Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Behringer iStudio on sale $100 at Sweetwater

Comments

• That's not the lightning connector model right?

• Yeah, that's what I figured. $100 would be too good to be true otherwise....

• edited April 2014

I picked up a Griffin Studio Connect just after Christmas for like 89 dollars. It works great for bringing all of my audio stuff into Cubasis. It was in fact the Lightning version at that price and B and H photo as well as Guitar Center. Only one stereo track in but you can run the whole mix in or just a keyboard or what have you on hand. It also has a guitar jack. Works great at doing what it is supposed to do in fact.
    I also has a line out rca jack and 1/8 mini out as well with an input gain dial and an output for the 1/8 signal also. Charges your Ipad while you work. It has midi in and out but I did not need that so can not comment yet.

• The dock works off of batteries. Interesting.

Has anybody tried to 32pin->Lightning connector to see if it works with newer gear?

• I recently traded in my Griffin StudioConnect(30pin) because my original (and a replacement) had problems consistently charging the IPad when it was hooked up. Sweetwater and other folks have the Behringer IStudio(also 30pin) on a sale for $99, so I opted for that. (With a Lightning adapter working on either one) It's larger, but I like it better because it has more versatile inputs for Mics and Guitars, MIDI keyboards, speakers, etc. I'd gotten used to the upright IPad configuration of the Griffin, so I've stuck a wooden cookbook stand under the IStudio to angle it upright and that helps. Point of this is, the signal and sound of the Behringer is cleaner and has more headroom without distortion than I heard with the Griffin.

• @NoiseHorse. What generation iPad are you using with the Behringer? By the way, that Christmas song you posted was awesome.

• I've got the IPad4 and I use the lightning/30pin adapter to attach to both the Griffin StudioConnect and now with the Behringer IStudio IS202. I have the adapter from Apple and it works no problem. Thanks for liking my song, you're compelling me to release more musical stupidity on the world...

• Anyone tried the Iconnectmidi2+ with an Ipad 4 ?

• I'd like to see one of those for the iPhone!

• @noisehorse please can I ask if you can post a photo of the lightening to 30 pin working with the Behringer IStudio IS202?

I am interested in possibly buying the IS202 and want to ensure it works, etc...

• Here you go. Basically everything connects and works likes it's supposed to (guitar, condenser mic, midi keyboard, speakers, and headphones) charges the IPad too. My only problem is 60hz hum using AC instead of batteries. Any ideas from buskers on the best way to eliminate the hum would be appreciated. Sorry the second picture went sideways!

• Since istudio provides balanced outputs you can try cutting the ground on the connection with the speaker .Do it only if your speakers have balanced inputs too. If iStudio provides ground lift ,no need cutting the cable (the audio cable ,NOT the power!)

• Good idea thanks I'll try that. There is no ground lift switch on the IStudio.

• @NoiseHorse
    Did you noticed any crackling noise when recording?Some people mention problems with iStudio and Audiobus...

• No crackling noises on mine at all. Just a background hum. I can play any app nice and smooth without crackling, Audiobus or not. I'm getting a replacement to try out from Sweetwater in a couple days, I'll let you know if there's any crackling or hum on that one. Sweetwater is great, is asked them how to reduce the hum, and they called me a offered to send me another one to see if it hums too.

• Thank's man!BTW I read in a forum that iStudio's power supply does not have ground connection.If so ,you could try some diy trick...

• Ya that's likely the root of the problem. It's plugged into a grounded surge protector, but I'm too dumb to think of anything else to eliminate that hum. What forum did you see that discussed? It might give me some better ideas....

• It wasn't a forum (sorry I couldn't remember when I was posting).I read it on comments on thomman.de online store.
    http://www.thomann.de/gb/behringer_istudio_is_202.htm#bewertung
    The poster "John571" claims that "(hum).It disappears as soon as you earth any piece of connected equipment." .Are your monitors connected to earth? I would first contact Behringer and then try with a cable to connect the ground with the dedicated ground connector above Line/Phono Aux RCA.

• @Korakios: After doing a little thought about my problem I believe I came up with a solution! I realized that instead of trying to ground the IStudio, what I would need to do instead was to unground everything that was connected to it. My speakers and midi keyboard were all connected with my IStudio to a grounded surge protector. I realized what I needed to do was plug everything in to an ungrounded surge protector, because each item would be ungrounded if I plugged them each directly into a wall outlet. So I tried an ungrounded surge protector, and while the results were not totally noise free, that background hum was gone. Totally doesn't make sense considering the ground connection on the back of the IStudio for turntables, but it works.

• Hmmm, ungrounding everything is risky.Since the noise insists when you ground iStudio then I would prefer cutting the ground of the balanced audio and the midi cable...I have spend much time in eliminating ground loop,hum,emi,static noises in various setups but never unground anything.
    But it's your life (&equipment) so I can't convince you!