Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gear you regret selling

Comments

• I really miss my Marshall JCM 800 full stack, Fender JB '69, Squier Strat '82, Epiphone Sheraton 2.
    But the gear I miss the most and really really wish I'd have kept is my Akai MG 1214 😭.

Also, I'm sure I'll miss my Ensoniq DP4+ if I finally make up my mind to sell it 🥴🙈.

• edited October 2020

I think the big problem here is, for how much you sold your gear. You cannot have regret if you had a good price. In that case, just re-buy the piece of equipment. My regrets exist because I sold so many things at a low price.

• I also had a pair of Akai EWV2000 modules, which were analogue synths but controlled by buttons and a small LCD. They were wind synth sound modules, and had only wind controller input (analogue), it had a midi out but not in. After a few years I finally went inside one of them to see if I could control it from flying leads to the vicinity of the controller input socket, and it really did sound mundane, not interesting in the least, so I put it all away and got rid of the pair.

I think even now if I had kept them as hacking projects I’d probably not be motivated to do anything with them, best I got rid of them. They’re probably worth a lot now though. I got the pair ridiculously cheaply so no great loss.

• Korg Trinity

• Emu SP-1200
    Ensoniq ASR-10
    Sequential Circuits Six-Track
    Akai MPC 60 MK2
    My 1st and 2nd sets of Technics 1200’s (I’ll never get rid of my current pair)
    And finally my absolutely mint OG Urei 1620 mixer

• Alesis Andromeda. A magnificent beauty of a synth but I had to move to a new country so it covered many expenses i couldn't cover otherwise.

• I regret NOT selling my Korg X-911 Guitar Synthesizer.

It sat unused for at least a decade and one or two of the buttons have gone funny making it sound continuously.

Fab analog synth in its own right and they go for silly money now. :disappointed:

• @Jocphone said:
    I regret NOT selling my Korg X-911 Guitar Synthesizer.

It sat unused for at least a decade and one or two of the buttons have gone funny making it sound continuously.

Fab analog synth in its own right and they go for silly money now. :disappointed:

I’ve got one in the attic, also with some buttons gone. The filter is buggered though.

• @u0421793 said:

@Jocphone said:

I’ve got one in the attic, also with some buttons gone. The filter is buggered though.

The buttons are quite lo-tech, a bendy arc of metal as a sprint contact. So it's no surprise that they fail.

Might open it up one day when I'm feeling brave.

• @Jocphone said:

@u0421793 said:

@Jocphone said:

The buttons are quite lo-tech, a bendy arc of metal as a spring contact. So it's no surprise that they fail.

Might open it up one day when I'm feeling brave.

• Tr 606
    Mc202
    juno 1
    DX7
    moog Prodigy
    72-bass piano accordion when I became a b/c button box purist
    Korg prophecy

• Peavy 300 Combo Bass amp
    Roland VS840

• Univox Hi-Flyer that I sold for 50 bucks.
    Oh, if I had only known...

• I bought this for $40:

Sold it for $140.

Still regret it.

These days, Yamaha makes cheap keybed. Is there a model of Yamaha with great keybed like the KX61 under $1000?

• Ouch

I’ve sold two Juno106 and a nice Wurlitzer 200 student model, converted. I don’t miss them tho because of plugins.

But had to sell my off white 90s? American Telescaster while broke in nyc in mid 2000s. Got a fine amount but the guy was kind of a dick who bought it. Miss u tele, I hope he just flipped u to a better home 😭

• @FPC said:
    A mint Korg Mono/Poly for £200. Not just because of its value now but because I didn’t even give it a chance. I had zero patience when I was younger so didn’t learn how to use it properly and the lack of midi meant it got sold.

Sold mine too back in the days. It's the one I've learnt synth programming on. Spent months of sound design with it but then it had to go for a Roland JX-3P for its better polyphony, great chorus and my first poly step sequencer.
    The fun factor and sound mostly came back finally with Korg's iMonoPoly and Odyssei in Gadget.

• @Montreal_Music said:
    I bought this for $40:

Sold it for $140.

Still regret it.

These days, Yamaha makes cheap keybed. Is there a model of Yamaha with great keybed like the KX61 under $1000?

Roland XP-60 and XP-80 have excellent keybeds. I still love my XP-80 for its keybed alone (and the 60s/70s Keys and Bass&Drums expansions).
    Make sure you find one without the 'red glue syndrome' though. Mine never had it but apparently some foam types in flight cases caused it.

• edited April 2022

Roland vsynth and Roland vsynth xt

If anyone has the xt in great shape and wants a trade let me know

• @rs2000 said:

@Montreal_Music said:
    I bought this for $40:

Sold it for $140.

Still regret it.

Roland XP-60 and XP-80 have excellent keybeds. I still love my XP-80 for its keybed alone (and the 60s/70s Keys and Bass&Drums expansions).
    Make sure you find one without the 'red glue syndrome' though. Mine never had it but apparently some foam types in flight cases caused it.

Found 1 on Kijiji, it's expensive! :)

• @Montreal_Music Nah, you can get much better offers if you're patient ;)

• A mint Roland sp303. The sting remains so very real.

• 1992 30th Anniversary Marshall 100 watt combo
    1990 JCM900 Half Stack
    Circa 1990 Solid Rickenbacker 12 string

That's it really.

• edited April 2022

This:

Brilliantly simple.

And this:

These two, and waaaay too many rototoms defined my, ah ‘sound’ in my first ever band. We were big in Brighton for five minutes in the early 80s. And, yes, the good Doctor kept much better time than I did.

• For purely sentimental reasons, I regret selling my first rackmount, a Kawai k4r, a late 80s rompler.
    Had a nice 'Moon child' preset in bank B1 if I remember correctly.
    I bought a Roland Jv2080 next, and still have it hooked up to a digital piano for the kids to play with.

• @Svetlovska said:
    This:

Brilliantly simple.

And this:

These two, and waaaay too many rototoms defined my, ah ‘sound’ in my first ever band. We were big in Brighton for five minutes in the early 80s. And, yes, the good Doctor kept much better time than I did.

Wow never heard of JHS drum synth (my first FX was a JHS Rock Box). Love it, what a fine sounding little synth.

EBay….yikes! Ok don’t like it that much!

• Roland MC202
    Roland SH09
    Roland JX3P
    Korg Mini 700
    Korg DW6000
    Korg Poly 800
    Ensoniq SQ
    🤦‍♂️

• No regrets. Only despair.

• i really miss this guitar i painted and sold. with an A-10 warthog theme. if anyone ever comes across it; let me know, I’d gladly buy it back. I think i sold it to someone in the seattle, or pacific northwest area.

• I once had a 1973 Rickenbacker 4001 bass that was my pride and joy and I gave it to an ex-girlfriend.

I have no idea why.

I kinda wish I had kept the two Roland SH-2s that I had but I don’t wake up in a cold sweat thinking about them.

• @qryss said:
    I once had a 1973 Rickenbacker 4001 bass that was my pride and joy and I gave it to an ex-girlfriend.

I have no idea why.

I kinda wish I had kept the two Roland SH-2s that I had but I don’t wake up in a cold sweat thinking about them.

Ouch