Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Machine+ vs. Machine mk3 vs. Akai MPC One

12346»

Comments

• edited July 2021

@Korakios said:

@GovernorSilver said:
    That's good to hear that MPC One is working fine with IOS over USB audio.

No it doesn't ,unfortunately

I don't know why you have chosen to respond to my post, when it was posts by others who have left that impression.

Please scroll back up and respond directly to their posts. Thanks.

• edited July 2021

@Korakios said:

@GovernorSilver said:

@Korakios said:

@GovernorSilver said:

I don't know why you have chosen to respond to my post, when it was posts by others who have left that impression.

if you quoted the post about iConnect Audio it would help. The way you wrote it confused me, anyway I edited the post

No I'm not going to do the work that you're unwilling to do here.

If you disagree with someone's post, talk to them directly please. Don't treat me as if I were their representative

• @GovernorSilver said:

@Korakios said:

@GovernorSilver said:

@Korakios said:

@GovernorSilver said:

if you quoted the post about iConnect Audio it would help. The way you wrote it confused me, anyway I edited the post

No I'm not going to do the work that you're unwilling to do here.

If you disagree with someone's post, talk to them directly please. Don't treat me as if I were their representative

Rough day ? Anyway I'll use the "ignore" handy feature ,no need to spam the thread...
    have a nice day :)

• @Korakios said:

@Millions said:
    Still no master, sub, and return automations after all this time.

SInce Akai keeps updating the software ,I won't be surprised if it comes at some point later

Yeah it's just so disappointing because I like to incorporate a lot of filter sweeps, stutters, tape stops, etc for flavor and it always comes down to either finalizing that in Logic in controller mode, bouncing to audio and managing it on the mpc which eliminates the ability to adjust levels, or exporting and having to add effects to stems which is still too rigid. I just don't see how such a major oversight has been made every update.

• @Millions said:

@Korakios said:

@Millions said:

SInce Akai keeps updating the software ,I won't be surprised if it comes at some point later

Yeah it's just so disappointing because I like to incorporate a lot of filter sweeps, stutters, tape stops, etc for flavor and it always comes down to either finalizing that in Logic in controller mode, bouncing to audio and managing it on the mpc which eliminates the ability to adjust levels, or exporting and having to add effects to stems which is still too rigid. I just don't see how such a major oversight has been made every update.

How about midi learn on master FX and using an ipad for sequencing midi CC ?
    I know ,it's a workaround and workarounds are workflow killers ....
    I don't think it's possible to drive a midi track to master within MPC ,only to other tracks or physical outputs ,but I'll check it later

• @Korakios said:

@Millions said:

@Korakios said:

@Millions said:

How about midi learn on master FX and using an ipad for sequencing midi CC ?
    I know ,it's a workaround and workarounds are workflow killers ....
    I don't think it's possible to drive a midi track to master within MPC ,only to other tracks or physical outputs ,but I'll check it later

Yeah there isn't a midi master which is why it's so bizarre. The device is about 3 steps away from being a true all-in-one device as far as purely electronic and sample based music with some live instruments is concerned.

• @CapnWillie said:
    🚨 Inspiration Alert! 🚨

Thanks Capn!

• edited August 2021

SWEETNESS! Really great Chat!

• @CapnWillie said:
    🚨 Inspiration Alert! 🚨

Two of my fav content creators team up on Beats n Chats to briefly discuss one artists journey to and then with Maschine. UK has been a major label artist and beat junky for decades and used all types of hardware and software before settling in on MK3 and it changed his life. Getting long in the tooth and beard but still able to do what he loves for a living largely due to Native Instruments amazing tools.

At the end, the two collab to show why we Maschine heads love it so much...from idea to 🔥 groove in seconds.

Heyyy Uncle Knock!!!! Not only is he an all around great guy but also has one the best tag service ever!!! The man that helped me with my producer tag!!!!

• @CapnWillie said:

@hansjbs said:

@CapnWillie said:
    🚨 Inspiration Alert! 🚨

Two of my fav content creators team up on Beats n Chats to briefly discuss one artists journey to and then with Maschine. UK has been a major label artist and beat junky for decades and used all types of hardware and software before settling in on MK3 and it changed his life. Getting long in the tooth and beard but still able to do what he loves for a living largely due to Native Instruments amazing tools.

At the end, the two collab to show why we Maschine heads love it so much...from idea to 🔥 groove in seconds.

Heyyy Uncle Knock!!!! Not only is he an all around great guy but also has one the best tag service ever!!! The man that helped me with my producer tag!!!!

Wow. How’d you even know he offered that? Now I’m curious to hear it because I know you’re nice with tune in your own right.

I’ve known for a while about his tag service but was procrastinating cuz I had a home made one by this British girl that butchered my name😂. It was so funny I kept it until I decided to actually get it done professionally and who else would know what I need…UK!!!!

• @CapnWillie said:
    🚨 Inspiration Alert! 🚨

Wow, one of them has the same Rhodes that Ray Charles played for Blue Brothers!

Thanks for posting!

• I wish NI would make a Maschine that uses an Ipad for the brain and has a built in dock.
    They could make it cheaper as it doesnt need the built in PC.
    But they probably wont.

• @PsyKology said:
    I wish NI would make a Maschine that uses an Ipad for the brain and has a built in dock.
    But they probably wont.

