Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Soundcraft Notepad 12Fx weird issue

Hi everyone, I read the forum since quite some time now and it already helped me so much.
I hope someone will have the answer to my problem here.

So the mixer has 4 USB channels inputs. Mic 1 + 2 are fixed and you can choose the other inputs between Mic 3 + 4, Stereo 5/6, Stereo 7/8, or Mix L + R. You can change your parameter via an app on Windows and Mac.
The default preset seems to be Mic 3 + 4.

I have an IPad 2018 with IOS 13.1.
When I'm connecting it in AUM (I tried also with Cubasis and the issue was the same), the mixer act like if I had selected Mix L + R as parameter. So I'm enable to record the mics or instruments that are plugged in the 3 - 4 inputs.
I just end to have a huge feedback obviously.

So I tried to to change the parameter via the app and it doesn't work.

The funny thing is that I had a friend who brought his PC with Windows 10 and Ableton Live. We installed the driver and the thing worked like a charm.
So we savagely :) unplugged the mixer while Ableton was running and put it in my powered USB hub and the mixer this time somehow remembered the preset and I could use inputs 3 and 4 as mono inputs in AUM and finally use the thing as it was designed for.

The fact is as soon as I power down the Notepad it's getting back to the Mix L + R parameter and I can't use as a 4 inputs USB interface anymore.

Is there anyone who have an idea?
I guess there is three options: a faulty unit, some issues specifically with iOS, something really really obvious that I missed.

But I will be glad with any help I'm suppose to use it at the end of the week for a workshop with disabled persons.

Thanks a lot.

Greeegouar.

Comments

• edited October 2020

So after power-cycling it defaults back to MIX L+R for USB Outputs 3-4. And the iOS app doesn't work. Seems like this mixer was poorly designed.
    There a recent thread here with a similar issue with this model.

Maybe ask one of your colleagues to bring a laptop to the the workshop.