Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Love the new Geo Tenor Sax (SWAM) instrument in GeoShred!

And I’ve finally came around to iBassist! For some pieces anyway.

Whipped up this little jam today as I was trying out that new sexy saxophone 🎷

Comments

• edited October 2020

@Intrepolicious said:

BEAUTIFUL! GeoShred owes you money.. 😎

Must be a way to record/playback those performances.. maybe ATOM 2 does MPE..

Nice..

• Good growling, Ed. It seems this is the best sax on iOS. But I don’t get what @RajahP is saying.... it’s obviously recorded. Please enlighten me.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Good growling, Ed. It seems this is the best sax on iOS. But I don’t get what @RajahP is saying.... it’s obviously recorded. Please enlighten me.

I guess it's more about recording MIDI here...

• @rs2000 ... it won’t record midi cause why? Noise mpe records in midi.

• @RajahP said:

@Intrepolicious said:

Nice..

Photon can record MPE streams (since it records all MIDI data on all channels) I believe. I think Cubasis 3 records MPE, too.

• @RajahP said:

@Intrepolicious said:

Nice..

Thanks!

You mean record the MPE expression movement as automation? I get that, but I don’t see where I’d ever really need it myself. I mean, an expressive instrument like this, I like to record live to an audio track anyway. Much like a guitar track; I wouldn’t program a robot to come stand in and play the guitar for me.

• Ed, you are declaring war on robot substitutes! I definitely want to plug in those bots to my midi tracks.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Ed, you are declaring war on robot substitutes! I definitely want to plug in those bots to my midi tracks.

lol more of a peace treaty! The bots can handle my backing tracks and rhythm, as long as they keep their mitts of of my guitars (and saxophones?)

• @ipadbeatmaking said:
    Nice vibes!

Thank you!

I only had that beat going for about 3 hours while I noodled around with the Geo Sax. I figured I’d only subject you guys to a 4 minute portion.

• Liking the growl on the Sax indeed, good job!

• @Gavinski said:
    Liking the growl on the Sax indeed, good job!

Thank you!

I say good job to the team at Wizdom Music and MoForte for creating such an expressive instrument.

I believe the Geo Cello is next on my radar...

• Jesus............. this is SO SOLID!!!!! I see you have the finger expression turned on. I need to set my iPad flat and experiment with that. This is so beautiful.

• @espiegel123 said:

@RajahP said:

@Intrepolicious said:

Nice..

Photon can record MPE streams (since it records all MIDI data on all channels) I believe. I think Cubasis 3 records MPE, too.

Only problem with Photon is that it had problems with sustain pedal messages which is why I had to, reluctantly, stop using it to record piano motifs midi into.

@Intrepolicious said:

@RajahP said:

@Intrepolicious said:

Nice..

Thanks!

You mean record the MPE expression movement as automation? I get that, but I don’t see where I’d ever really need it myself. I mean, an expressive instrument like this, I like to record live to an audio track anyway. Much like a guitar track; I wouldn’t program a robot to come stand in and play the guitar for me.

I think it could still be pretty cool to record mpe midi and just see what it sounds like triggering different mpe instruments

• edited October 2020

Excellent cop procedural show score. The growl gives it that extra seediness. (In case you think I'm putting you down with that compliment, I have like 10 songs in this vein, and they are all titled "In The Heat Of The Night"). Now I think I might buy this.

There's just something about a sax that is so seedy. Decadence at its finest. It's like a con man luring you in with false promises and a killer smile. You know there's something a little off, but everything he's saying just sounds so good.

Edit: now that I think about it, women must look at men in bars like a walking saxophone.

• @onerez said:
    Jesus............. this is SO SOLID!!!!! I see you have the finger expression turned on. I need to set my iPad flat and experiment with that. This is so beautiful.

Thanks! After seeing the videos of Jordan Rudess playing GeoShred with the iPad laying flat, it only makes sense.

• @Gavinski said:

@Intrepolicious said:

@RajahP said:

@Intrepolicious said:

Nice..

Thanks!

I think it could still be pretty cool to record mpe midi and just see what it sounds like triggering different mpe instruments

Oh it would be cool, and I’m sure there’s a practical purpose for recording mpe midi and automation for some types of arrangements.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Excellent cop procedural show score. The growl gives it that extra seediness. (In case you think I'm putting you down with that compliment, I have like 10 songs in this vein, and they are all titled "In The Heat Of The Night"). Now I think I might buy this.
    There's just something about a sax that is so seedy. Decadence at its finest. It's like a con man luring you in with false promises and a killer smile. You know there's something a little off, but everything he's saying just sounds so good.

