Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gear you regret selling

Comments

• OP-1. Only because shortly after I sold it they raised the prices and I could have gotten a lot more for it used. :)

• edited October 2020

@ExAsperis99 said:
    When my first child was born, the band kind of stopped touring. I left a 210-watt Peavy bass combo with a 15" speaker and a 4x10 cabinet in a rehearsal space, but I always hated that amp, as loud as it was. I assume somebody claimed it.

Somewhere along the line, though, I lost a Sovtek Big Muff: God, that thing sounded great. Every time I'm in my basement, I keep thinking I'll find the bag that has that and an old Countryman DI.

@ExAsperis99 Are these what you're looking for?

😂

• edited October 2020

@Daveypoo

hahaha
    Well, I know what you were doing in 1992. That Sovtek was a miracle for bass distortion. Though the circuit board was, like, a saltine it was so fragile!

• I regret selling my first electric guitar -- a black Ibanez Les Paul copy with a bolt on neck. (This was just before Gibson and Fender succeeded in forcing Ibanez out of the cloning business and forced them to come up with their own designs).

It sounded great and had a great feel -- but I was a high schooler and insecure. It was clear that my bandmates looked down on it. So, I saved up enough money that I could sell it and by a new "real" Strat -- which I ended up not liking at all (turns out that was not a good). That Les Paul copy sounded and felt great.

• i regret selling this guitar i airbrushed. if anybody has it please let me know. i would totally buy it back.

• edited October 2020

@ExAsperis99 said:
    @Daveypoo

hahaha
    Well, I know what you were doing in 1992. That Sovtek was a miracle for bass distortion. Though the circuit board was, like, a saltine it was so fragile!

I was laughing when I saw your comment - both of those are within grabbing distance of my desk so I couldn't resist.

Yeah - the Big Muff is brilliant and I've never found anything that sounds quite like MINE. I've done tons of research on Big Muffs and the various iterations, and none of the MANY videos I watched had a tone that was comparable to my own unit. I came close to having someone take out the circuit board and remount it inside a smaller box that fit on a pedal board (unlike the giant green MONSTER) but never got around to it. I'm glad I didn't - this thing is actually worth a few $$ now. Still sounds epic.

The Countryman was something I wanted for ages and only finally grabbed a few years ago. That'll never leave my side - it's a brilliant go-to for a million scenarios. I've also got a Sadowsky Pre-Amp DI pedal I cart around as well - super useful, that.

• Fender Strat :(

• 2 original API 312 preamps converted to a single space rack unit by Brent Averill. Best mic/line preamps ever. Like this but pulled from an old API board.

• I think the biggest regret is when for some strange reason shipping is like $60 when you are sending something off (west coast from east coast can be a nasty surprise sometimes)

• @eross said:
    i regret selling this guitar i airbrushed. if anybody has it please let me know. i would totally buy it back. ![

Damn, that's totally cool!

(Well except for the Bigsby — not a fan)

But otherwise excellent!

Love the "ejection seat"!!!

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    When my first child was born, the band kind of stopped touring. I left a 210-watt Peavy bass combo with a 15" speaker and a 4x10 cabinet in a rehearsal space, but I always hated that amp, as loud as it was. I assume somebody claimed it.

Somewhere along the line, though, I lost a Sovtek Big Muff: God, that thing sounded great. Every time I'm in my basement, I keep thinking I'll find the bag that has that and an old Countryman DI.

Probably won't help a bit, but ToneStack has a pair of Muffish pedals that might get you in the ballpark:

• A Reverend Slingshot guitar with 2 p90s - they no longer make them. Super light and extremely comfortable to play.

• @SNystrom said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Probably won't help a bit, but ToneStack has a pair of Muffish pedals that might get you in the ballpark:

wow
    that’s kind of great! thanks!

• wimwim
    edited October 2020

I have the opposite problem. My wife won't let me get rid of my stupid violin I haven't played since I was 15, or the beat up Guild D25-M I haven't touched for 20 years. meh

• My cherry red 1970s Gibson Les Paul Deluxe. I needed the money really badly at the time and someone was waving the cash at me...

• Wal Custom fretless bass (I chose the wood, etc.)
    Roland Juno 6
    Yamaha CS-5
    G&L L2500 5 string bass
    Hartke Bass amp
    Triad bass cab

• Speaking of Ibanez clones. This was after I sold it and seeing it on display at a local Guitar Center.

