Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM, Two Drambo auv3 instances, 16 total multi-outs and Launch Control XL

The first Drambo is running drums and synths I built up with modules.

The second Drambo is running flexi-samplers with guitar loops on each track.

Each Drambo track has its own multi-out channel strip in AUM, and there are some sends there for FX.

Launch Control XL is sending MIDI to both Drambos as well as controlling AUM.

I can't believe I can run all this on my 6th gen iPad with no hiccups.

Even beyond that I can record all 16 tracks separately in AUM, to then remix my performance in Logic. :o

I <3 iOS for music making. I figured everything out from lurking on this forum for a year, so thank you!

Comments

• Love it. Drambo + LCXL + AUM = dream team β™₯ 😍

Can I ask you how do you manage to have the flashing colored buttons on LCXL?

• edited October 2020

I pieced together a not very smart Mozaic script based on this thread:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/32930/mozaic-create-your-own-au-midi-plugins-out-now/p58

My script doesn't really have the LCXL communicating with the iPad about state, it just keeps track of when you have clicked a button on or off. So you have to sync the mute states yourself when you start the session. Good enough for now!

• edited October 2020
    @OnLoad

SetShortName {LCXLLEDS} 

sysButton[] = [ 0x00, 0x20, 0x29, 0x02, 0x11, 0x78, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 ]

states[] = [ 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 ]  

notes[] = [ 41, 42, 43, 44, 57, 58, 59, 60, 73, 74, 75, 76, 89, 90, 91, 92 ]  

for i = 0 to 15
        sysButton[7] = 24 + i
        sysButton[8] = 12
        SendSysex sysButton, 9
      endfor

@End

@OnMidiNoteOn

for i = 0 to 15
        if MIDIByte2 = notes[i]
          sysButton[7] = 24 + i
          if states[i] = 1
            states[i] = 0
            sysButton[8] = 60
            if i > 7 
              sysButton[8] = 63
            endif
          else 
            states[i] = 1
            sysButton[8] = 12
          endif            
        endif      
        SendSysex sysButton, 9
      endfor

@End

• edited October 2020

Maybe this Mozaic script right above will be helpful as a headstart for someone to get going with the LEDs on the LCXL.

You have to connect LCXL > Mozaic and Mozaic > LCXL in the AUM MIDI Routing Panel.

The scenario in the other thread mentioned was more complex, this script should at least get the LEDs firing on the default first User template out of the box.

@Vlad11

• @RolandGarros said:

The first Drambo is running drums and synths I built up with modules.

The second Drambo is running flexi-samplers with guitar loops on each track.

Each Drambo track has its own multi-out channel strip in AUM, and there are some sends there for FX.

Launch Control XL is sending MIDI to both Drambos as well as controlling AUM.

I can't believe I can run all this on my 6th gen iPad with no hiccups.

Even beyond that I can record all 16 tracks separately in AUM, to then remix my performance in Logic. :o

I <3 iOS for music making. I figured everything out from lurking on this forum for a year, so thank you!

πŸ‘
    Like a boss!

• Very inspiring. Thanks. The possibilities of the LPCX and iPad are impressive

• edited October 2020

Here’s some more progress with that setup, with perforator wet/dry mapped and effecting a big reverb send, some clearer use of the drambo morph slider...

• Excellent! πŸ‘πŸΌ
    I hope one day @giku_beepstreet will include CC and note parameter feedback for controllers, it has been discussed already but still too many other exciting features are waiting in the queue 😎

• great work!

• @rs2000 said:
    Excellent! πŸ‘πŸΌ
    I hope one day @giku_beepstreet will include CC and note parameter feedback for controllers, it has been discussed already but still too many other exciting features are waiting in the queue 😎

Indeed. And just record and playback any midi cc you throw at it. Xequence and Beepstreet need to have some coffee.

And bidirectional cc for feedback would be indeed a dream. Altough you really want a Launch Control XL with Endless encoders to make it perfect. Remove the faders and make a version with 8 x 5 = 40 endless encoders with leds πŸ€“

• edited January 2021

Might as well plug the resulting album here. Like I was prematurely bragging about, I did manage to record ~19 tracks of a LaunchControl performance simultaneously in AUM and then mixed those WAV files in Logic for the final cut.

https://benmontgomery.bandcamp.com/album/playlist

• edited May 2023

@RolandGarros said:

@OnLoad

SetShortName {LCXLLEDS} 

sysButton[] = [ 0x00, 0x20, 0x29, 0x02, 0x11, 0x78, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 ]

states[] = [ 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 ]  

notes[] = [ 41, 42, 43, 44, 57, 58, 59, 60, 73, 74, 75, 76, 89, 90, 91, 92 ]  

for i = 0 to 15
        sysButton[7] = 24 + i
        sysButton[8] = 12
        SendSysex sysButton, 9
      endfor

@End

@OnMidiNoteOn

for i = 0 to 15
        if MIDIByte2 = notes[i]
          sysButton[7] = 24 + i
          if states[i] = 1
            states[i] = 0