Edit: now that I think about it, women must look at men in bars like a walking saxophone.

Hehe I’ll take the compliment and agree with the sentiment entirely!

• @onerez said:
    Jesus............. this is SO SOLID!!!!! I see you have the finger expression turned on. I need to set my iPad flat and experiment with that. This is so beautiful.

Definitely it's better played flat! Also, tip of the day: if you are using this with an mpe controller, you still need to turn on finger expression if you want to play it more expressively on your controller.

• @oat_phipps said:

So much of this. Well done @Intrepolicious

• @espiegel123 said:

@RajahP said:

@Intrepolicious said:

Nice..

Thanks... will give those a shot.. > @Intrepolicious said:

@RajahP said:

@Intrepolicious said:

Nice..

Thanks!

well.. > @Intrepolicious said:

@Gavinski said:

@Intrepolicious said:

@RajahP said:

@Intrepolicious said:

Nice..

Thanks!

Oh it would be cool, and I’m sure there’s a practical purpose for recording mpe midi and automation for some types of arrangements.

Yes.. and we can experiment with all these cool AUs like Cality on multiple instances of GeoShred..

• @espiegel123 said:

@RajahP said:

@Intrepolicious said:

Nice..

Yes, Photon records and plays back... Maybe 'we' can ping for ATOM2? The PianoRoll editing will ... well..

• @Gavinski said:

@onerez said:

Definitely it's better played flat! Also, tip of the day: if you are using this with an mpe controller, you still need to turn on finger expression if you want to play it more expressively on your controller.

Laying flat on a sturdy surface is definitely the best where you can get both hands in on the action. I have however seen video of J. Rudess playing Morphwiz with the iPad in his lap, as well as the many videos where he has it flat on a table/desk.

This is the kind of instrument that’ll me go out and buy an MPE controller. (Maybe!)

• @mjcouche said:

@oat_phipps said:

So much of this. Well done @Intrepolicious

Thank you for listening!

• @RajahP said:

@espiegel123 said:

@RajahP said:

@Intrepolicious said:

Nice..

Thanks... will give those a shot.. > @Intrepolicious said:

@RajahP said:

@Intrepolicious said:

Nice..

Thanks!

well.. > @Intrepolicious said:

@Gavinski said:

@Intrepolicious said:

@RajahP said:

@Intrepolicious said:

Nice..

Thanks!

Yes.. and we can experiment with all these cool AUs like Cality on multiple instances of GeoShred..

Looking up “Cality” right now! Thanks!

• Great groove to jam on + the sax fit perfectly..
    After hearing this in this context, I’m rethinking which Swam instrument to get first.. I had Cello as 1st pick but this might have changed it.. Should just save up for the bundle I suppose and go all-in.. Would love to hear their version of a trumpet.. mute optional of course..

• @royor said:
    Great groove to jam on + the sax fit perfectly..
    After hearing this in this context, I’m rethinking which Swam instrument to get first.. I had Cello as 1st pick but this might have changed it.. Should just save up for the bundle I suppose and go all-in.. Would love to hear their version of a trumpet.. mute optional of course..

In the right hands they're all no doubt lovely, but, as mentioned, I bought Sax and Cello off the bat, am happy with both, but expected Cello to be #1 and Sax to be a bit of a sentimental flyer....but, now feel the other way around...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@royor said:

In the right hands they're all no doubt lovely, but, as mentioned, I bought Sax and Cello off the bat, am happy with both, but expected Cello to be #1 and Sax to be a bit of a sentimental flyer....but, now feel the other way around...

Appreciate the insight.. Well that settles it then.. I’ll just have to save up for the bundle! 🤣

• @royor said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@royor said:

Appreciate the insight.. Well that settles it then.. I’ll just have to save up for the bundle! 🤣

Quick. Do it. Before you get otherwise ensnared...

• @royor said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@royor said:

@royor said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@royor said:

I had the same dilemma over which one to buy first. I then thought “well, I already have plenty of strings; the ThumbJam Cellos, plus BeatHawk and Pure Synth Platinum both have a fine selection of String ensembles. Of course I knowing that none are going to be as expressive as these new SWAM instruments.

I got the Geo Tenor Sax first because it’s one instrument that seemed lacking on iOS. There is a couple in either TJ or BH IIRC, but none that were very inspiring sound wise. With this Geo Tenor Sax, we now have that “Sax sound” covered!