Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

RANT: Youtube Music Making Videos...........

124»

Comments

• @AudioGus said:
    I just don’t like the ‘here, it’s me talking!’ face in a mirror or green screened thumbnail in the lower corner, whatever, I don’t want to see the face of the person talking at all.

Freaking CooCoo with that stupid rear view mirror looking like he is getting pulled over for DUI!
    LOL

• @dendy said:

Perfect. Don't forget to practice some flamboyant-finger-ballet.

:D :+1:

Found also this one, it's remain of hornet nest from the rooftop of my house ... will use it probably too.. can't wait for my next video, that will be fun :-D Curious if @RUST( i )K will give me some thumb up :trollface:

I may have to share that for sure!

• @Jamie_Mallender said:

@mrufino1 said:

@Jamie_Mallender said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@Jamie_Mallender said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@Jamie_Mallender said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@ehehehe said:
    When your audible example sound terrible, I reckon you are a youtuber first and musician second. I mostly only watch stuff from proper artists. If your catalogue is as unimpressive as mine, what do you really have to offer? I’d rather read a manual than watch some dude with his face faffing about for 30+ mins... Rant done.

Check Mate!

Reminds me of when I taught high school-
    All the principals/VP were failed teachers who went on to get advanced degrees because they sucked at teaching so now are in charge of teachers.

I would love to know the motivation of some YT.

Do they think they are that good?

Do they think they are that interesting?

Do they think their voices are pleasing?

Are they trying to be famous?

IN OTHER WORDS- WTF were they thinking?

When you decide to commit to making YouTube videos, it’s just like any other aspect of the entertainment business. You have a desire to do it, whether you’re crippled with self doubt or the most confident person out there it really makes no difference. You just know you need to do it, knowing that no matter how good your content - there will be haters. You have to be broad shouldered and just do it and hopefully you can take it when someone you don’t know rips into you like a vicious little keyboard warrior. For me, my channel is a slow grow but the people who take the time are usually very supportive and complimentary. I have only had a couple of vicious comments so I think I’m doing ok - but I am my own biggest critic. So criticism is always welcome, my ego is very much in check. Motivations differ. For me, I’ve played for big bands and had my time in the spotlight. Now I’m older and I enjoy teaching and sharing knowledge and I get to do some creative stuff with my playing - I just really enjoy it. The best part though, is when someone watches a video and then reaches out for some further help - and I help them fix an issue or teach them something. I don’t do well enough at it to make any money - it’s just something I genuinely enjoy.

Link to channel?

:)

Thanks man! Appreciate it!
    Links to any of your chronology or work would be killer !

Thanks for sharing

Thanks buddy. my website is at www.jamiemallender.co.uk - there’s links there to all the various platforms I’m on. :)

I like your video on the xvive compressor (the compressor with your name on it). I didn’t wind up buying that compressor at the time but I keep meaning to do so. Good to see you on here!

The compressor video is super old. They’ve asked me to do a new one as they’ve noticed that the quality of my videos has improved a lot - and that’s an issue too for a YouTuber. What do you do about your old crappy videos? I’ve left them all up there kind of warts and all but - I do cringe when I see them now and then.

The compressor is something I’m really proud of. Obviously, if you want lots of control over your compression, this is not the pedal for you. But it’s a cheap, easy solution for bass compression that really does sound nice. The built in overdrive is a really nice bonus too and I use it a lot. The one drawback with mini pedals of course is if you’re clumsy you knock the chicken knob and ruin the way you’ve preset it. But it’s worth it to me - just having to be a little more careful. My old Ampeg Scrambler weighs more than the 10 pedals I currently have on my board. Once upon a time my pedal board was heavier than my bass amp. Now, it’s so light it’s not worth weighing it.

Ha! I never move any knobs by accident...at least not in the last 2 minutes. I have a bass microsynth on my board, and it’s a good thing I know how to set the sliders because they move every time the pedalboard goes in its case.

