Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Top quality stretch and pitch for use in Blocswave

It took me a while to finally realize this obvious solution, so maybe some others also don’t realize it.

I have pitch n time from serato sample on my Mac but I never use that. So I always wanted that on iOS of course. But for my purposes it’s easy enough to get the same quality results (to my ear) by simply using DJay Pro. Just do the stretching before you go to Blocs and it’s pretty fast work.

First make sure you turn off auto gain and audio limiter off in the mixer settings. And change recording to WAV.

Since we use Blocs to chop after, it’s fast enough to simply listen to your song you want to sample in djay (after exporting from YouTube in beat time), here you get the bpm and key. Then change them as you see fit and go back to the start of the song and hit record. Listen to the song then export.

The limitation is 20% stretching but I think that’s ok for the most part. Even if we had serato sample I don’t know that it would be a better workflow because blocs wave is pretty hard to beat in that regard. It’s just the time stretching isn’t as good. You can clip launch from anywhere, it’s the sampling itself that is so nice in Blocs.

Comments

  • I tested it with a little cover (of sorts) of Iron Galaxy and I think it sounds great. (Btw I used rrs bass enhanser, WOOTT and Bark Filter on the original audio and those sound great too!). Coming up on 20 yrs—the cold vein!!

  • Thanks for the info - I'll try this for sure. Blocs Wave in itself is good until I tried to export the build-in clips and transpose /time-stretch in Logic and Serato Sample, then the lower quality of Blocs algorithm is quite clear!

  • Ah, no. I mean what I said, it being the most popular one. But who knows. One assumes a lot of the dj apps use good timestretch. They wouldn’t be very useful if they didn’t. I’m just saying given that pitch n time is the gold standard, I think that djay sounds pretty much like that. But it’s your choice. That part of the functionality of it is free, but there are others.

  • edited October 22

    Logic stretch is far better than anything else I try such as Ableton live bigwig ...
    On iOS BeatMaker has the best, on pair with Ableton but still far from logic quality.

  • @Jeezs said:
    Logic stretch is far better than anything else I try such as Ableton live bigwig ...
    On iOS BeatMaker has the best, on pair with Ableton but still far from logic quality.

    I agree although i prefer Maschine time stretch to Logic.

  • @WillieNegus said:

    @Jeezs said:
    Logic stretch is far better than anything else I try such as Ableton live bigwig ...
    On iOS BeatMaker has the best, on pair with Ableton but still far from logic quality.

    I agree although i prefer Maschine time stretch to Logic.

    Dunno about maschine time stretch.
    If it’s better and when maschine will be class compliant I may kill my wallet.

  • @Jeezs said:

    @WillieNegus said:

    @Jeezs said:
    Logic stretch is far better than anything else I try such as Ableton live bigwig ...
    On iOS BeatMaker has the best, on pair with Ableton but still far from logic quality.

    I agree although i prefer Maschine time stretch to Logic.

    Dunno about maschine time stretch.
    If it’s better and when maschine will be class compliant I may kill my wallet.

    Aw man...class compliant. A man can wish.

    However I doubt they’ll ever do that because if they did the new Maschine+ would take a huge hit. Many folks would just buy Mk3 to control BM3, NS2, Zenbeats, etc. to run as a standalone and it would imo be the best by far.

  • edited October 22

    @WillieNegus said:

    @Jeezs said:

    @WillieNegus said:

    @Jeezs said:
    Logic stretch is far better than anything else I try such as Ableton live bigwig ...
    On iOS BeatMaker has the best, on pair with Ableton but still far from logic quality.

    I agree although i prefer Maschine time stretch to Logic.

    Dunno about maschine time stretch.
    If it’s better and when maschine will be class compliant I may kill my wallet.

    Aw man...class compliant. A man can wish.

    However I doubt they’ll ever do that because if they did the new Maschine+ would take a huge hit. Many folks would just buy Mk3 to control BM3, NS2, Zenbeats, etc. to run as a standalone and it would imo be the best by far.

    They announce it’ll be class compliant in a future version.
    It was a video from NI on YouTube, if I found it again I’ll post it here

  • Anyone have an opinion on Beathawk time stretch ?

  • @Jeezs said:
    Anyone have an opinion on Beathawk time stretch ?

    Not as good as BeatMaker unfortunately. A lot depends on the source material and how much you are time stretching the material.

Sign In or Register to comment.