have this app yet. But, it seems odd that it only launched a few days ago, but the threads about it are already buried 4 pages deep.

Folks already have lost interest in this one so quickly?!