Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gear you regret buying 💸

Korg EA-1

Roland JP-8000

Roland MC-909

Yamaha A-3000

Every single windows desktop/laptop that I’ve ever owned

«1

Comments

  • Catherine Fiona Morello (not her real name).

  • Omg I liked the EA-1 lol, wish I still had it. I think strictly for nostalgia reasons because yeah on paper it’s kind of fuckin garbage.

    I don’t know I’ve ever regretted any gear, minus yes, bullshit Windows laptops and tablets I bought thinking it would make a difference. But I’ll be honest, I don’t buy a lot of hardware. I’m usually able to stop myself with my right brain before it happens

  • Peavey DPM SX

    This was a physical case of me not understanding how the word "sampler"
    didn't mean what I thought of as sampling. Expensive mistake. My next purchase was:

    Alesis QSR QS Composite Synthesis Rack

    Much better for a keyboard focused old timer... I got all the extra Sound Modules too.
    Fair piano for the 90's.

  • @jolico I've got a Yamaha A3000 that I've tried several times to give away and failed. I had good times with it, but it's well beyond obsolete. I can't chuck it though, in perfect working order, just migrates round my house, shed and old car on a decade long rotation. SCSI cd-rom and a Zip drive, man I thought I was living the future back then.

  • @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Catherine Fiona Morello (not her real name).

  • Gibson Les Paul Studio Raw (warped neck, misaligned neck)
    Marshall JCM900 trade for my silverface Fender Bassman 50

    Radikal Technologies Spectralis 2 (masochist's wet dream)
    'Oberheim' OB-Mx (fire hazard)
    Yamaha EX5 (love & hate it: SCSI transfers always corrupt, underpowered CPU, sloppy sequencer)
    TC Powercore 6000 (another masochist's fave)
    99% of Eurorack (waste of $$$)
    99% of Roland products with display (don't like their deep-dive menu system)

  • Deca Durabolin, gainz come from a lot of water bloat, then there’s the acne and fits of rage... wait... oooooh you mean like music gear. Uh, how do you delete a comment?

  • @steve99 said:
    @jolico I've got a Yamaha A3000 that I've tried several times to give away and failed. I had good times with it, but it's well beyond obsolete. I can't chuck it though, in perfect working order, just migrates round my house, shed and old car on a decade long rotation. SCSI cd-rom and a Zip drive, man I thought I was living the future back then.

    I loved my A3000 waaaay back in the day. Ended up using it more as an FX unit than a full on sampler and barely touched my scsi hard drive that I hooked up to it. It was all very under utilized given it’s potential and the price I paid as I got into software solutions right around that time. I still use lots of sample fodder to this day that I made with it some twenty+ years ago. Was easy for me to give away free on Craigslist.

  • edited October 11

    The SCSI expander is worth 3x what the A3000 is worth.
    At least to EX5/7 & SU700 owners. Until they plug it in and discover that everything they transfered is corrupt.
    But it sounds okay?! Check the loop points.

  • Roland SP-808
    Sequential Circuits Studio 440

  • edited October 11

    Ensoniq TS10 and EMU Ultraproteus.

    Less so, but also Ensoniq SQ80 and EMU Morpheus.

    Still have these, want to buy? 🙂

    Don't use any of them though I might start using last two again. Both Ensoniqs are both huge and heavy and keyboards are terrible, but relative to other stuff, they were bargains since I got them used. LOL.

  • Akai MPC 500
    Roland JD-Xi
    Ableton push2

  • All the items you are listing here are somewhat sought after, esp the Emu stuff.

    @auxmux said:
    Ensoniq TS10 and EMU Ultraproteus.

    Less so, but also Ensoniq SQ80 and EMU Morpheus.

    Still have these, want to buy? 🙂

    Don't use any of them though I might start using last two again. Both Ensoniqs are both huge and heavy and keyboards are terrible, but relative to other stuff, they were bargains since I got them used. LOL.

  • Is somebody writing all these down so we can do a Venn diagram with the gear you regret selling? And @Korakios I've never heard anybody saying anything bad about the Push 2 ever. Are you saying you want to leave the Ableton Cult?

  • @ExAsperis99 said:
    Is somebody writing all these down so we can do a Venn diagram with the gear you regret selling? And @Korakios I've never heard anybody saying anything bad about the Push 2 ever. Are you saying you want to leave the Ableton Cult?

    I was never a Live user ,although it was cool. Push2 wasn't (for the price) :p
    Didn't like the pads, too much page flipping , most mods where available only from Max4live ,no 16 level pitch, no hybrid view (aka Force) . Also when I sold it ,the buyer told me the touchstrip died ,fortunately it was within guarantee .
    I was expecting to get rid of the computer screen ,but it wasn't possible. I bought an MPC One :)

  • edited October 11

    @Crawlingwind Yeah, for sure, the prices have gone up since I bought them, so that's a positive.

    I'm less willing to part with the EMU stuff, because they are slim racks and barely take up any room. I should make use of them. The problem is programming them is a beastly exercise.

  • I get it - I have both of those in a rack that is stored away right now. They’re great though...

    @auxmux said:
    @Crawlingwind Yeah, for sure, the prices have gone up since I bought them, so that's a positive.

