Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Saxophony / GeoSax

edited October 2020 in Creations

Improvised music using the SWAM Saxophone in GeoShred. Accompanied by two tracks of NOISE Pad, Module Choir and iFretless acoustic bass. Played on the GeoShred UI.

Comments

• edited October 2020

@LinearLineman, Reminds me of another one of those James Bond 007 soundtrack pieces (which is a good thing!)

So I know we’ve all figured out how to use our regular midi controllers to control these SWAM instruments, but is that what you’re doing here? Or are you fingering the glass?

• @Intrepolicious said:
    @LinearLineman, Reminds me of another one of those James Bond 007 soundtrack pieces (which is a good thing!)

So I know we’ve all figured out how to use our regular midi controllers to control these SWAM instruments, but is that what you’re doing here? Or are you fingering the glass?

The answer is cleverly concealed within his last sentence.

• Thanks, @Intrepolicious. It was ore of an experiment to see what the sax could do. Correct @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr, I used the glass.The violin works better, IMO, on a keyboard. @McD gave me instructions how to link the modwheel and expression pedal. I think that might help.

I did find that, in Cubasis, at least, you can add expression with a second record using GeoShred UI over an unexpressed Keyboard generated note track. Just enable read and write in the AU window, hit record and express the shit out of it! Makes it a lot easier.

• edited October 2020

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@Intrepolicious said:

@LinearLineman said:
    Played on the GeoShred UI.

lol thanks, I somehow missed that little detail!

• @LinearLineman said:
    Thanks, @Intrepolicious. It was ore of an experiment to see what the sax could do. Correct @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr, I used the glass.The violin works better, IMO, on a keyboard. @McD gave me instructions how to link the modwheel and expression pedal. I think that might help.

I did find that, in Cubasis, at least, you can add expression with a second record using GeoShred UI over an unexpressed Keyboard generated note track. Just enable read and write in the AU window, hit record and express the shit out of it! Makes it a lot easier.

Ah! That’s a great idea; post recording expression! I will be experimenting with that idea myself.

• Is anyone finding the midi data to be incorrect? Using Cubasis2 nothing I’ve played ever comes out the same...pitch bend, note durations etc. Opening the editor show’s a lot of overlapping notes(from a mono source) and really long notes that I never played. I have a hunch it’s related to messed up note off messages.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

I'm begging for a sarcasm font. Someone tried sarcasm on my wife and she's still upset
    since she can only read words addressed to her as a personal assault.

Carry on.