Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Zeeon crashing in AUM

I’m still on iOS 13 and recently whenever I load Zeeon into AUM the synth crashes. Anyone else experiencing this?

Comments

• All good here. iOS 13.7 Air 2 and iPhone 7.

Reboot?

• @wim said:
    All good here. iOS 13.7 Air 2 and iPhone 7.

Reboot?

Yup. No luck.

• Have you tried starting it standalone?

• Mines Fine - iPad 6 2018 - iOS 13.7

Delete and reinstall is another step after the first 2 already mentioned, however be sure to backup presets.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Mines Fine - iPad 6 2018 - iOS 13.7

Delete and reinstall is another step after the first 2 already mentioned, however be sure to backup presets.

Didn’t work.

• _ki_ki
    edited October 2020

Are you perhaps on a Zeeon beta via testflight ? If a beta’s time-period runs out starting the app will just crash without further notice...

I‘m on IOS 13.6 and Zeeon AUv3 v1.54 loads fine in AUM v1.3.8 on my iPad Pro 10.5.

Edit: Now i realize, you already even tried to re-install, so it seems to be the App Store version. Who iPhone/iPad you are running AUM/Zeeon on ?

• edited October 2020

@_ki said:
    Are you perhaps on a Zeeon beta via testflight ? If a beta’s time-period runs out starting the app will just crash without further notice...

I‘m on IOS 13.6 and Zeeon AUv3 v1.54 loads fine in AUM v1.3.8 on my iPad Pro 10.5.

Edit: Now i realize, you already even tried to re-install, so it seems to be the App Store version. Who iPhone/iPad you are running AUM/Zeeon on ?

6th gen 9.7in with iOS 13.7.

When I try to load it in standalone, it says it's loading the Audio Unit (I guess that's normal as it's in a shell or wrapper?). In AUM, it loads for a second, then I open it and it crashes and says

BPST: Zeeon failed.
    Audio Unit plugin invalidated.

• Maybe @giku_beepstreet should have a look at the problem.

What is really strange, is that it seems to work for Poppadocrock using the same hardware (iPad 6) with the same IOS version (13.7).

Could you check for the AUM and Zeeon version numbers (in the app store, have a look at the version history) , even though i expect both to be current.

The standalone implements an AUv3 mapper, that loads the plugin.

Some more questions to narrow down the problem

• Do you have other AUv3 hosts you could try to load Zeeon AUv3 ?
    • Can you load other AUv3 in AUM without probelms ?
  • @slicetwo said:

@_ki said:

When I try to load it in standalone, it says it's loading the Audio Unit (I guess that's normal as it's in a shell or wrapper?). In AUM, it loads for a second, then I open it and it crashes and says

I can confirm the "Loading Audio Unit" message in standalone.

Just another suggestion: If you've created any user presets, try loading one of them in standalone.

• @slicetwo said:

@_ki said:

Loads fine on my iPad 6 iOS 13.7.1 both standalone and AU

• @_ki said:

It loads fine in AB3. I can load other AU in AUM.

@uncledave said:

Just another suggestion: If you've created any user presets, try loading one of them in standalone.

I can load my own presets fine.

• At this point, you might want to try over on the BeepStreet forum: https://forum.beepstreet.com/categories/zeeon

• @slicetwo said:

@_ki said:

It loads fine in AB3. I can load other AU in AUM.

@uncledave said:

I can load my own presets fine.

It sounds like something in the AUv3 loading process is incompatible between AUM and Zeeon. Do you have the current versions of both: AUM 1.3.8 and Zeeon 1.54?

• @slicetwo : Zeeon is working fine for me in AUM on iPad 6 with iOS 13.7.1 -- have you power-cycled your iPad (fully powering down then starting it up)?

• @espiegel123 said:
    @slicetwo : Zeeon is working fine for me in AUM on iPad 6 with iOS 13.7.1 -- have you power-cycled your iPad (fully powering down then starting it up)?

Many times.

• @uncledave said:

It sounds like something in the AUv3 loading process is incompatible between AUM and Zeeon. Do you have the current versions of both: AUM 1.3.8 and Zeeon 1.54?

Yup

• @slicetwo said:

@uncledave said:

Yup

Ugh. Do you get a crash log when this happens? Does it offer any hints? It might be helpful for the dev even if not for you. I'm not sure if these events get logged, just guessing. If you're not familiar, logs are at Settings –> Privacy –> Analytics & Improvements –> Analytics Data. Zeeon will be right at the end.

• @uncledave said:

@slicetwo said:

@uncledave said:

Yup

Ugh. Do you get a crash log when this happens? Does it offer any hints? It might be helpful for the dev even if not for you. I'm not sure if these events get logged, just guessing. If you're not familiar, logs are at Settings –> Privacy –> Analytics & Improvements –> Analytics Data. Zeeon will be right at the end.

I don’t see any logs for Zeeon. Bah.

• edited October 2020

I updated to iPadOS 14.1 and now even standalone Zeeon crashes... ugh. My favorite iOS synth is now useless. It does still load in AB3, which is weird.

• edited October 2020

Zeeon isn't working in AUM for me tonight, for what I think is the first time ever.

As soon as a MIDI note gets sent in, it crashes AUM.

iPad 6th gen and iOS 14.1

The strange thing is, I thought I was using it in AUM with no problem either last night or earlier today... with the same iOS version, etc.

edit: I just figured out my issue and it's working again here. I had set my Buffer size in AUM to the max 2048 frames this afternoon while recording many tracks simultaneously. Setting it back to 512 frames where I had it before makes Zeeon play normally again. Maybe that's helpful information?

• @RolandGarros said:
    Zeeon isn't working in AUM for me tonight, for what I think is the first time ever.

As soon as a MIDI note gets sent in, it crashes AUM.

iPad 6th gen and iOS 14.1

The strange thing is, I thought I was using it in AUM with no problem either last night or earlier today... with the same iOS version, etc.

edit: I just figured out my issue and it's working again here. I had set my Buffer size in AUM to the max 2048 frames this afternoon while recording many tracks simultaneously. Setting it back to 512 frames where I had it before makes Zeeon play normally again. Maybe that's helpful information?

So that did fix it, but I’ve always used 2048. I wonder what the deal is.