For a live pedal, the last thing you want on a compressor is too many parameters, that’s for sure. I’m using a bass dapper and a tc spectracomp, so not many physical controls but they sound good, although the tc has a billion options when hooked up by usb, but then it’s set and forget. I think the filter on the bass dapper is the same as the singing auto wah too, they all seem to be versions of the bassballs.

I’m glad you posted though, It’s a reminder to check out your comp again. And I’m definitely going to look at your channel, I didn’t realize you we’re doing new videos.

• I think maybe some entrails, a severed head and a machete might be quite amusing.... as long as the blood doesn’t get on the ipad

• That hornets nest is like a view of my brain when I’m trying to come up with new ideas.

• @Jamie_Mallender said:
    I think maybe some entrails, a severed head and a machete might be quite amusing.... as long as the blood doesn’t get on the ipad

@robosardine said:
    That hornets nest is like a view of my brain when I’m trying to come up with new ideas.

Hornets or FLIES!!

• Yes, if I ever do videos I’ll place dead flies everywhere. And old turned over cans of beans.

• @mrufino1 said:

@Jamie_Mallender said:

@mrufino1 said:

@Jamie_Mallender said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@Jamie_Mallender said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@Jamie_Mallender said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@ehehehe said:
    When your audible example sound terrible, I reckon you are a youtuber first and musician second. I mostly only watch stuff from proper artists. If your catalogue is as unimpressive as mine, what do you really have to offer? I’d rather read a manual than watch some dude with his face faffing about for 30+ mins... Rant done.

Check Mate!

All the principals/VP were failed teachers who went on to get advanced degrees because they sucked at teaching so now are in charge of teachers.

When you decide to commit to making YouTube videos, it’s just like any other aspect of the entertainment business. You have a desire to do it, whether you’re crippled with self doubt or the most confident person out there it really makes no difference. You just know you need to do it, knowing that no matter how good your content - there will be haters. You have to be broad shouldered and just do it and hopefully you can take it when someone you don’t know rips into you like a vicious little keyboard warrior. For me, my channel is a slow grow but the people who take the time are usually very supportive and complimentary. I have only had a couple of vicious comments so I think I’m doing ok - but I am my own biggest critic. So criticism is always welcome, my ego is very much in check. Motivations differ. For me, I’ve played for big bands and had my time in the spotlight. Now I’m older and I enjoy teaching and sharing knowledge and I get to do some creative stuff with my playing - I just really enjoy it. The best part though, is when someone watches a video and then reaches out for some further help - and I help them fix an issue or teach them something. I don’t do well enough at it to make any money - it’s just something I genuinely enjoy.

Link to channel?

Thanks for sharing

Thanks buddy. my website is at www.jamiemallender.co.uk - there’s links there to all the various platforms I’m on. :)

I like your video on the xvive compressor (the compressor with your name on it). I didn’t wind up buying that compressor at the time but I keep meaning to do so. Good to see you on here!

The compressor video is super old. They’ve asked me to do a new one as they’ve noticed that the quality of my videos has improved a lot - and that’s an issue too for a YouTuber. What do you do about your old crappy videos? I’ve left them all up there kind of warts and all but - I do cringe when I see them now and then.

The compressor is something I’m really proud of. Obviously, if you want lots of control over your compression, this is not the pedal for you. But it’s a cheap, easy solution for bass compression that really does sound nice. The built in overdrive is a really nice bonus too and I use it a lot. The one drawback with mini pedals of course is if you’re clumsy you knock the chicken knob and ruin the way you’ve preset it. But it’s worth it to me - just having to be a little more careful. My old Ampeg Scrambler weighs more than the 10 pedals I currently have on my board. Once upon a time my pedal board was heavier than my bass amp. Now, it’s so light it’s not worth weighing it.

Ha! I never move any knobs by accident...at least not in the last 2 minutes. I have a bass microsynth on my board, and it’s a good thing I know how to set the sliders because they move every time the pedalboard goes in its case.

