Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Song Of The Month Club - October 2020

2»

Comments

• Here is one from me...and I really liked manors kitchen 😀

• @audiblevideo said:
    Nice motifs. Try upping the tempo just a tad at the transition and then easing back down at the end. It might give it a little added oomph.

Wow .. that changed the feel of this quite a bit. Thank you for the tip! :smiley:

@Sergiu said:
    nice ballad! Great instrumentation and dynamics! If I would have anything to change in this track...maybe more texture to the instruments ( sounds pretty "preset" like)...a bit more modulation maybe! ( that's my personal take)

I agree with you. I am using presets because I’m not good at tweaking synths yet. But I must experiment and your comment is encouraging me to do that. Thank you! :smile:

@DavidEnglish said:
    Atmospheric and mysterious. I really like how it shifts into a higher gear about a third of the way through. It progresses well by building a melodic line on top of the atmospheric base. I think the structure of the song does a good job of echoing the title of the song. It's as though the first third is the boarding and starting-the-engines phase. And the rest of the song is the lifting-off and flying-away phase.

Thank you for the feedback. I think with the suggestion from @audiblevideo incorporated that ‘higher gear’ actually comes really into play. :smile:

• Cool liquid track... love the drive! > @Overdosed_Ape said:

Here is one from me...and I really liked manors kitchen 😀

• edited October 2020

@richardyot -Nice comp- look out the bass and sub frequencies, this don’t let the song shine, the chorus need a little in-crescendo..
    the problem here is “muddy”
    @DavidEnglish -Interesting Travel- some harsh frequencies here and there..
    emotional moments
    @Kitusai -it’s a good idea- perhaps need some structure, sounds good
    @Reuben -Good comp- give the chord and drums more strength, needs highlight this parts
    @Sergiu -Good idea and sounds- but I miss an structure, some silent parts, less is more

• edited October 2020

@spyrogaia -Magnific...Vangelis comes to my mind, a little eq here and there and limiter and is final ready..
    good work

• @spyrogaia said:
    Here's my entry for the SOTM October 2020. The original idea for this piece was put together way back in Feb or March of 2020. I have revisited that first piece here and applied some of the new techniques I have picked up over the months. The song was supposedly the first track of the space journey themed concept album I had in mind. I hope I have given it a fitting facelift.

Beware, it is quite synth heavy. Composed entirely (as always) on Korg Gadget. Not mixed nor mastered; just exported.

Thanks for listening. Your critique and comments would mean a lot to me. :smile:

Beautiful piece, an epic soundtrack to an unwritten space opera. I love the deep warm sweeps, and the choice of sounds in general with the contrast between the intro chime and the bass synth.

It's uplifting and evocative. Good production and arrangement. The outro echoing the intro is a great finishing touch.

• @richardyot you definitely have a unique way to sing a bit out of tune curiously drawing a melody which is… in tune. Still charming sugar sad pop music I like!

@DavidEnglish good space music with ruptures and variety in it. How have you made the video?

@Mencey I enjoy the beat and very much the vocal. The change in atmosphere around 1’11 is good. I don’t understand what you say but I liked it. Maybe a bit too long but maybe it is because I don’t understand the lyrics?

@Reuben Beautiful and relaxing. It changes from electronic sounds and sometimes I feel that like a breath of fresh air. The underlined melody at around 1’49’’ followed by violins climb and vocals doubling are well done. Very good!

@Sergiu Beautiful sounds, too much repetitive, miss some variations imho. Btw I don’t know what the voice says and if it is related to this pic I like a lot I don’t know why.

@spyrogaia The sounds are absolutely superb. You are a true Korg Gadget wizard. A beautiful piece.

@overdosed_Ape Nice relaxing and pushing at the same time says a comment in Soundcloud. I agree! The sounds are original, soft (like felt) and very pleasant.

What a variety again this month, it is a real pleasure to listen to all this creativity each month!

• Well composed. Well done👍🏼

• edited October 2020

@Kitusai
    I tend to use Astrofox, Magic, and other PC-based visualizers as a starting point. Then I transform them with various video FX plugins within Vegas Pro.

• @Overdosed_Ape
    Infectious beat with interesting shifts and turns throughout. Love the way it evolves without feeling forced. It's relaxing and stimulating at the same time. As Borat would say, "very nice!"

