Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Geoshred 5.0 with Swam Sounds released - full review & walkthrough vid

Geoshred 5.0 with Swam Sounds released - full review & walkthrough vid (5 IAPs TO GIVE AWAY!!! )

This video review and walkthrough looks at the new IAPs in Geoshred 5.0 update and helps you a) decide if they are right for you, b) shows you how to use them in Geoshred c) compares the benefits of playing onscreen versus using an mpe controller such as the Seaboard or Morph. These cost $15 dollars a pop, $75 dollars for the collection of 6 beautiful and expressive acoustic-modeled instruments: Tenor Sax, Violin, Cello, Clarinet, Oboe, Flute. I have 5 copies of single IAP purchases (not the collection) to give away to subscribers to the channel watching in the first 2 days of release of this video! See the pinned comment at the top of the YouTube comments section for details).

There are also time stamps in the video info section

Comments

• Oh, the combo with Velvet Machine was a nice touch

• edited October 2020

Yeah, I thought it would be nice to give velvet machine a plug - when I made this velvet machine was still not released but I had Yuri's permission 😜.

By the way folks, this video is embedded but I would still really appreciate of you watch in youtube, comment etc if if you don't want an IAP. An insane amount of work was involved in this including seriously major bug testing with seaboard and using in AUM, which involved a major amount of correspondence with the devs. This was easily the most time consuming project I've worked on for the channel to date.

• I noticed I went back in time ;)

@Gavinski said:
    Yeah, I thought it would be nice to give velvet machine a plug - when Iade this velvet machine was still not released but I had Yuri's permission 😜

• I’d like to test this with Saturn 2 + probably too many fx apps on top of that. Mostly with the cello

• Yes, I almost used Saturn 2 in this vid but as you can see it got quite long enough without anyore detours. And yeah, the cello would definitely be my first choice for a combo with that kind of dirtmaker. In fact, the cello would probably be my choice of IAP for this in general if I could only choose one IAP. Would be interested to hear other ppl's preferences.

• @Gavinski said:
    Geoshred 5.0 with Swam Sounds released - full review & walkthrough vid (5 IAPs TO GIVE AWAY!!! )

This video review and walkthrough looks at the new IAPs in Geoshred 5.0 update and helps you a) decide if they are right for you, b) shows you how to use them in Geoshred c) compares the benefits of playing onscreen versus using an mpe controller such as the Seaboard or Morph. These cost $15 dollars a pop, $75 dollars for the collection of 6 beautiful and expressive acoustic-modeled instruments: Tenor Sax, Violin, Cello, Clarinet, Oboe, Flute. I have 5 copies of single IAP purchases (not the collection) to give away to subscribers to the channel watching in the first 2 days of release of this video! See the pinned comment at the top of the YouTube comments section for details).

There are also time stamps in the video info section

Great video. Impressive sounds.

• Thanks @espiegel123. It was very important to me also here to clarify the differences between this, the upcoming Audio Modeling app, and the SWAM sounds in Roli Noise, so I think this video is really essential viewing for anyone considering purchasing.

• Great video, Gavin.

• Thanks! @LinearLineman

By the way folks, I finally bit the bullet and started a Twitter. If anyone wants to keep Bram Bos and the other random stranger who are the only people following me so far company 😂, my twitter is @gavinski_s

• Great Great Video!!! But Man your battery percentage was freaking me out. LOL. I get nervous when I hit below 50%. 😂

• edited October 2020

I have an important question before I buy. I am a seaboard user, I have a very specific set up that works amazing with the SWAM brass, but I’m unsure whether GeoShred would allow it. Is it possible to map cc74 to vibrato depth or amount when using a seaboard?

I’m sure the default preset is to have growl, flutter or bow pressure on cc74. Playing quiet legato notes with vibrato is difficult on the seaboard. It’s either loud with good vibrato, or quiet with weak vibrato. My way around it is to map vibrato depth to cc74, which means a good vibrato isn’t dependent on how much I shake the seaboard squishy stuff, but based on finger placement instead.

If this is a possible mapping, I would definitely jump on a few of these instruments while waiting for Audio Modeling to release the full products on iOS.

• @FriedTapeworm said:
    I have an important question before I buy. I am a seaboard user, I have a very specific set up that works amazing with the SWAM brass, but I’m unsure whether GeoShred would allow it. Is it possible to map cc74 to vibrato depth or amount when using a seaboard?

I’m sure the default preset is to have growl, flutter or bow pressure on cc74. Playing quiet legato notes with vibrato is difficult on the seaboard. It’s either loud with good vibrato, or quiet with weak vibrato. My way around it is to map vibrato depth to cc74, which means a good vibrato isn’t dependent on how much I shake the seaboard squishy stuff, but based on finger placement instead.

