Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BASS 808 by AUDIOKIT ON SALE !!!

13»

Comments

• From my experience, the only apps I have had trouble with is D1 and FM Player 2, which are written in their old codebase. This is really my main issue. I wish they would spend the time rewriting these instead of releasing more apps which they will need to keep updating, in turn just making more work long term and frustrating more customers.

The limited edition apps are a joy and I have had no problem with them. But I do not enjoy the constant delay when they say it'll be out on X day and it releases weeks later. I believe this happened with 808, but not exactly sure as that was when I was first getting into production, but the same happened with retro Piano and I feel like they released Audio tune at the same time to quell the loud typers on this forum.

I would much prefer they release the remaining limited edition apps like they did House Mark I. "Out of nowhere". This would reduce already existing frustrations and speculations.

In short, fix the problem apps that people have already paid for, release new apps on time or don't announce it. I don't mind the limited edition aspect. That right there creates enough buzz to sell the apps.

• @LinearLineman said:
    My opinion:

1. The AudioKit folks gave their Synth1 and its code free to the world, and many folks, who are not devs, made use of it... TAQsim and now the new EP House Mark1 which incorporated college kids in the effort, as examples
    2. 808 is under five bucks, who cares if it’s limited or not. Let them have a little marketing fun, they’re not in it for the money, obviously.
    3. Unless the naysayers encourage them to call it a day they will offer more interesting and affordable stuff.
    4. Efforts such as this should be encouraged, not discouraged, IMO.

🙌🏿🙌🏿🙌🏿🙌🏿🙌🏿

• @WillieNegus said:

@LinearLineman said:
    My opinion:

1. The AudioKit folks gave their Synth1 and its code free to the world, and many folks, who are not devs, made use of it... TAQsim and now the new EP House Mark1 which incorporated college kids in the effort, as examples
    2. 808 is under five bucks, who cares if it’s limited or not. Let them have a little marketing fun, they’re not in it for the money, obviously.
    3. Unless the naysayers encourage them to call it a day they will offer more interesting and affordable stuff.
    4. Efforts such as this should be encouraged, not discouraged, IMO.

Indeed. We need more folks like Audiokit, less folks who whine about folks like Audiokit.

Forums tend to back everyone into opposing corners. It doesn't need to be that way though. I am an open-source advocate in my non-music life, I have supported AudioKit from the get go. I liked their energy, I like the open-source approach. They launched a couple of great sounding romplers!

So I'm in. I'm a customer. But the bugs need fixing for the apps to stay in use. And more than that, the marketing shifted. Became more gimmicky. Less authentic. So maybe some critical customer feedback will help them get back on track. Realise the dream, etc.

It doesn't make me a naysayer and it doesn't make me any less of a customer.

• @gusgranite, it’s all in the virtual tone, you know😉

• @LinearLineman said:
    @gusgranite, it’s all in the virtual tone, you know😉

Ya, maybe! Their 'platinum AUv3' spin did irk me way more than it should have... OK, blame COVID!

• edited October 2021

@analog_matt I’m noticing an issue with Bass 808 as an AU in Cubasis 3. When I enable Bluetooth, the MIDI freaks out a bit. Notes will get skipped and I’ll inevitably get a stuck note that plays indefinitely. This is happening on my iPhone 11 and has happened on iOS 14 and 15.

• @DukeWonder said:
    @analog_matt I’m noticing an issue with Bass 808 as an AU in Cubasis 3. When I enable Bluetooth, the MIDI freaks out a bit. Notes will get skipped and I’ll inevitably get a stuck note that plays indefinitely. This is happening on my iPhone 11 and has happened on iOS 14 and 15.

You should report bugs via the Audiokit web site. I have the sense that they don't visit here any more.

Out of curiosity what MIDI bluetooth device are you sending from?

• @espiegel123 said:

@DukeWonder said:

You should report bugs via the Audiokit web site. I have the sense that they don't visit here any more.

Out of curiosity what MIDI bluetooth device are you sending from?

Ah okay I’ll do that.

I should have clarified. I’m sending audio out.

• How limited can it be? Can't you just copy paste the code??

• i didnt notice clicks before etc lol.

It clips even at low volume and even when not appearing to clip.

Thought new ipad were faulty but its the same on other ipad.

Shame it were my bass synth.

• I know why it clips and didnt before.

Its a mono synth.

Using screen keyboard. Keys were just cutting the other.