Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BASS 808 by AUDIOKIT ON SALE !!!

Comments

• @DukeWonder said:
    Snitch-Tagging @analog_matt for feedback purposes.

FTFY :)

• It’s a stunning app. Sounds ace, is a little CPU intensive on older iPads but worth the juice suck. The 909 is going to be an absolute stonker - the beta is amazing.

• I bought bass 808 when it came out and i love the sound but rarely use it because i cant load it in NS2. Tried to contact them but never got an answer.

• @Jamie_Mallender said:
    It’s a stunning app. Sounds ace, is a little CPU intensive on older iPads but worth the juice suck. The 909 is going to be an absolute stonker - the beta is amazing.

Are you in a position to share any small details of what attributes it might have that help to make it amazing? ..... or is that all under wraps for the time being?
    I didn’t see much in the way of advanced functionality in the screenshot. Is it the sequencer options or the sound that is so good.... or both I’m guessing?

• @robosardine said:

@Jamie_Mallender said:
    It’s a stunning app. Sounds ace, is a little CPU intensive on older iPads but worth the juice suck. The 909 is going to be an absolute stonker - the beta is amazing.

Are you in a position to share any small details of what attributes it might have that help to make it amazing? ..... or is that all under wraps for the time being?
    I didn’t see much in the way of advanced functionality in the screenshot. Is it the sequencer options or the sound that is so good.... or both I’m guessing?

AudioKit aren’t too secretive about these things. They’ve given me licence to promote and share clips etc.. It’s kind of a weird one to promote. We’re talking about a Classic drum machine that has been emulated a million times so how could this app be so cool? Well, they’ve nailed the sound - we expected that. The beauty of this app lies in the way it is laid out. You work in full screen or split screen - there are a few different screens where adjustments can be made and any of the screens can be at the top or the bottom of the split screen - it all works so intuitively and makes it possible to be creative very quickly and efficiently. The layout is a joy to use and so much thought has gone into it. So a lot of people will go, oh wow, another 909, yawn.... but this app for me sets a new high for iOS drum machine functionality.

• when does that 909 come out? that sounds tough

• @Jamie_Mallender said:

@robosardine said:

@Jamie_Mallender said:

AudioKit aren’t too secretive about these things. They’ve given me licence to promote and share clips etc.. It’s kind of a weird one to promote. We’re talking about a Classic drum machine that has been emulated a million times so how could this app be so cool? Well, they’ve nailed the sound - we expected that. The beauty of this app lies in the way it is laid out. You work in full screen or split screen - there are a few different screens where adjustments can be made and any of the screens can be at the top or the bottom of the split screen - it all works so intuitively and makes it possible to be creative very quickly and efficiently. The layout is a joy to use and so much thought has gone into it. So a lot of people will go, oh wow, another 909, yawn.... but this app for me sets a new high for iOS drum machine functionality.

Thanks for that - the layout situation sounds good. I was wondering if it had anything like - fills, flams, randomise, song mode, pattern chain etc?

• @robosardine said:

@Jamie_Mallender said:

@robosardine said:

@Jamie_Mallender said:

Thanks for that - the layout situation sounds good. I was wondering if it had anything like - fills, flams, randomise, song mode, pattern chain etc?

It has a pattern chain which you could easily use for a song arrangement. It doesn’t have randomise yet or any pre programmed fills or other midi - flams is a nice idea too. I’ll pass those thoughts on.

• @Thacapos said:
    I bought bass 808 when it came out and i love the sound but rarely use it because i cant load it in NS2. Tried to contact them but never got an answer.

Loads fine for me, maybe a reinstall or reboot might solve the issue?

• @Liquidmantis said:
    I just bought this for $999 :frowning:

It sounds better when you buy it full price.

• @Stiksi said:

@Thacapos said:
    I bought bass 808 when it came out and i love the sound but rarely use it because i cant load it in NS2. Tried to contact them but never got an answer.

Tried that already. When i reinstall it, it sometimes works the first time but next time i open ns it keeps loading

• Thanks for the info all. I think I’m going to pass... :(

• @Thacapos said:

@Stiksi said:

@Thacapos said:

Tried that already. When i reinstall it, it sometimes works the first time but next time i open ns it keeps loading

Sadly, this is very common behaviour when using audiokit apps with NS but I can’t replicate it with this one. What device / OS are you on?

• Ipad 6. gen. Ios 13.7

• The sound engine is way to loud mostly. Make sure you have your volume turn to half or a quarter to match daw volume.

• @Thacapos said:
    Ipad 6. gen. Ios 13.7

Ok, the obvious difference is that I’m on 14.01. But I would consider upgrading the OS to fix one plugin a huge gamble.

• I guess i still wait for 14.2. Had the problems with the other ios versions as well, hardly think ios 14 will solve it

• they just added some of my presets to the 909 beta. Bonus!

• Hammer Head hahaha, really ?
    What is that, a ton of Ruismaker samples ?

• @Turntablist said:
    Hammer Head hahaha, really ?

Nr 67, 71, 72 & 73

• @R_2 said:

@Turntablist said:
    Hammer Head hahaha, really ?

Nr 67, 71, 72 & 73

Nailed it! I’m a massive Star Wars nerd - I just named each kit after a character seen in the cantina. I loved those figures as a kid. Wish I still had them all but, sold them to help fund my 1st guitar.

• You can hear some Bass 808 in this tune

• My opinion:

1. The AudioKit folks gave their Synth1 and its code free to the world, and many folks, who are not devs, made use of it... TAQsim and now the new EP House Mark1 which incorporated college kids in the effort, as examples
    2. 808 is under five bucks, who cares if it’s limited or not. Let them have a little marketing fun, they’re not in it for the money, obviously.
    3. Unless the naysayers encourage them to call it a day they will offer more interesting and affordable stuff.
    4. Efforts such as this should be encouraged, not discouraged, IMO.
  • @LinearLineman said:
    My opinion:

1. The AudioKit folks gave their Synth1 and its code free to the world, and many folks, who are not devs, made use of it... TAQsim and now the new EP House Mark1 which incorporated college kids in the effort, as examples
    2. 808 is under five bucks, who cares if it’s limited or not. Let them have a little marketing fun, they’re not in it for the money, obviously.
    3. Unless the naysayers encourage them to call it a day they will offer more interesting and affordable stuff.

Well said

• @LinearLineman said:
    My opinion:

Agreed!

• @LinearLineman said:
    My opinion:

Hear, hear!

• Anyone else having issues with the newest update? It seems to be bugging out on iOS 13.

• @DukeWonder said:
    Anyone else having issues with the newest update? It seems to be bugging out on iOS 13.

None whatsoever on iPad Air2 iOS 13.7.

• @LinearLineman said:
    My opinion:

This ^^

• tjatja
    edited November 2020

I bought LE01, 02 and 03.

Just to support AudioKit, even as i did not really like the idea of Limited Editions.

But as much as i would have preferred to see those as regular Apps, i even like it less that they are now sold again.

Yes, for the Apps, for AudioKit and for the customers, this is way better.

But in summary, we were simply lied at.
    And this i really don't like.

I did stop buying stuff from AudioKit and did already not get HOUSE.

Also, i keep reading that AudioKit App prove to be problematic in hosts and simply don't get fixed.

As much as i liked the developers and his / her / its ideas initially, right now they are out for me.
    There was not even any reasoning or explanation, nothing.