Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Arturia KeyStep 37 Tutorial & Using It With Your iPad

The new KeyStep 37 adds so much new stuff that it makes it a great choice for a midi controller for your iDevices.
I pretty much cover the whole thing and all the new features in this video, hope you enjoy 😊

Comments

• Wow, that’s a powerful little controller! Thanks for the walkthrough 🙏

• edited October 2020

Well done... very informative...thank you. I want one!

• Thanks Doug...just picked up one of these, great value :)

• How do you sync keystep (arp-seq) / aum? Tried all without success. If I send clock from AUM - no response (backside sync switches - USB). Second try was an app MIDI Link sync: switches USB, link to midi mode, keystep as slave. Sometimes keystep is in sync but usually I I use nudge tempo (+100ms). iPad air 2 latest iOS.

Midi to link mode - keystep as master - not in sync

Nightmare...

• Damn these things are still not available for sale in Canada.

• just picked up one last night. only have had an hour on it, and already know it’s gonna be a huge change to my workflow. it’s just so fast and no nonsense. so cool

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    The new KeyStep 37 adds so much new stuff that it makes it a great choice for a midi controller for your iDevices.
    I pretty much cover the whole thing and all the new features in this video, hope you enjoy 😊

how do you tie notes , or put rest
    between notes?

• edited January 2021

@foxal said:
    How do you sync keystep (arp-seq) / aum? Tried all without success. If I send clock from AUM - no response (backside sync switches - USB). Second try was an app MIDI Link sync: switches USB, link to midi mode, keystep as slave. Sometimes keystep is in sync but usually I I use nudge tempo (+100ms). iPad air 2 latest iOS.

Nightmare...

Try to do it through audiobus 3:

Launch Audiobus,
    In the sync settings select Keystep as midi input and aum as midi output. Also enable all midi channels, since keystep will transmit the clock sync signal only on the currently selected channel on keystep.

Under the midi clock sync settings in Audiobus Keystep should be the midi clock source and aum is the midi clock destination.

Keystep has to be set as midi clock master obviously.

• @GLacey said:

@foxal said:
    How do you sync keystep (arp-seq) / aum? Tried all without success. If I send clock from AUM - no response (backside sync switches - USB). Second try was an app MIDI Link sync: switches USB, link to midi mode, keystep as slave. Sometimes keystep is in sync but usually I I use nudge tempo (+100ms). iPad air 2 latest iOS.

Nightmare...

Try to do it through audiobus 3:

Launch Audiobus,
    In the sync settings select Keystep as midi input and aum as midi output. Also enable all midi channels, since keystep will transmit the clock sync signal only on the currently selected channel on keystep.

Under the midi clock sync settings in Audiobus Keystep should be the midi clock source and aum is the midi clock destination.

Keystep has to be set as midi clock master obviously.

Thank you, just redownloading audiobus.

• @eross said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

how do you tie notes , or put rest
    between notes?

You do it by pressing the Tap tempo button. If you hold a note and press the Tap button you add a tie, if you don’t hold a note you add a rest. Every button press equals one step.

• Just watching and enjoying this video as Ive just ordered one of these.
    One thing to note is that the power supply is NOT the same as the 9 volt Keystep one.
    The Keystep 37 is 12 volt 1.5 amp Positive centre.

• Looks really good. I may end up grabbing one today but I’ll probably end up with a Microfreak