Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Amplitube Orange amp simulator

edited April 2014 in General App Discussion

Has anyone tried this yet, looking for some impressions, how are the tones?

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id814350455?mt=8&uo=4&at=10l4Ky&ct=app-AmpliTube-Orange-For-iPad

Comments

• Did not know about it. I bought pretty much everything JamUp, BIAS and AmpKit+ had to offer, but I could not get into Amplitube. Tried all the free versions and just felt like they were low output and not as good as the "modeled" versions in the other apps. Plus their pricing scheme is off, though they do tend to go on sale quite a bit. But they've got the official licensing. Not interested, but thanks for posting.

• Don't need the pop ups and don't want anything to do with IK until they stop their ridiculous marketing schemes!

• edited April 2014

Wasn't tying to sell you, looking for opinions of this particular simulation.

I feel the same way as you about the ios amplitube series, which I have one of. My primary instrument is guitar and I have used and do use a variety of physical amps primarily, but I never discounted the simulators for recording. Mainly I use them for reinforcement or effects.

I own copies of bias/jamup pro and just about all the add ons (including the "or" one), bought them a while ago. They are descent (a bit harsh at times), but feel they do not stack up against Native instruments Guitar Rig on the desktop.

I was hoping someone would nail this amp on ios. Still looking for "user" reviews.

• Not a user review, but we do have audio demos posted if it helps at all:

• They haven't been doing popups for months now @Bootsy. Where have you been?

• Not true at all! I'm right here. Sampletank still gives two pop ups and I grand also! They slowed em down on sampletank for awhile but they're back full force!

• Just opened sampletank and got the ad for iloud and I groove. I own I groove.

• Someone should do a video demo of all those popup ads...

• edited April 2014

Nice sounding demos, @ikmultimedia , could you explain the chain used? Ax-interface-app-processing. Are we hearing purely the orange amp app? They sound a bit layered, if I'm wrong, then tell me I'm wrong.

This company is capable of some great sounds, which is what I'm after (igrand, ielectric).

Thanks

• Just opened sampletank and got the ad for iloud and I groove. I own I groove.

• It's one of the reasons I deleted all IK products. It is very intrusive.

• I just checked, I'm getting no pop ups in Amplitube, I do remember a video by a respected member stating that his pop ups when away after awhile, but I digress.

Still would like to hear a user's honest take on the tones. @DerekBuddemeyer perhaps

@flo26, your a player, are you convinced? Or like me, still waiting?

• @WMWM ok...here's the scoop...the Orange amps are probably the best amps in Amplitube. That being said....it's Amplitube. It's ok for practice...but...if you have something else (Overloud, JamUp, etc) I really don't see the need unless you have money to burn....the amps DO sound kind of authentic but they still fall short in some respects. I wouldn't use it for any professional recording....that's what my REAL Orange amp is for :)

• Also...I find with Amplitube...I really have to fight to get my sound out of the amps...I mean I really have to finger everything extra careful and make sure everything is well pronounced on MY end so it gets replicated by the software/app correctly (and I'm a pretty articulate player). Other amp sims seem to play like "butter" and lend themselves very well to my playing style...I'm trying not to bash because it's a cool looking app...but it's hard to dial in usable tones and by the time I've got everything how I want it...I'm too damn tired...and still left wanting more. Geez...probably gonna catch hell for that one!

• edited April 2014

Thanks bro. That's what I was looking for.

The wait continues.

• If they would implement the same DSP as their desktop software into the iPad app....I would be impressed...and give us the ability to bypass the cabinets...that would be cool. I could probably use it in recording then

• I'll do a demo tomorrow if I have time

• edited April 2014

I've used that desktop software, I was hoping the same for ios. Cab IR behind it on the audiobus chain. Looking at you @fiddlicator ;)

While I'm not a gigging musician right now, I work for a living (cue Dire Straits), I actually appreciate the amp sim's price/performance ratio.

Music is about the end product and the emotion it produces, however it's achieved, as long as it's achieved.

Looking foreword to the vids, when you get time.

• edited April 2014

I don’t have the AmpliTube Orange for iPhone/iPad, but I do have the Orange pack for the desktop version of AT. How the desktop version compares with the iOS version I cannot say—at least where Orange is concerned—but I will tell you I’m very happy with the tone from desktop AT and Orange.

As an example, here’s a two-minute clip I put together playing along with Black Sabbath’s “Wicked World”:

My guitar is in the left channel, and Mr. Iommi’s is in the right. Please note that I’ve added EQ and compression to my signal, but you should be able to accomplish the same thing on iOS—there’s no heavy lifting here.

• edited April 2014

Thanks @Flo26