Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus 2 has arrived!

Downloaded Audiobus 2 and just happen to have a day off. Happy days!

Comments

• Haha, well planned! I'm off tomorrow :-)

• FYI, just had a crash when purchasing the IAP for multi-routing and can't get the app to launch now. Going to re-install and see if that fixes it, but proceed with caution...

• I had the same problem, but reinstalling fixed it.

• Same here, it crashes when trying to purchase multi-routing.
    Re-installed but same happens again.

• Had the same issue after purchasing IAP; the app crashed during the purchase and won't re-open. I was able to launch fine after uninstalling and reinstalling, and AB recognized that I had purchased the IAP. So reinstalling seems to do the trick.

The main convo seems to be happening over here: http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/2838/audiobus-2-is-launching-on-thursday-april-3rd-2014/p9

• Cool, now do we have a list of Audiobus 2 compatible apps supporting preset loading/saving?

• Hey guys, it looks like a few people are experiencing these crashes when purchasing the in-app purchase. To get around that, just delete Audiobus, reboot your iDevice and then install it freshly from the app store.

We're submitting a point release to Apple asap to fix it.

• edited April 2014

@apptronica Same here on iPhone 5s and iPad3 wifi/4G iOS 7.1....even after power off and device restart Audiobus crashes....
    Edit : Thanx @Sebastian :)

• Ok, after re-installing it for the third time, I just went to Settings->Restore Purchases.
    It restored the IAP (obviously it had managed to register it before the crash) and now it works perfectly!

Great job guys!!!

• @Vibes71 said:

@apptronica Same here on iPhone 5s and iPad3 wifi/4G iOS 7.1....even after power off and device restart Audiobus crashes....

Please delete Audiobus, then install it freshly.

• The presets and multi-routing are great so far, but I'm also liking the alpha panel to get to my apps and additional latency settings.

• @Sebastian said:

@Vibes71 said:

Please delete Audiobus, then install it freshly.

Perfect !

• Very Gooooood job guys......veeery good job :-)

• Can I buy 2 times a IAP for multi routing???

• @Sinapsya said:

Can I buy 2 times a IAP for multi routing???

Why? You can just push the button again and have another pipeline.

• Oh what a difference a day makes! I was totally frustrated and depressed because I couldn't record z3ta+ to any DAW or looper on my 4th gen without nasty crackles and pops (just z3ta+ and a recording app -- nothing else!). Higher latency setting didn't help. It was even worse when I tried IAA. I just tested it with AB2 and it worked flawlessly! Thank you Thank you Thank you! I was secretly afraid AB2 was going to crush my 4th gen, but it runs better than ever.

• @funjunkie27 said:

Anyone care to try a prest...

http://preset.audiob.us/#rLcc25j3zP1tU93

Yeah, that works nicely ! Had to buy the AUFXs though ;^)

• After reinstall every thing work well.
    Oh! this version is great.

• Here's a sweet sounding AB2 preset. :)

Guitarism, Jamup Pro, Echo Pad
    Audiobus preset 'Crystal Clean': http://preset.audiob.us/0nXNof6BWwzdLDU

• @Vibes71 said:

@funjunkie27 said:

Anyone care to try a prest...

http://preset.audiob.us/#rLcc25j3zP1tU93

Yeah, that works nicely ! Had to buy the AUFXs though ;^)

Yes, this could get pricey but I this is a great feature.

I remember when the first Audiobus launched and only having a handful of compatible apps, this time round it's quite a different experience. Good to see Nlog and MT Daw still so useable, they must have been my first purchases.

• I was thinking the same...it could get pricey!

• @Sebastian I think @Sinapsya just wants to give you more money. :)

• @funjunkie27 said:

Nice sound @HoldernessMedia!

Thanks man, I really like that one too. :)

• edited April 2014

Man, I was beta testing it and freaking loved it, but now that it;s live is even more awesome. State saving for synths is AWESOME !

PS: Here's what I learned while beta testing. Sounds complicated but it's not.

1) run the audio input (guitar) through JamUP (or any fx processor) and into the Audio OUT.

2) run the audio input (guitar) to Loopy.

This way you can record the dry signal into Loopy, and monitor the effected one.
    After done recording, you can route Loopy's outputs to the JamUp chain.

This basically allows you to use Audiobus chains as send effects from Loopy.

• edited April 2014

• A quick presets question: When I click on the links, I then have to open each app separately in Audiobus. When I do this, does Audiobus automatically 'remember' the preset setting I originally clicked on so that each app opens in the right save state? Or do I have to click on the preset again after opening all the apps?