You’ve got something like that already. It’s called BeatMaker 3 😜

• @CapnWillie said:

@PsyKology said:
    I wish NI would make a Maschine that uses an Ipad for the brain and has a built in dock.
    But they probably wont.

As @echoopera alluded to thats basically an MK3/Mikro made class compliant to control BM3. Would take them half of a work day to execute. And no, unfortunately it ain’t ever gonna happen.lol. If it did, why would anyone buy a M+ for $1399 plus tax.

I wouldn’t rule out a cut down version to compete with the MPC One, after enough time to establish the M+.

• @PsyKology said:
    But they probably wont.

100% agreed. I wrote about this exact thing a while back Turn iPad into a hardware device. Elektron ipad?

The iPad has the processing power, best touch screen, solid OS… you just need an app made to work with a dedicated controller. A hub with all the knobs plus integrated audio interface and midi for a spotless integration. That’s what an MpC live or a Maschine+ are… I’d be all over it.

• @tahiche said:

@PsyKology said:
    But they probably wont.

100% agreed. I wrote about this exact thing a while back Turn iPad into a hardware device. Elektron ipad?

The iPad has the processing power, best touch screen, solid OS… you just need an app made to work with a dedicated controller. A hub with all the knobs plus integrated audio interface and midi for a spotless integration. That’s what an MpC live or a Maschine+ are… I’d be all over it.

The OS thing is downside for a company

• you have a fee to pay to Apple
    • you have to catch up with unknown documentation and constant OS update cycles that can brake your app ($$development time)
    • most people coming from hardware will run on 64 buffer size , iOS isn't optimized for that
    • making an app that doesn't host AUs will dissapoint many users , some AUs might be buggy causing extra development time , using AUs prevents developing "in-house" IAP synths soundpacks
    • etc...
  • @Korakios said:

@tahiche said:

@PsyKology said:
    But they probably wont.

The OS thing is downside for a company

• you have a fee to pay to Apple
    • you have to catch up with unknown documentation and constant OS update cycles that can brake your app ($$development time)
    • most people coming from hardware will run on 64 buffer size , iOS isn't optimized for that
    • making an app that doesn't host AUs will dissapoint many users , some AUs might be buggy causing extra development time , using AUs prevents developing "in-house" IAP synths soundpacks
    • etc...

Good points. I totally buy the Apple fees argument. Fees, percentages, being locked to the Apple store, and so on. An app + hardware product would require a lot of investment and as it is you’d be pretty much sold to Apple. An ios upgrade could break stuff and users can’t roll back, etc… totally understandable they wouldn’t want that.
    I don’t agree with the extra development time, I think it’d actually be less since the hardware is olor and there’s plenty of libraries, experienced programmers, etc. But it’s only speculation the fact is nowadays it probably wouldn’t make sense financially.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @winconway said:

@CapnWillie said:

@PsyKology said:
    But they probably wont.

As @echoopera alluded to thats basically an MK3/Mikro made class compliant to control BM3. Would take them half of a work day to execute. And no, unfortunately it ain’t ever gonna happen.lol. If it did, why would anyone buy a M+ for $1399 plus tax.

Nobody is buying them for that surely, I paid £699 in the UK from an official distributor, you can expect them to be knocked out lower again soon over here, they are really struggling to sell them.
    It just doesn't offer enough vs a Mk3 for Maschine users, and for new users the MPC range is just a lot better value.

£699 for the M+ ???

• @winconway said:

@CapnWillie said:

@PsyKology said:
    But they probably wont.

Nobody is buying them for that surely, I paid £699 in the UK from an official distributor, you can expect them to be knocked out lower again soon over here, they are really struggling to sell them.
    It just doesn't offer enough vs a Mk3 for Maschine users, and for new users the MPC range is just a lot better value.

I saw a video of the Atom SQ controlling BM3 and it was pretty impressive. But not fully integrated, as it’s made for the Presonus DAW.
    Ok, so NI are not gonna make a class compliant Mikro or whatever. But could a third party developer do it?. Make a dedicated pre-mapped hardware controller?. I think these iOS daws (BM3, Cubasis, Zenbeats…) can’t be controlled out of the box, you’d have to do extensive midi mapping and even then some functions wouldn’t be available.
    Maybe Cubasis with the MCU Jackie protocol thing… I believe they’d need some sort of initial script, sort of like what makes the launchpads work with some devices.

• edited August 2021

@tahiche said:

@winconway said:

@CapnWillie said:

@PsyKology said:
    But they probably wont.

I saw a video of the Atom SQ controlling BM3 and it was pretty impressive. But not fully integrated, as it’s made for the Presonus DAW.
    Ok, so NI are not gonna make a class compliant Mikro or whatever. But could a third party developer do it?. Make a dedicated pre-mapped hardware controller?. I think these iOS daws (BM3, Cubasis, Zenbeats…) can’t be controlled out of the box, you’d have to do extensive midi mapping and even then some functions wouldn’t be available.
    Maybe Cubasis with the MCU Jackie protocol thing… I believe they’d need some sort of initial script, sort of like what makes the launchpads work with some devices.

I've just accepted youre gonna have to make things work on your own. Was just building a lot of my own, but stopped building.
    Now just buy things with a layout i like, make a few templates, and script the crap outta them in mozaic. Sloppy long code and all.