Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioShare has crashed. Solved

edited October 2020 in Support and Feedback

@j_liljedahl
AudioShare has crashed, and the files app cannot access audio in the AudioShare folder.
AUM is installed. If I delete and reinstall AudioShare , will the AudioShare folder remain intact?
AUM is still currently able to access and load audio.

Air2 ios13.6.
An Audiobus session had AUM in an output slot and Figure in an input slot.
The initial Audiobus3 session took a very long time to load the AUM part.
I was recording loops in AUM, through Koala FX and GlitchCore .
Closed everything, opened AudioShare , and it crashed to the home screen. I’ve been struggling to fix it for 2 days, and don’t want to lose years of recordings.

Help

Comments

• edited October 2020

I suggest looking in Files app the contents and backing them. Check also via iTunes any shared file

• Have you tried to do a hard reboot of the iPad?
    (Hold down home and power button until you see the Apple Logo).

• @Korakios said:
    I suggest looking in Files app the contents and backing them. Check also via iTunes any shared file

The screenshot above is the files app. Contents are unavailable. Due to an unknown error.

• AudioShare continues to crash to the home screen, but it is still open in the background.

• @Samu said:
    Have you tried to do a hard reboot of the iPad?

Have done everything @Samu .
    Delete and reinstall seems like my only option

• @gsm909 said:

@Korakios said:

The screenshot above is the files app. Contents are unavailable. Due to an unknown error.

Sorry ,I guess I need more coffee .

• @gsm909 said:

@Samu said:

Ok, Me I just wish AUM had an option to save the recordings in the folder that can be seen directly in Files.app (it already saves the session files there) instead of relying on AudioShare and its FileProvider.

• @gsm909 said:

@Samu said:

Under Settings–>iPad Storage, you have the option to Offload App, which preserves the data. If you do that, then reinstall, it might work. Worth a try, anyway.

• @uncledave said:

@gsm909 said:

@Samu said:

Under Settings–>iPad Storage, you have the option to Offload App, which preserves the data. If you do that, then reinstall, it might work. Worth a try, anyway.

That might work unless it's the actual stored data that causes the problem?
    This could be the total number of files & folders or some weird file-names etc.

• edited October 2020

Will look at the unload option now
    @samu @uncledave , no option to unload The app, just delete 😢

• @gsm909 said:

I would guess you were on a beta which recently expired. DO NOT delete Audioshare. You will lose all your data.

Go to the App Store and you should be able to download (without deleting first) which will replace the beta.

• @espiegel123 said:

@gsm909 said:

I would guess you were on a beta which recently expired. DO NOT delete Audioshare. You will lose all your data.

Go to the App Store and you should be able to download (without deleting first) which will replace the beta.

Good point about the betas (I'm not on AudioShare Beta).

I usually replace an expired beta with the AppStore version when they expire as this. lets me keep all the data...

• @Samu said:

@espiegel123 said:

@gsm909 said:

Good point about the betas (I'm not on AudioShare Beta).

I usually replace an expired beta with the AppStore version when they expire as this. lets me keep all the data...

There was an AudioShare beta that expired a few days ago. I had forgotten that I had a beta and was surprised that I couldn’t open it or access files. The OS really should put up some sort of alert letting you know that you are trying to launch an expired beta.

• @espiegel123 , thanks . That was the problem. Had something similar happen, but AudioShare wasn’t showing up in TestFlight in previously tested apps.

Thanks everyone. 👍
    Happy again, and I managed to backup over 40Gb of audio files using iMazing before I read The solution from @espiegel123

• If you all knew how many times users have reported that one of my apps broke and keeps crashing when launched, just to discover that they're running an expired beta. :) Indeed, I can't understand why iOS doesn't simply show a message when trying to launch an expired beta, it would be so simple.