    I'm less willing to part with the EMU stuff, because they are slim racks and barely take up any room. I should make use of them. The problem is programming them is a beastly exercise.

  • Behringer C1U condenser mic is the only one I can think of. That thing is so horribly quiet. I love their synths but I hate that mic

  • Zenza Bronica ETRSi with 75mm lens and 150mm lens.

    I mean, it’s a very good medium format camera, the lenses are very good, but I already had a perfectly good Mamiya C330 with five lenses, and all the Bronica SLR did is stop me using the Mamiya TLR. Actually I don’t regret having the Bronica, but of the two I’d now sell the Bronica and keep the knackered old Mamiya TLR system (and then never use it either because I basically don’t shoot film any more). (In fact, I basically don’t shoot cameras any more, almost only use my iPhone for everything now).

  • edited October 11

    Korg Electribe 2 - Ran out of polyphony way too soon and not really a real time tweaking groovebox.

    Elektron Analog Rhythm MK2 - Mine had heat issues and I hated the fixed pad assignments for the engines.

    Ovation acoustic guitar (forgot the model) - I wanted one SOOO bad for many years, and when I finally got it I really disliked how it sounded.

    Boss Multi-Overtone pedal - Was nowhere near as cool as the Tera Echo I loved.

    Sequential Pro 3 - So much potential on paper but I just never bonded with the sound of it. And it made me realize I really need to stop buying monosynths.

    Pretty much the vast majority of keboard midi controllers I bought over the year, most barely got used.

  • edited October 12

    Maybe there ought to be a thread called “Gear you regretted buying initially but now don’t
    Which is often the case, in my case.

  • Sp-404, 505, 606

    Had a 303 and loved it, got stolen.
    Wanted to replace it, didn't want to spend $400 (got these between 120-300 each.)

    They all suck (404 and 606 don't have the magic sound, 505 and 606 are painfully slow to work with.)

  • edited October 12

    @Littlewoodg said:
    Maybe there ought to be a thread called “Gear you regretted buying initially but now don’t
    Which is often the case, in my case.

    Kenton Killamix MINI. I barely used it the first year I got it, but it's one of those things I keep turning to in weird situations and I'm so glad I have it. Can't believe it's still class compliant....

    https://kentonuk.com/product/killamix-mini/

  • Akai MPD-226. Had to hit the pads so hard compared to other pads to register...and when they did there was a good chance they would double trigger 😒

  • My biggest regret was a Studiologic Sledge.

    When I got it, i thought to myself should I get an iPad or the Sledge. I went with the sledge instead of the iPad. I was skeptical of getting an iPad because you know it’s software, there are updates, things go wrong, etc. I got an iPad about half a year later but was using iPhone for music at that point.

    I think I got it because I had just moved away from a band I used to play with and was probably thinking along the lines of still gigging with that particular band.

    Anyway, it was way to wide to stack up in a 3 tier X Stand, the VA sound was okay but nothing to write home about, the built in effects weren’t very good, the knobs were wobbly, and it wasn’t a very good MIDI controller. Had it worked better as a MIDI controller meaning octave shift and easily switching MIDI channels I might have thought it would be okay to keep, but I sold it. It was a long waiting game, but I managed to sell it for only 100 USD less than I bought it for. I can’t remember if I lost on shipping.

  • @fonto76 said:
    Akai MPD-226. Had to hit the pads so hard compared to other pads to register...and when they did there was a good chance they would double trigger 😒

    Seconded! And I can't really sell it because the double triggering - which, btw, Akai knows ( and doesn't care) about - renders it almost unusable. Just an absolute piece of garbage, and a complete waste of $200. I'm still angry about it.

  • Ensoniq VFX-SD. Not that it was all that bad but because of what I let go at silly money to get it. 😭

  • @AudioGus said:

    @steve99 said:
    @jolico I've got a Yamaha A3000 that I've tried several times to give away and failed. I had good times with it, but it's well beyond obsolete. I can't chuck it though, in perfect working order, just migrates round my house, shed and old car on a decade long rotation. SCSI cd-rom and a Zip drive, man I thought I was living the future back then.

    I loved my A3000 waaaay back in the day. Ended up using it more as an FX unit than a full on sampler

    It would have been great for sampling and FX if it didn’t have those crappy “rotary encoders”. So frustrating. Such a flow killer.

    https://todbot.com/a3k/knobs/

  • edited October 12

    Shure SM7B
    To my ears it wasn’t a world of a deference compared to SM58/57 and without a cloudlifter too quiet/noisy.
    Not a big fan of dynamic mics in the studio.

  • @jolico said:

    @AudioGus said:

    @steve99 said:
    @jolico I've got a Yamaha A3000 that I've tried several times to give away and failed. I had good times with it, but it's well beyond obsolete. I can't chuck it though, in perfect working order, just migrates round my house, shed and old car on a decade long rotation. SCSI cd-rom and a Zip drive, man I thought I was living the future back then.

    I loved my A3000 waaaay back in the day. Ended up using it more as an FX unit than a full on sampler

    It would have been great for sampling and FX if it didn’t have those crappy “rotary encoders”. So frustrating. Such a flow killer.

    https://todbot.com/a3k/knobs/

    Oh yah mine did start to crap out too. I think the rule is if it clicks it will wear out.

Sign In or Register to comment.