For a live pedal, the last thing you want on a compressor is too many parameters, that’s for sure. I’m using a bass dapper and a tc spectracomp, so not many physical controls but they sound good, although the tc has a billion options when hooked up by usb, but then it’s set and forget. I think the filter on the bass dapper is the same as the singing auto wah too, they all seem to be versions of the bassballs.

I’m glad you posted though, It’s a reminder to check out your comp again. And I’m definitely going to look at your channel, I didn’t realize you we’re doing new videos.

I’m mostly doing iOS videos at the moment - currently taking a close look at NuRack. I’ve also started doing bass guitar lesson vids and I do the occasional gear thing. I never wanted to make the channel about just one thing - all things music really - whatever I wake up that day and fancy doing. 🙂

• edited October 2020

Here it is !! My first video with props, especially with wasp nest, dedicated to @klownshed and to those poor wasps from my rooftop!! :trollface:

still need significantly improve my finger ballet :-(

• @dendy said:
    Here it is !! My first video with props, especially with wasp nest, dedicated to @klownshed and to those poor wasps from my rooftop!! :trollface:

👍

But your music can sound even better if you get a lava lamp. :smiley:

• @dendy said:

Flat Eric!

• 2- Moving your fingers in an odd frantically and methodical twirling of your fingers like a magician when not even touching knobs is silly looking. "fancy fingers" I call it......hocus pocus watch me turn this know..... ;)

Or wearing gloves. Why?

• edited October 2020

@jolico
    but your music can sound even better if you get a lava lamp

Holy crap what a idea ! Will go to Ikea after second Corona wave ends for some proper lava lamp :-D

@dougdi
    Or wearing gloves. Why?

Maybe if gear is covered by radioactive dust ? You never know if performer lives near Chernobyl or Fukushima :lol:

@klownshed
    Flat Eric!

That's him personally (or one of his clones), my friend for many many years ...

• @dendy said:

Nice tune! I’d say a severed dirty dolls head in the upper left... 😳

• @dougdi said:

2- Moving your fingers in an odd frantically and methodical twirling of your fingers like a magician when not even touching knobs is silly looking. "fancy fingers" I call it......hocus pocus watch me turn this know..... ;)

Or wearing gloves. Why?

Thank you.

Exactly!

So 1982

LOL

• @Jamie_Mallender said:

@mrufino1 said:

@Jamie_Mallender said:

@mrufino1 said:

@Jamie_Mallender said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@Jamie_Mallender said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@Jamie_Mallender said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@ehehehe said:

Check Mate!

Link to channel?

Thanks for sharing

I’m mostly doing iOS videos at the moment - currently taking a close look at NuRack. I’ve also started doing bass guitar lesson vids and I do the occasional gear thing. I never wanted to make the channel about just one thing - all things music really - whatever I wake up that day and fancy doing. 🙂

LINK to channel?

• Has anyone ever turned on notifications because a Youtuber said to?

• I’m am always very unimpressed when someone just presses play on some loop they made and doesn’t even do anything “live”.

It doesn’t matter if you put on a special glove, make your fingers dance, include an action figure/stuffed animal/etc, or a plant.

I used to try to do some live videos on YouTube but fell out of it a couple years back. One thing I will say is if you just hit record and start fiddling around it can be pretty messy.

• Just noticed this and had to add my 2 cents. There's a commercial for the unison midi pack (I think) that drives me nuts. Dumb asses raving about how you must get this pack, because it makes production so easy. One guy in particular who's got a chia pet hairdo who's bouncing on his chair gleefully declaring his ignorance, saying that if you don't know anything chords or music theory, THIS IS FOR YOU!!! I swear if I run into him by chance on the streets, I'm gonna punch him in the nose, and tell the shocked onlookers that, If you don't know anything about Mixed Martial Arts or Boxing, I'M YOUR GUY, then Usain Bolt from the scene.

• @dendy

Really enjoyed your last post "Existane is Music" ; Your best track so far for me. Looks like you've got those Elektrons sussed nicely.