• Last minute entry. Did a short remix of Billie Eilish’s Ocean Eyes using Garageband, Reason Compact, and Reslice ">

• Cool drums... is that a 909 tom? Did you drums inside GarageBand?> @seonnthaproducer said:

Last minute entry. Did a short remix of Billie Eilish’s Ocean Eyes using Garageband, Reason Compact, and Reslice ">

• edited October 2020

@richardyot Great vibes all around. Liking the solemn reflection. It’s like there’s a bit of regret tied together by a pulsing heartbeat that is silent.

@DavidEnglish - In space, no one can hear you...make beats this awesome. UFO is a great name for this trip. Thanks for taking us on the journey.

@Kitusai - Taking a break from the horns in favour of the plucky ambient sounds? +1

@Mencey - Had a great attention grabber right from the get go. I really gotta look deeper into Cubasis.

@Sergiu - Whoa, that’s a sick lead sound. So futuristic. What did you use for it?

Edit: Just saw the comment above. Thanks. I actually used the Synthetic Bass House Drum kit in Garageband with a random pattern on the Beat Sequencer. I took out most of the parts I didn’t like for the first half so it builds up with more energy on the second part.

@spyrogaia - Whoa, that breakdown from 2:15 onward was epic. Wow. Let me try and guess the synth...Monopoly for the lead sound?

@Overdosed_Ape - Very interesting to keep the sound running (like a water glass). Diverse sounds swimming in and out, with the drum and consistent bassline to keep it anchored. Okay, sailing away :wink:

• @Seonn it's Ob-xd Thanks!

• Song or Jam you decide (I’m erring on the side of Jam - but it’s close to almost a song ;) )

Koshiba* and Skaka for the rhythms (*damn that sequencing filter is COOL!)

Melody lines featuring MM-1, auGEN X, Alpha, and Electric
    Reamp on dat iFretless
    Drums by Bram and Digistix

Not a single note was “played by hand”. Just more than a few hours of luck and algorithmic tweaking.

• @seonnthaproducer said:
    Last minute entry. Did a short remix of Billie Eilish’s Ocean Eyes using Garageband, Reason Compact, and Reslice ">

The melancholy piano at the start is great, and it complements the vocal sample really well. I'm less sure about the beat that comes in after though, it changes the mood completely and I for me it kills the vibe. I would prefer to hear the piano feel developed further to create a more moody and atmospheric piece to go with the vocal. I think there's a ton of potential with that intro though.

• @richardyot - I was originally planning that. But because the original was a bit somber and reflective, I decided to go in the opposite direction. No worries...the next work I do produce will be a bit more moody and atmospheric.

• @audiblevideo said:
    Song or Jam you decide (I’m erring on the side of Jam - but it’s close to almost a song ;) )

Reamp on dat iFretless

Not a single note was “played by hand”. Just more than a few hours of luck and algorithmic tweaking.

Lots of quirky bouncy bleeps and squeaks, but it meanders a lot and I am left wondering exactly what emotion the track is conveying. It's like five musicians all playing in the same key but not actually playing the same piece, if that makes sense.

I would like to hear a bit more cohesion and a consistent mood/emotion.

• @richardyot said:

@audiblevideo said:
    Song or Jam you decide (I’m erring on the side of Jam - but it’s close to almost a song ;) )

Reamp on dat iFretless

Lots of quirky bouncy bleeps and squeaks, but it meanders a lot and I am left wondering exactly what emotion the track is conveying. It's like five musicians all playing in the same key but not actually playing the same piece, if that makes sense.

I would like to hear a bit more cohesion and a consistent mood/emotion.

Perfectly said, and very valid critique. :) Kida rushed this one to make the end of the month.

• @seonnthaproducer
    It’s especially interesting to see the remix process in action. Unfortunately, I’m not familiar with Billie Eilish’s Ocean Eyes song, so I can’t compare the mix with the remix. Here, Eilish’s voice and the solo piano are the standout elements. They work really well together and make for a great opening. Maybe bring down the other elements to let the voice and piano shine through.

@audiblevideo
    Good solid beat. I like the blippy bits that dart in and out near the beginning. I also like how some instruments bounce back and forth between the left and right channels. Overall, it’s both pleasant and diverting, which counts for a lot these days. You might also try it as a shorter piece. Leave them wanting more.