Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gear you regret selling

12346»

Comments

• @Franketti said:
    Fender Rhodes mk1 1986, Roland Jupiter 6 1999, yamaha ex7, Roland D 50, Ymaha cs 60 😞

You have own some nice gear.

• I missed my Reface CS and Microfreak when I sold them so I bought them again.

Right now the ones I miss the most are the Grandmother, Prologue, Digitakt and Digitone. Don’t know if I’ll buy any of them again or not. Maybe in a perfect world. Right now my sights are set on an Analog 4 MKII.

• edited May 2022

@McD said:
    1938 Deagen Vibraphone (heavy set of bars I ever heard... amazing sustain)
    1960 Wurlitzer E-Piano (my dad's gig instrument)

@McD said:
    1938 Deagen Vibraphone (heavy set of bars I ever heard... amazing sustain)
    1960 Wurlitzer E-Piano (my dad's gig instrument)

@McD you were bemoaning the loss of these in 2020 on page one! Either your memory is fading or you’re truly suffering.

1sold my pristine rebuilt 1915=Steinway B four years ago for $28k. It was worth 50, but I was in Turkey. If I miss anything about it, it is looking at it. I could never get over how modern it looked for an instrument that was a century old. A marvel. But I've been a hundred times more creative on a DP and an iPad. Moving on is often an opportunity.

• @Montreal_Music , I bought the cs 60 for 4,5 k and sold for 800. It often was broken and needed expensive fixes. I needed something reliable for gigging to finance my studies.

• EMS Synthi AKS 😢. 20 years ago, I sold it for 2000 bucks. 😭.
    But then the apeSoft iVCS3 app was born. This was the initial start to bring me back into making music and strange noises.

• Here's your chance to possible prevent a future post in this thread.

Do I trade a machinedrum for something else? I'm a real cheap bastid, and I know the possibilities after the trade, so I'm only gonna trade up.

(I have another, but it's not the big daddy and honestly I don't use the sampler in it...hardly at all)

• I can’t think of a single piece of gear that I sold that I regret. I think I did a pretty good job of that. I don’t go through that much gear. I mean the first synth I ever had Red Sound Darkstar maybe I shouldn’t have sold it but I actually don’t care the knobs were super wobbly and it was kind of funky sounding. It did have this rare vocoder chip that I owned and sold for like $80 on eBay 8 years ago or so. You would put that in the back and swap out the VA synth with the vocoder chip.

I certainly regret buying a few things two I can think of is Studiologic Sledge and also Korg Kaoss Pad KP3+. I managed to get rid of both of those without loosing too much money.

• edited May 2022

@dman what was the deal with the sledge? It's such an oddball in the synth world, it kinda intrigues me because of that.

• @AlmostAnonymous said:
    @dman what was the deal with the sledge? It's such an oddball in the synth world, it kinda intrigues me because of that.

My problem with the sledge was it sounded okay, but wasn’t amazing. I kind of bought it right after I stopped playing with a gigging band and I think it would have been good or at least alright if I still were. Having mostly knob per function was nice but they might have been slightly wobbly, but not too bad. One thing I really didn’t like the key bed just feel great. They made the black version later and it had a better keybed supposedly. It was also so incredibly wide that fitting it in a tower of keyboards it sometimes just wouldn’t work. You also had no octave shift on it!! So, any octave shifting had to be done in it’s synth engine or if you used it as a controller in that program. I also got it about the same time I got my iPad and realized I can just use that! I forgot about the “zippering” effects. Sometimes the knobs would do weird things when you turned them due to some digital effect happening. I don’t know how to explain it, but people described it as “zippering”.

• I recently sold a Line6 Helix and I regret it.
    Really miss it since Loopy Pro, would have been a great combo with the flexible midi mapping.
    I sold it cos I wasn’t playing gigs and it was too big, but now I have more space. Too expensive to buy again if I’m not going to give it some “proper” use.

• @LinearLineman said:
    But I've been a hundred times more creative on a DP and an iPad. Moving on is often an opportunity.

I hesitate to ask but what, in this context, is a DP?

• To kill the suspense I will venture Digital Piano :D

• Many years ago I sold a Yamaha S90ES stage piano / synthesizer. After a few months I started to miss a full 88 weighted keys. I had only a 49 key midi keyboard. After about a year from that time I bought them back from the same person whom I sold ;)

• @Silvertip said:
    ARP Solina Stringensemble - sold for 435$ - now approx. 1950$

• Beat Thang. Got one fairly cheap and it was a piece of shit but it's a funny blip in hip-hop history and they're going for a little too much to grab one again.

• The weed I sold to that undercover cop…

• Akai S950**
    Korg MS 2000
    Roland Juno 106
    MFB Synth Lite 2**
    Emu 6400 Ultra
    MPC 1000**
    MPC 5000
    Neumann KH120A monitors**
    Roland SP404 MK2**
    Elektron Octatrack
    Teenage Engineering OP-1**

** = really regret!

• edited November 2022

EHX 16 Second Digital Delay reissue — realized mid-sale that I was making a mistake but I was too embarrassed to back out. I kicked myself about it for years, although the Chase Bliss Blooper has certainly helped ease the pain.

I also sold my Zvex Instant Lo-Fi Junky in 2019 and have considered replacing it at least once a month since then. That’s less a regret and more a waste of money — the price has gone up considerably.