Any plans to integrate iOS one day or are you all in with the DAWless hardware? ;-)

• @AudioGus said:
    Has anyone ever turned on notifications because a Youtuber said to?

LOL

• @Imhodef said:
    Just noticed this and had to add my 2 cents. There's a commercial for the unison midi pack (I think) that drives me nuts. Dumb asses raving about how you must get this pack, because it makes production so easy. One guy in particular who's got a chia pet hairdo who's bouncing on his chair gleefully declaring his ignorance, saying that if you don't know anything chords or music theory, THIS IS FOR YOU!!! I swear if I run into him by chance on the streets, I'm gonna punch him in the nose, and tell the shocked onlookers that, If you don't know anything about Mixed Martial Arts or Boxing, I'M YOUR GUY, then Usain Bolt from the scene.

That mother fucking midi pack with that clown in the suit! LOL

• @DMan said:
    I’m am always very unimpressed when someone just presses play on some loop they made and doesn’t even do anything “live”.

It doesn’t matter if you put on a special glove, make your fingers dance, include an action figure/stuffed animal/etc, or a plant.

I used to try to do some live videos on YouTube but fell out of it a couple years back. One thing I will say is if you just hit record and start fiddling around it can be pretty messy.

Hear you. Link to your old vids?

• wimwim
    edited November 2020

@AudioGus said:
    Has anyone ever turned on notifications because a Youtuber said to?

I've always been curious if clicking the notification bell actually helps their channel visibility or rating in some way. I would consider doing it for a few favorites to simple help their channel, if it really does anything for them.

I read somewhere that if you watch ads for a certain amount of time they get monetized a little better, so I try to hang in there for at least a bit for that reason. But spamming myself with useless notifications needs to be an actual benefit to the channel before I'm gonna do that.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@DMan said:
    I’m am always very unimpressed when someone just presses play on some loop they made and doesn’t even do anything “live”.

Hear you. Link to your old vids?

Sure https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCdcoDIr843WRGT3DRI7S-7A/videos

I should probably get back into doing some videos, but I’ve been stuck in a rut. That, and recording is always a bit of a process and I don’t have a very good dedicated music space at the moment.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@Imhodef said:
    Just noticed this and had to add my 2 cents. There's a commercial for the unison midi pack (I think) that drives me nuts. Dumb asses raving about how you must get this pack, because it makes production so easy. One guy in particular who's got a chia pet hairdo who's bouncing on his chair gleefully declaring his ignorance, saying that if you don't know anything chords or music theory, THIS IS FOR YOU!!! I swear if I run into him by chance on the streets, I'm gonna punch him in the nose, and tell the shocked onlookers that, If you don't know anything about Mixed Martial Arts or Boxing, I'M YOUR GUY, then Usain Bolt from the scene.

That mother fucking midi pack with that clown in the suit! LOL

I’m a non-violent man, but I have my limits.

• The Drip plugin, two clicks, perfect!

• edited November 2020

@klownshed said:
    @dendy

Really enjoyed your last post "Existane is Music" ; Your best track so far for me. Looks like you've got those Elektrons sussed nicely.

Thanks;-) Yeah it is lot of fun, i'm constantly "in the flow" when i turn them on :-)

Any plans to integrate iOS one day or are you all in with the DAWless hardware? ;-)

who know, no plans for now, i'm really enjoying true hw-only enviroment ... yesterday purchased Circuit to add some classic VA polyphonic sounds to my jams :-)

now i need:

• sausage for mr.oizo
    • some damn pot with minitree :-)))
    • lot of finger ballet excersizes
  • @dendy said:

@klownshed said:
    @dendy

Thanks;-) Yeah it is lot of fun, i'm constantly "in the flow" when i turn them on :-)

who know, no plans for now, i'm really enjoying true hw-only enviroment ... yesterday purchased Circuit to add some classic VA polyphonic sounds to my jams :-)

now i need:

• sausage for mr.oizo
    • some damn pot with minitree :-)))
    • lot of finger ballet excersizes

No...you do NOT need them! LOL