Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Josh Johnson: Freedom Excercise |thank me later ;-)

Comments

• I’m in. This is magic.

• @kinkujin said:
    I’m in. This is magic.

Agreed. Glad it reached you well 🙏🏽. 856, Western Ave and False Choices are my fav at the moment but I’ve been letting it play through and I really dig em all. I’m definitely grabbing the vinyl tomm.

• nice!! just added to my spotify to check out. thanks for sharing. Ive been really into Kamasi washinton lately as well.

• also, this is a bit of a stretch, but this album is so insane. watch the whole thing, so unique and fresh.

• Dude. This album is freaking amazing. Thank you @WillieNegus great end of the week present to open a great and stellar weekend. 🙏🏼💕

• @echoopera said:
    Dude. This album is freaking amazing. Thank you @WillieNegus great end of the week present to open a great and stellar weekend. 🙏🏼💕

Happy to hear these vibrations impacted you the same way. I’m on my 48th hour of this playing through to the end. Next, I’ll be hunting down the individual artists he worked with on the project.

This album even has me considering a Komplete 13 upgrade to Collectors Edition so I can beef up the quality of my acoustic library. I love how he blended modern synths and drum grooves with jazz, classic and “freedom” styles. So inspiring.

@shinyisshiny said:
    also, this is a bit of a stretch, but this album is so insane. watch the whole thing, so unique and fresh.

Thanks for the rec! We def have atleast partially kindred ears. I’m also into Kamasi and Chassol. Big Sun and Ludi are very well represented in my playlists. His exploration of sound and use of Nature samples is fresh. I’ll certainly be adding some Indiamore after my Josh Johnson weekend. 🙏🏽

• @shinyisshiny said:
    also, this is a bit of a stretch, but this album is so insane. watch the whole thing, so unique and fresh.

Excellent stuff, thanks for posting!!

• @shinyisshiny said:
    nice!! just added to my spotify to check out. thanks for sharing. Ive been really into Kamasi washinton lately as well.

Kamasi is fantastic. This is one of my favorites. His father is playing flute on this one.

• @WillieNegus that Cremona Quartet collection in Komplete sounds awesome. Ive been thinking about taking the leap as well. maybe a black friday deal?

• @shinyisshiny said:
    @WillieNegus that Cremona Quartet collection in Komplete sounds awesome. Ive been thinking about taking the leap as well. maybe a black friday deal?

That was my thinking but albums like these make it soooo hard to wait man.lol. So inspired and....working from home so making music has never been this accessible. I just upgraded from 12 to 13 and I’ll likely go the rest of the way to Ultimate or Collectors on Black Friday.

Do they usually include the latest instruments in the 50% off sales? I’d think that would make launch day buyers piiiiiiiisssssed!😬

• I have a couple of Kamasi albums; I wasn't familiar with the other artistes.The Josh Johnson album is wonderful. Just downloaded the Chassol Indiamore vid in HD to watch later; really enjoying the clips I've seen so far. Thanks for the recommendations.

• @rcf said:
    I have a couple of Kamasi albums; I wasn't familiar with the other artistes.The Josh Johnson album is wonderful. Just downloaded the Chassol Indiamore vid in HD to watch later; really enjoying the clips I've seen so far. Thanks for the recommendations.

Np, glad you enjoyed.

I hope everyone is encouraged to drop off inspiring recommendations along this vibe. We’re all so lucky to have so much culture and expression so easily accessible. The album I posted was immediately impactful for me.

If I didn’t share it...what would that say about me?😬

• The Chassol Indiamore film was beautiful; a joyous thing. Nice cinematography, with very clever arrangements and editing too.

• edited October 18

@shinyisshiny said:
    nice!! just added to my spotify to check out. thanks for sharing. Ive been really into Kamasi washinton lately as well.

Amazing album that one and the song The magnificent 7 is out of this world. My two cents ADHD from iceland and GoGo Penguin and let me add a band that has nothing to do with jazz, Brass Against, they play covers of rage against the machine and other bands

• “You’re not alone / Give me your hands / You’re wonderful”

• Great recommendation Willie. This guy has done a lot of great beats n jazz inspired stuff recently, if you don't know it I'm sure you'd absolutely love it.
    Not to mention all the amazing nu skool London jazzers out there now like Nubya Garcia

• @Gavinski said:
    Great recommendation Willie. This guy has done a lot of great beats n jazz inspired stuff recently, if you don't know it I'm sure you'd absolutely love it.
    Not to mention all the amazing nu skool London jazzers out there now like Nubya Garcia

You’re right. Haven’t heard a record I don’t like yet and he has a lot of work out there. Can’t believe I never heard of him before this week.

Nubya has been on the radar as well as Kemasi, dare I say they’re pretty much popular artists now. Deservedly so.

Josh was uncharted territory...for me. Now I’m exploring how ignorant I was.lol. He’s been a big deal apparently. I blame it on the sheer volume of music we have access to these days.

What a time to be alive!

• Great article here about some of the new London jazzers

• I’m in also. Great stuff! Thanks for the turn on.

• Thanks. Very interesting musician i never heard of. :)

• edited October 19

wierd but I like this.. miles away from my stuff but its there (not Davis)

• @noob said:
    wierd but I like this.. miles away from my stuff but its there (not Davis)

856 is also probably my fav track on the album atm. 🔥

Glad you enjoy @Vlad11 and @Crawlingwind 🙏🏽

• Very nice, going further on that father & son tip mentioned above, somewhat harsher ...

• British Jazz has been strong for a while. Glad it's finally getting the audience it deserves. So much talent.

Some additional names:
    Shabaka Hutchings
    The Comet is Coming
    Sons of Kemet
    Melt Yourself Down
    Mammal Hands
    Neil Cowley Trio (he was in the Brand New Heavies back in the day)
    Nubya Garcia

That Guardian article was cool, though it's kind of weird to suggest that African, soul and Caribbean influences are somehow a new thing. Also I feel that Polar Bear and Seb Rochford kind of got ignored there. They did a lot to make British Jazz relevant IMO.

• @Paul16 said:
    Very nice, going further on that father & son tip mentioned above, somewhat harsher ...

Really enjoyed that 🔥🙏🏽