• @mjcouche said:
    Speaking of Ibanez clones. This was after I sold it and seeing it on display at a local Guitar Center.

Oh damn, that really had to hurt...

• edited October 2020

@SNystrom said:

@eross said:
    i regret selling this guitar i airbrushed. if anybody has it please let me know. i would totally buy it back. ![

Damn, that's totally cool!

(Well except for the Bigsby — not a fan)

But otherwise excellent!

Love the "ejection seat"!!!

thanks. yeah, That was one of my favorite paint jobs i ever did. yep the Bigsby was a total waste of money. I did t like it either. I should have just did a normal bridge. but oh well. my favorite where was the pellet gun magazines, i used on the volume and tone knobs to simulate and A-10 warthogs’ guns.

• 12 string Rickenbacker hard body. Thanks for bringing up bad memories :'(

• @eross said:

@SNystrom said:

@eross said:

thanks. yeah, That was one of my favorite paint jobs i ever did. yep the Bigsby was a total waste of money. I did t like it either. I should have just did a normal bridge. but oh well. my favorite where was the pellet gun magazines, i used on the volume and tone knobs to simulate and A-10 warthogs’ guns.

Oh damn! Those knobs reminded me of something I couldn't put my finger on...

Now it makes total sense! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

You did an excellent job!!!

• edited October 2020

Hohner Clav D6 and Wurli EP200
    ‘74 Fender Princeton Reverb and ‘79 Deluxe Reverb
    And a bunch of funky old FX pedals

Don’t even have photos of them to weep over (probably just as well...)

• Not sold, but “misplaced” in my hazy days:

VOX Continental
    Univox Minikorg
    Complete PAIA modular system with seperate sequencer

• @SNystrom said:

@eross said:

@SNystrom said:

@eross said:

Oh damn! Those knobs reminded me of something I couldn't put my finger on...

Now it makes total sense! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

You did an excellent job!!!

thanks

• By the way, is my sentence correct for the title of this thread?
    Gear you regret selling
    Gear you regret having sell?
    Gear you regret having sold?

I always want to perfect my English.

Thanks

• 1 and 3 are fine. Only #2 is incorrect.
    Much better than my French though. :#

• I sold my Kaossilator Pro to raise money and buy my first Ipad... some ten years ago.

And I still miss it!

It’s hard to replace the immediate fun you get with a groovebox because their musical approach is always so unique.

• I’ve had and got rid of lots of nice gear, but the ones I keep musing about what I’d be doing with them now if I hadn’t said goodbye to them are the

• Korg MS10
    • Korg MS20
    • Korg SQ10
    • Korg KPR-77
    • Korg KPR-77 (these two drum machines mainly used as s-trigs for the SQ and MSs)

Also, I wonder what etc about my old Roland TR-808.

Probably nothing, probably the whole lot would be in the attic as it’s all too big, and I’d be looking to sell it all, same as I was thinking 20 years ago. Anyway, I was adequately rewarded for them, so no real regrets.

The ones I really think I should’ve hung on to are these:

• Roland CMU-800
    • Roland CMU-800

And to a lesser degree

• Roland MSQ-700
    • Roland MSQ-700

However, it all has to go eventually, so by the end of the year I'm going to be letting go of the following (almost certainly through Vemia auction):

• Arp 2600
    • Roland CSQ600
    • Roland SH09
    • Matrix 1000 (with 1.20 rom)
    • Yamaha QY700
  • @Johnba said:
    I sold my Kaossilator Pro to raise money and buy my first Ipad... some ten years ago.

And I still miss it!

It’s hard to replace the immediate fun you get with a groovebox because their musical approach is always so unique.

Good news for you. On Facebook Marketplace you can buy a Kaossilator for around 150$ if you are lucky. I bought 2 Kaossilator. 1 for 125$ and the other for 140$. I sold both but I also regret it. I have mixed feeling about the Kaossilator and the KP3+. But yes, it's a fun piece of gear.

• For me it'd be guitars, Hamer Super Monaco Pro, D'Aquisto Centura, burl maple Gadow tele, flamed koa NS1...

Electronic gear not so much, maybe Monomachine twice, XTk, Nord G2, V-Synth XT, ASR-X Pro w/ Waveboy. I won't mind another EX5, and I don't miss any of the analogs, though most I had aren't too collectable these days.