If this is a possible mapping, I would definitely jump on a few of these instruments while waiting for Audio Modeling to release the full products on iOS.

I think it would be better if @moForte popped in to answer that

• By the way, I can't remember if it was mentioned in the other thread, but you can't upgrade to the collection from single purchases. It is some limit of the app store, maybe there are no 'bundles' for IAPs? Again, @moForte could comment. Anyway, worth bearing in mind that if you think you will end up getting the bundle, just buy it from the get go. Unfortunate, but that's the way it is, more Apple restrictions.

• @Gavinski A M A Z I N G my friend.

Really top quality video. Every video you rise the level.

Thanks so much.

• Thanks @Charlesalbert, there is a lot more talking than playing in the early part of the video than I normally do, but it's extremely important info there. Glad you enjoyed!

• Quite a tricky video to plan too, as the interface changes from preset to preset, there's a lot to go into!

• @Gavinski said:
    Thanks @Charlesalbert, there is a lot more talking than playing in the early part of the video than I normally do, but it's extremely important info there. Glad you enjoyed!

Just to evaluate if invest impulsively a lung in iap purchases (money well spent this time). Is the wallet killing app of imminent release expensive as swam instruments? Not to extort secret information about mysterious app, just to evaluate if I can go with both purchases😂😂😂

• Haha, no, not as expensive as the IAP collection of Geoshred but more expensive than a single IAP. Anyway, Charles we all know you can't say no to any new app, good, crappy, cheap, expensive, whatever. So let's face it, this info isn't gonna make a damn bit of difference to whether you buy or not 😂😂

• Looking forward to this one, going to be hard to pick one, or two, or three but cello sticks out, maybe oboe clarinet flute fight out...

• edited October 2020

what is SWAM? not a Geoshred user and I am absolutely clueless with acronyms

And whats up with the tacky sparkly things on geoshred...

• @Krupa I would be really damn pushed to choose one. I love the cello but they're all good, oboe is lovely

• @sippy_cup said:
    what is SWAM? not a Geoshred user and I am absolutely clueless with acronyms

Some very natural sounding acoustic modeled instruments. Google 'audio modeling swam' to go to audio modeling's site, or search using those terms on youtube for more info

• I’m already having so much fun with the module cello this week, though it’s missing pitch bend, polyphonic though...

• @Gavinski said:
    Haha, no, not as expensive as the IAP collection of Geoshred but more expensive than a single IAP. Anyway, Charles we all know you can't say no to any new app, good, crappy, cheap, expensive, whatever. So let's face it, this info isn't gonna make a damn bit of difference to whether you buy or not 😂😂

So true 😂😂😂

• @Krupa said:
    I’m already having so much fun with the module cello this week, though it’s missing pitch bend, polyphonic though...

Nice to have the option of polyphony. Is that bundled with Module or an IAP? I almost never used Module because I mostly wanted it for piano but found I preferred Ravenscroft, even compared to one of the Grand Piano IAPs I bought, and it was IAA, but I should dip in again now that it is AU.

• edited October 2020

@Gavinski said:

@Krupa said:
    I’m already having so much fun with the module cello this week, though it’s missing pitch bend, polyphonic though...

Nice to have the option of polyphony. Is that bundled with Module or an IAP? I almost never used Module because I mostly wanted it for piano but found I preferred Ravenscroft, even compared to one of the Grand Piano IAPs I bought, and it was IAA, but I should dip in again now that it is AU.

I just tried the free version of module, which as well as having a few instruments of its own, lets you demo the iaps - cello is in the orchestral pack. Turned my head when I played it, and stopped me messing about with sound fonts, though I still want to get better with finger fiddle :)

• @onerez said:
    Great Great Video!!! But Man your battery percentage was freaking me out. LOL. I get nervous when I hit below 50%. 😂

Cheers haha, and me too. I have to say, using a Bluetooth keyboard really seems to kill my battery. The hyperdrive thing I bought so I could use headphones while charging with my USB c Pro broke within months, and actually it wouldn't take mic in anyway, just audio out. So I currently don't have a way of charging while doing vids. I'll slip the anti-apple rant, I've done it a few times here already haha.

• Module cello is polyphonic, Gavin. Pretty hard to beat. It's part of the KApro orchestra in app. Here’s something I did with it....

• Great overview!

• @LinearLineman said:
    Module cello is polyphonic, Gavin. Pretty hard to beat. It's part of the KApro orchestra in app. Here’s something I did with it....

This was really lovely. I forgot I had it playing off this website while I was checking my phone and thought I'd just had some background music going. I really like it, thank you for making it and for sharing it with me.