Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The RAT distortion has grown up!

Many of you will remember my RAT distortion effect done inside Drambo.
By coincidence, when evaluating different wave shaper curves I stumbled oner one that added a real nice crunchy effect that I just had to add to my little rat.
With Crunch at zero, the sound is identical with the previous version but when you turn it up, you get a new flavor that wasn't possible before, including an even more bassy grunge.

Try it, you might enjoy the new version!

https://patchstorage.com/the-rat-distortion/

Comments

• Is it now an R.O.U.S??

• Thanks rs2000! Love your original, so I can't wait to try this out this evening.

• Nice job... it's The Uber Rat.

This track uses 2 instances of Drambo with "Rat v8" on the:

• Axon2 Drums
    • Clean Guitar input

I added some reverb and delay inside Drambo for the Guitar instance and Reverb for the Drums after the Rat Racks. It really crunches up the drums nicely too.

• edited October 2020

@McD Very cool, you're right, why not crunch up the drums as well. Thanks for recording that beefy example! :+1:

• A couple of of those sustaining chords have a good EVH "brown" vibe to 'em.

• @wim said:
    A couple of of those sustaining chords have a good EVH "brown" vibe to 'em.

Interesting. Being a total guitar noob, I had to look this one up.

• @rs2000 said:
    By coincidence, when evaluating different wave shaper curves I stumbled oner one that added a real nice crunchy effect that I just had to add to my little rat.

Are these other wave shaper curves available somewhere?

This sounds great btw.

• edited October 2020

@cian said:

@rs2000 said:

This sounds great btw.

Thanks!
    You can save them as presets inside the Graphic Shaper module and use them in your own creations.

• @rs2000 said:

@cian said:

@rs2000 said:

This sounds great btw.

Thanks!
    You can save them as presets inside the Graphic Shaper module and use them in your own creations.

Oh they're in the patch? Cool.

• @cian said:

@rs2000 said:

@cian said:

@rs2000 said:

This sounds great btw.

Thanks!

Oh they're in the patch? Cool.

Yep. No secrets or hidden modules in Drambo. Only folded racks ;)

• cool guitar sound!

• Now I wish I had Drambo!

• @Jamie_Mallender said:
    Now I wish I had Drambo!

How in the world did you hold off? Are you a guitar player or a beat maker with a few precious go to tools?