Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Gypsy / GeoViolin

I wrote this melody thirty years ago. It has been waiting patiently for the SWAM Violin. Worth the wait, IMO. Supported by Module KApro Ensemble Strings and BASSalicious. I played this on my Midi controller adding vibrato and expression on the GeoShred UI.

GeoShred and Cubasis3 working together flawlessly. GeoShred is the app of the year as far as I’m concerned. The SWAM instruments put it over the top. Much thanks and congratulations to @moForte and @audiomodeling!

Comments

• stunning. absolutely great composition. thanks for sharing.

• @LinearLineman I agree with @shinyisshiny ; Stunning!

Remarkable realism, a beautifully written piece!

• Sweet. Keep em coming.

• Well done..That is excellent sir.

• @LinearLineman that was beautiful and truly sounded realistic. I’m curious to hear more songs from the vault played on “today’s instruments.”

• I love these hyper-realistic pieces. It really validates all my investments in IOS hoping for the right tools to make something like this.

As a conductor, I'd ask the bass player to use a softer attack. As an IOS fan I'd add a little "Attack Softner" to the rinse cycle.

• Thank you @shinyisshiny and @Intrepolicious. High praise indeed!
    Thanks for listening and liking @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr and @sippy_cup. Got the SWAM Sax, but find it more difficult for expressiveness on a midi controller than the violin.
    Thanks @mjcouche. I may have a couple more worth doing with the SWAMs.

@McD, thank you. What exactly does hyper or photorealistic mean in this context? More authentic or exaggerated authenticity?

• Very realistic, definitely, great job @LinearLineman.
    So good to have these tools available finally in AUv3 format. And even better that they don't have the midi restrictions we feared they would after all.

• @LinearLineman said:
    I wrote this melody thirty years ago. It has been waiting patiently for the SWAM Violin. Worth the wait, IMO. Supported by Module KApro Ensemble Strings and BASSalicious. I played this on my Midi controller adding vibrato and expression on the GeoShred UI.

GeoShred and Cubasis3 working together flawlessly. GeoShred is the app of the year as far as I’m concerned. The SWAM instruments put it over the top. Much thanks and congratulations to @moForte and @audiomodeling!

so you played this in a midi keyboard, and then used your finger to play vibrato and expression on the geoshred app?
    do you setup vibrato and expression on the day pad at top of screen in geoshred?
    or did you just find the same note on the geoshred keyboard and do vibrato that way?
    the reason i ask is because it sounds so damn good. 👍🏻

• @LinearLineman said:
    @McD, thank you.

You are quite welcome.

What exactly does hyper or photorealistic mean in this context?

hyper = "too many notes"
    photorealistic = "creates perfect imagery"

More authentic or exaggerated authenticity?

ME: I'll exaggerate and go with "authentic" for $50, Alex.

ALEX TREBEK: Phrase your answer in the form of a question:

ME: "What apps sound like real instruments on IOS?"

• @eross, I played the keyboard with my right and smushed the expression box and vibrato slider with my left. In one small section toward the end I recorded over the track and punched in the 1st Harmonic. By gum, it worked! Thanks for liking it.

@McD i ask because in art there is something called “super realism” which is a hyped up reality... kind of where you think you’re on acid when you look at something. To imagine that quality in a musical instrument is wondrous, indeed. I don’t think we’re there yet. I’m guessing I will just two more SWAMs for now. The Cello and flute.

• @LinearLineman said:

@McD i ask because in art there is something called “super realism” which is a hyped up reality... kind of where you think you’re on acid when you look at something. To imagine that quality in a musical instrument is wondrous, indeed. I don’t think we’re there yet. I’m guessing I will just two more SWAMs for now. The Cello and flute.

With electronic music, attempts at realism are mostly distracting to me as a listener. Just give me a good sound that is authentic to itself and not some external model.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr, I totally agree and hear stuff that way, but most listeners do no not, I think.
    Still, a realistic instrument is a specific sound that is very useful and satisfying.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @McD i ask because in art there is something called “super realism".

Good point. I need to use my art terms with more historical perspective and not just
    throw words into an ABF Salad w/ croutons.

These new tracks are realistic. Very convincing and will get past the first time listener that
    has no context for the music production tools. Nothing jumps out at you and screams "Synthetic" or the more derisive "Plastic". If it didn't sound good I'd use ersatz which has an implied obvious lack of quality compared to the original.

We seem to have moved from past ersatz, through plastic to a genuine synthesis of natural sounds. We live in interesting times and don't even need to leave the house to stay current.

• @McD, it’s a big deal on iOS for sure. The desktoppers have had it all to themselves for too long!

• @LinearLineman said:
    @McD, it’s a big deal on iOS for sure. The desktoppers have had it all to themselves for too long!

You can imagine that 98% of desktop users just don't have many Plug-ins and just use what the DAW provides and get a lot of value. Of course, I'm sure there are a few that just buy plug-ins as the new stuff rolls out just like we do but with much greater impact on their
    discretionary spending for other categories like and food and shelter.

• That gave me goosebumps @LinearLineman <3

• Thank you @oddSTAR. Goosebumps are very good!