Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GeoSwam: How to send midi in from apps like Fugue Machine to play SWAM sounds in Geoshred!

How to send midi in from apps like Fugue Machine to play SWAM sounds in Geoshred!

In this video I show how it actually IS possible to play the GeoSwam sounds in Geoshred with regular midi, not only mpe midi! That means you can now use your favourite arps - like Fugue Machine as I use here - to play realistic sounding cello, violin, flute, oboe, clarinet and sax!!! This is extremely useful and will convince more people to invest in these great sounds, I am sure. Shout out to Ion677, Cuscolima and McD from the Audiobus Forum for pointing out how to do this.

If you find this useful, please give it a like, etc, cheers!

Comments

• Edit: Fugue Machine, not Fugie Machine, lol

• Had a feeling Fugie Machine could do this

Thanks for this and the users that pointed it out

• edited October 2020

Fugie Machine is that other one that only arps various versions of ‘Killing Me Softly’ lol

• I’ve made it work with the Killing Game 😂

• Reference:

• edited October 2020

And even more need for ATOM 2... now.

Thanks..

Edit.. ATOM 1 seems to work..

• Thanks @Gavinski. Thumbs up. Lately I’ve been using only Geoshred 💪

• @Charlesalbert said:
    Thanks @Gavinski. Thumbs up. Lately I’ve been using only Geoshred 💪

Now that this can take midi in it really is a serious gamechanger and you can expect to see me using it constantly in videos!

• @RajahP but you set it to send out on channels other than channel 1, right?

• This is the game changer... lol

• @Gavinski said:

@Charlesalbert said:
    Thanks @Gavinski. Thumbs up. Lately I’ve been using only Geoshred 💪

Now that this can take midi in it really is a serious gamechanger and you can expect to see me using it constantly in videos!

But the game changer you wrote about last week is not this😜😜😜

• Charles, I'm sure you've got more than enough new toys to play with, all shall be revealed in good time 😜

• @Gavinski said:
    @RajahP but you set it to send out on channels other than channel 1, right?

Yep..

• By the way, good solution - which I had forgotten about and which someone mentioned in the comments - for apps which can only send midi on channel 1 (like Ioniarics) is to route those apps first through the Midi Route app which is part of the 'Midi Tools' app collection. In Midi Route you just set the channel to another channel of your choice, other than 1. Easy peasy, works great.

• Hiya! Trying to make 4 SWAM's happen like Gavinski did in the tutorial - can only get up to 2 and then the third and fourth (yes, on channels other than 1) return this error message:

"Presets using the GeoSWAM instruments can be performed from the GeoShred Keyboard or MPE controllers only"

Is there something I am missing? Thanks!

details and more thoughts here:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Ipadmusician/permalink/3480550931999496

• @michaeloreilly said:
    Hiya! Trying to make 4 SWAM's happen like Gavinski did in the tutorial

That only happens when something on Channel 1 gets to GeoShred... either the keyboard
    or have something on the first channel in Fugue Machine. The key board in AUM has a "wrench" icon where you can change the MIDI channel and just avoid slot #1 in Polythemus
    to avoid sending any channel one. You might also consider putting everything MIDI through a MIDI FX app that catches and re-routes channel 1 traffic as an additional level of insurance.

It definitely doable.

• Thanks McD! I'll keep that in mind and give it another shot.

@McD said:

@michaeloreilly said:
    Hiya! Trying to make 4 SWAM's happen like Gavinski did in the tutorial

That only happens when something on Channel 1 gets to GeoShred... either the keyboard
    or have something on the first channel in Fugue Machine. The key board in AUM has a "wrench" icon where you can change the MIDI channel and just avoid slot #1 in Polythemus
    to avoid sending any channel one. You might also consider putting everything MIDI through a MIDI FX app that catches and re-routes channel 1 traffic as an additional level of insurance.

It definitely doable.

• By the way, i have a code for the PizzBass to give away on the community tab of my youtube channel. Can't post links to community posts unfortunately, but if you are following me, all you have to do is comment on that post

https://youtube.com/c/Gavinski’sTutorials

• @Gavinski said:
    By the way, i have a code for the PizzBass to give away on the community tab of my youtube channel. Can't post links to community posts unfortunately, but if you are following me, all you have to do is comment on that post

https://youtube.com/c/Gavinski’sTutorials

This is weird. It says I need to be on a computer or have the latest version of the app to view community page. I do have the latest version though…